Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6733
Right, i'm too bothered about points and medals to try getting the WCR. So i guess i'll never get it
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6768|United States of America
It would be great to have all the ribbons and medals and such, but then you have to sometimes be a little dirty, cheat around stuff, yell at your computer for not allowing you to switch on an autobalance game, its all a little too complicated.  I am just going to play, I could care less now, if it brings more trouble than good, its outta the question.
warco3
+1|6741|Orlando, FL
Ok Cougar, I know you wont be swayed but I will post my thoughts regardless. What do you say to someone such as me that discoved the 3:1 win/loss ratio requirement LONG after losing enough rounds so now, I have to win over 700 matches to bring it to that level? Hmm?
Do I suck? I don't think I do. Look at my stats. I'm not the best player, but I'm certainly not the worst and I'm better than most. I had over 500 losses before I was aware of the 3 to 1 ratio. In its current state, I WILL NEVER qualify for that ribbon. Why? Because I refuse to resort to switching teams, I refuse to limit myself to 16 player servers, and I refuse to be commander all the time. IT JUST ISNT FUN. It feels like a chore at that point. Hard work? Yes, no doubt. I'm not knocking you or anyone like you that earned it, even if it was legit. And admit it, you switched teams a couple of times. It was unavoidable.
I feel it's really stupid to base a requirement on something you don't always have control over. Look at Cypher00fus. His win/loss ratio is over 14 to 1. How did he get that? By being admin and playing as commander on a team that has the advantage on the SAME map EVERY DAY since DAY ONE. Anyone can do that. Anyone can own on a map if they've played it as long as he has. WAS IT HARD WORK? YES! Do I want to do that? HELL NO! There is so much more to this game than one stupid ribbon and one stupid map. And frankly, it's not fun when it's HARD WORK. No thanks. Keep your ribbon. OH AND GUESS WHAT? Your win/loss ratio means JACK $HIT to me. So you won alot of matches. Whoopie freakin do. Dogfight me in a jet or see how long you last in a tank when I'm flying a chopper. Nuff said. Again, just stating my opinion. And again, congrats, but no thanks.
warco3
+1|6741|Orlando, FL
Oh and BTW Cougar, I couldn't help but notice you have the Purple Heart. CONGRATS ON THAT ONE!

P.S. Uber-Elite plz tell me where you got your sig k thx you pwn.

Last edited by warco3 (2005-12-05 10:29:57)

RDMC_old
+0|6748|Almere, Holland

Cougar wrote:

I've seen what seems like a thousand topics over the WCR on these forums and I'm starting to wonder "why".

I made a post in another thread about the WCR and I think it deserves it's own thread with a little more explanation of the WCR, so maybe, just maybe all the people out there who don't have a clue can finally get a hint.

OK, WCR, first you need a 3:1 win loss ratio.  In other words this means you would need 3 wins for every loss you get and your stats would look something like, 900 wins 300 losses.  Thats what a 3:1 ratio means.  Very simple people.

Next, you need 50 hours as a commander.  Seems like a lot huh?  It is, and for good reason.  The WCR is a commader class award, meaning only GOOD commanders can get it (respectivly).

Finally, after and only AFTER you have the first two requirements completed, you need 45 commander points IAR (In A Round).  How do you get commander points?  Well technically YOU don't, your team does.  The commander point system is comprised of an average of the players on your teams score.  So for example if everyone on your team had 20 points, idealy you would have around 20 too.  Say you only had two people on your team and the first guy had 50 points and the second guy had 45, you would probably have a commander score of about 46 or 47.  However, your job as a commander is to give your team what they need to get points and succeed.  The better your team does, the better you do.

I have people ask me constantly about these things.  It is very simple.  Work on your 3:1, while doing that you will hit 50 hours and once both of those are set, go for the 45.

*name edited* wrote:
Only admin and server owner can get the freaking 3:1 win lose ratio or people who teamswitch all the time

It not fair
No.

I am neither an admin or a server owner and I have it.  Wanna know how I got it?

HARD WORK

It's the hardest ribbon to get, therfor you have to have the time, skill and dedication to get it.  This ribbon isn't for everyone, and most people will never have it.  3:1 is extremly tough, yes, thats why the ribbon is so prestigious.  I chased it for 3 months before I got it.  Did I teamswitch?  Sure I did, not constantly, but yeah, I teamswitched a bit. 

Here's how you get it:

Start early.
Play 16 man servers as much as possible.
Play as the commander on these servers. (Commanders control the battle on small maps)
Don't lose, ever.

Pretty simple right?  Wrong. 

1.  If you already have 1000 losses and a 1:5 WL, don't bother.  You're never going to get it, go home.
2.  Playing on 64 man servers will only take you 5 years to get the required WL ratio and Commander hours.
3.  If you suck at commander, this ribbon isn't for you.  Work on the Legion of Merit.
4.  If you are a good commander, there is no reason to lose.  Therfor no reason to switch.  However....teams do suck every now and then.  A little thing I call "refusal to play".  Then you switch.
5.  Once again, this ribbon is not for everyone.  It isn't the parachute ribbon.  This ribbon is harder to get than most of the medals.  Don't feel bad because you can't get it, like I said, it's not for everyone.
6.  If you have to come onto a forum and bitch about the requirments, you probably don't have what it takes to get this ribbon in the first place so just pursue something else.

This ribbon takes a long, long, LONG time to get, a lot of patience, good communication with a team (i.e. clan, friends etc), a through and deep understanding of the commander feature and how to use it to the best of it's ability, and finally a keen and ruthless sense of determination to get what you have your eyes set on.

If you are missing any of the traights in the previous paragraph, or find yourself unable to use the features and tools required to get this ribbon you might as well just stop.  Stop going for it and save yourself a lot of time effort and frustration.  Not trying to toot my own horn, I just know from experiance and I've seen many many people try and fail for it.

Also, a few hints and tips:

If your about to lose and you disconnect, you will still be charged with a loss.

When being the commander, it is a good idea to sit in a ground defense, AA, transport, or whatever isn't being used.  This builds your hours for that particualr vehicle up and you aren't just idleing.  It also comes in handy if your base comes under attack.

Praise your team.  The better moral, the better the fight.

To get a high commander score, you can join a server that is just getting started (especially 64 man map servers) and get commander.  The round will take so long that you will usually end up with around 70-80 before the 2x bonus.

If your playing on a 16 man map, remember commanders make the best infantry.  The maps are so small that you are the only person that knows where everyone is at once.  Perfect for setting up ambushes and guarding your things.  Put your UAV on the mass group of enemies and you go after the sneaky ones.

Well, I hope this helps and/or answers a few questions you may have had.  Remeber, the WCR isn't for everyone.
thanks for the tips.. but I see myselve as a good commander(do not say anything about my W:L)..  I never get the change to be one because my rank sucks.. The last couple of times I keep winning but it also has to do with ur team.. at that time i had like 9 squads availeble and they all carried out my orders i also had some dark days in which does selfish pricks.. just always say no.. then u have givin them every possibility and they keep saying no.. can't comply with that.. really gets me on my nerves..
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6848|Deutschland/Germany

warco3 wrote:

Oh and BTW Cougar, I couldn't help but notice you have the Purple Heart. CONGRATS ON THAT ONE!
Well many people have the purple heart because they actually WANTED to get it (e.g. me). I doubt that anyone with 2 hands, 10 fingers and 2 working eyes would get it accidentally.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6733

warco3 wrote:

P.S. Uber-Elite plz tell me where you got your sig k thx you pwn.
Uhm it's from www.tehsig.com like yours too. I just modified the code of the standard sig
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6753|Germany, Berlin
i dont want to offend anybody who has the WCR, but without a good team no commander would get this medal. therefore, its NOT actually your work but the work of your team.....now its time to call me names..
Kriznik
+0|6784

Cougar wrote:

Next, you need 50 hours as a commander.  Seems like a lot huh?  It is, and for good reason.  The WCR is a commader class award, meaning only GOOD commanders can get it (respectivly).
ARE you serious??? ... if your post is mean whole post seriously you cant write this

as everyone know, not everytime you play with teamwork players who follows orders!
or you are who leave team or change team when is loosing?? .... blah

and it is NOT based on your commanders skills!
is based on global wins/loose ... 50h as commander is peace of cake

WCR isnt mean that you are good commander! ... if it will be based on your commander win/loose than YES

this ribbon is completely sucked up
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6777|Dallas

warco3 wrote:

Ok Cougar, I know you wont be swayed but I will post my thoughts regardless. What do you say to someone such as me that discoved the 3:1 win/loss ratio requirement LONG after losing enough rounds so now, I have to win over 700 matches to bring it to that level? Hmm?
I started with a 1.5 ratio and roughly 650 in the hole.  It's not that hard if you follow the steps I gave out.

But if it isn't you'r cup of tea then cheers!

Ohh, and BTW, I got the PH on purpose.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6777|Dallas

Kriznik wrote:

Cougar wrote:

ARE you serious??? ... if your post is mean whole post seriously you cant write this

as everyone know, not everytime you play with teamwork players who follows orders!

WCR isnt mean that you are good commander! ... if it will be based on your commander win/loose than YES

You're an idiot.  After I looked past the horrible grammer and made a rough guess as to what you are trying to get across, it appears that you are wrong.

Think outside the box.  Teams don't usually listen to a commander, right?  THIS is what makes a good commander.  The ability to take a team that has no organzation, teamwork or cooperation and give them the tools they need to win, with or without them realizing what you are doing.  You people think so naively sometimes, I don't get it.

Example:

Your team isn't following orders, not responding in VoIP and not doing so well.  You see a tank headed for thier main base and he is going to bypass one of thier other flags.  So, drop a supply box and a UAV on that flag.  The tank will probably go up there to repair, feel safe with the UAV and end up taking the flag he would have bypassed.

And another thing, I made this post to answer questions and help other people who were intrested in getting the WCR.  If all your going to do is flame bitch and argue, eat a bowl of my nuts and get the fuck out of the thread.
Tarasque
+0|6731|Norway

Cougar wrote:

I've seen what seems like a thousand topics over the WCR on these forums and I'm starting to wonder "why".

I made a post in another thread about the WCR and I think it deserves it's own thread with a little more explanation of the WCR, so maybe, just maybe all the people out there who don't have a clue can finally get a hint.

OK, WCR, first you need a 3:1 win loss ratio.  In other words this means you would need 3 wins for every loss you get and your stats would look something like, 900 wins 300 losses.  Thats what a 3:1 ratio means.  Very simple people.

Finally, after and only AFTER you have the first two requirements completed, you need 45 commander points IAR (In A Round).  How do you get commander points?  Well technically YOU don't, your team does.  The commander point system is comprised of an average of the players on your teams score.  So for example if everyone on your team had 20 points, idealy you would have around 20 too.  Say you only had two people on your team and the first guy had 50 points and the second guy had 45, you would probably have a commander score of about 46 or 47.  However, your job as a commander is to give your team what they need to get points and succeed.  The better your team does, the better you do.

I have people ask me constantly about these things.  It is very simple.  Work on your 3:1, while doing that you will hit 50 hours and once both of those are set, go for the 45.

*name edited* wrote:
Only admin and server owner can get the freaking 3:1 win lose ratio or people who teamswitch all the time

It not fair
No.

I am neither an admin or a server owner and I have it.  Wanna know how I got it?

HARD WORK

It's the hardest ribbon to get, therfor you have to have the time, skill and dedication to get it.  This ribbon isn't for everyone, and most people will never have it.  3:1 is extremly tough, yes, thats why the ribbon is so prestigious.  I chased it for 3 months before I got it.  Did I teamswitch?  Sure I did, not constantly, but yeah, I teamswitched a bit. 

Here's how you get it:

Start early.
Play 16 man servers as much as possible.
Play as the commander on these servers. (Commanders control the battle on small maps)
Don't lose, ever.

Pretty simple right?  Wrong. 

1.  If you already have 1000 losses and a 1:5 WL, don't bother.  You're never going to get it, go home.
2.  Playing on 64 man servers will only take you 5 years to get the required WL ratio and Commander hours.
3.  If you suck at commander, this ribbon isn't for you.  Work on the Legion of Merit.
4.  If you are a good commander, there is no reason to lose.  Therfor no reason to switch.  However....teams do suck every now and then.  A little thing I call "refusal to play".  Then you switch.
5.  Once again, this ribbon is not for everyone.  It isn't the parachute ribbon.  This ribbon is harder to get than most of the medals.  Don't feel bad because you can't get it, like I said, it's not for everyone.
6.  If you have to come onto a forum and bitch about the requirments, you probably don't have what it takes to get this ribbon in the first place so just pursue something else.

This ribbon takes a long, long, LONG time to get, a lot of patience, good communication with a team (i.e. clan, friends etc), a through and deep understanding of the commander feature and how to use it to the best of it's ability, and finally a keen and ruthless sense of determination to get what you have your eyes set on.

If you are missing any of the traights in the previous paragraph, or find yourself unable to use the features and tools required to get this ribbon you might as well just stop.  Stop going for it and save yourself a lot of time effort and frustration.  Not trying to toot my own horn, I just know from experiance and I've seen many many people try and fail for it.

Also, a few hints and tips:

If your about to lose and you disconnect, you will still be charged with a loss.

When being the commander, it is a good idea to sit in a ground defense, AA, transport, or whatever isn't being used.  This builds your hours for that particualr vehicle up and you aren't just idleing.  It also comes in handy if your base comes under attack.

Praise your team.  The better moral, the better the fight.

To get a high commander score, you can join a server that is just getting started (especially 64 man map servers) and get commander.  The round will take so long that you will usually end up with around 70-80 before the 2x bonus.

If your playing on a 16 man map, remember commanders make the best infantry.  The maps are so small that you are the only person that knows where everyone is at once.  Perfect for setting up ambushes and guarding your things.  Put your UAV on the mass group of enemies and you go after the sneaky ones.

Well, I hope this helps and/or answers a few questions you may have had.  Remeber, the WCR isn't for everyone.
Ok why do you keep answering you own fucking questions!?

Does Cougar sound like an idiot? yes he does
OUROBOROS
+0|6770

Cougar wrote:

Think outside the box.  Teams don't usually listen to a commander, right?  THIS is what makes a good commander.  The ability to take a team that has no organzation, teamwork or cooperation and give them the tools they need to win, with or without them realizing what you are doing.  You people think so naively sometimes, I don't get it.

Example:

Your team isn't following orders, not responding in VoIP and not doing so well.  You see a tank headed for thier main base and he is going to bypass one of thier other flags.  So, drop a supply box and a UAV on that flag.  The tank will probably go up there to repair, feel safe with the UAV and end up taking the flag he would have bypassed.
this stuff is so true. sometimes you get a server with nothing but idiot lemmings. use them as such. they like to run striaght into the front line and die... repeatedly. well you toss a UAV guess where do they go. just use your UAV to lead them to where you want then to go and watch them charge. it works. sad... yet funny...

good commanders know thy lemmings
ArMaG3dD0n

Tarasque wrote:

Maybe that s what he wanted to tell us with this thread. Wow looks like the thread finally makes sense!
Icleos
+101|6754

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

If you want to show me skill play with me and show me, not show me WCR.

I been in many server/matches where I beg commander to tell me where to bomber (I'm in bomber) and I had my locked squad to order me. But nooooo Commander prefers calling artly on a tank attacking an outpost (that would probably do nothing to it) then telling me "Hey Tank at <x> outpost please take it out".

I met VERY few commanders with real teamwork.

WCR and other medals stats are nothing.
A direct hit with artillary on any tank or APC will destroy it.  Chances are though you'll miss...

Last edited by Icleos (2005-12-05 14:14:30)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

I'm aiming for the War College ribbon. It's a prestegious award, but I'm working hard, and I'm glad it's so hard to get. I think at the moment I'm winning about 5:1. this means that in a long time I'll meet the elusive 3:1 overall win:loss ratio, but it will take time.
Likewise will the commander thing. I don't spend much time as commander unless my team needs someone who will stay in a place and command their team, and I'm getting pretty good at it.
Congratulations to all who have gained the ribbon through legitimate means, I hope to join you soon, (a year or so.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
magzy
+11|6764
No.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6777|Dallas

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Tarasque wrote:

Maybe that s what he wanted to tell us with this thread. Wow looks like the thread finally makes sense!
Shut the fuck up Armageddon.  You've been following me around the forums flaming everything I say ever since I made you look like an ass in the other thread.  If your gonna say something, say it you lil pussy, don't just hang out in the corner with your buddy and repeat everything he says like the skinny black dude of Pooty Tang.

First guy: huh-huh your an idiot

Armageddon: huh-huh YEAH, HAHA AN IDIOT, yeah you tell him boss..heh.......ehh....err
ArMaG3dD0n
Ah u mean the thread in which u called me a tank whore and i showed u the statistics of me using the tank less than u did? Yes i really looked like an ass there.
88mm
+8|6818
Only cheap liars and team-switchers have this ribbon.

GET A LIFE COUGAR

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
alf.ha
+5|6752|Berlin/Germany
1. Why do you start a new thread about this topic? You have already said your opinion in another thread.

2. What do you do when you play with your sportsclub a match against another team, and your team sucks so that you will lose the match? Switch the team? I believe you would do that, leaving your teammates behind.

In my eyes WTJ are also cheaters.
Kriznik
+0|6784

Cougar wrote:

Kriznik wrote:

Cougar wrote:

You're an idiot.  After I looked past the horrible grammer and made a rough guess as to what you are trying to get across, it appears that you are wrong.

Example:

And another thing, I made this post to answer questions and help other people who were intrested in getting the WCR.  If all your going to do is flame bitch and argue, eat a bowl of my nuts and get the fuck out of the thread.
ok wise guy
we can talk in my language if you want... ok go and talk with me czech
you can? ok
you cant? wow dont call me idiot when someone cant talk properly your language

sucker

your opinion is completely bad and think what you want

WCR isnt based on commander skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can be 50h as commander doing nothing and getting good team which will win every battle
i get WCR ...

you are idion man
slidero

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Ah u mean the thread in which u called me a tank whore and i showed u the statistics of me using the tank less than u did? Yes i really looked like an ass there.
u

u

u

u

u

u

u

u
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6777|Dallas
Fuck you bunch of ******!!!!  I try to post something helpful for people who might want it and I get SHIT ON.  You bunch of un-grateful adolesent ASSHOLES!!!!  I'm done with this thread.  Argueing because you think this or think that is FUCKING POINTLESS!!!  The fact that you losers kept coming back again and again and again is PROOF that you do CARE, otherwise you would have said your peace and left.

Chuy, trigger, Schuass, delete this fucking thread.

On second thought, delete my account too, the people in this forum aren't worth my time or the words I have to say.

I hope you fucking shitheads burn.

Last edited by Cougar (2005-12-05 17:12:11)

slidero
You need to relax son

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard