AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6682|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Yes but you can't restrict firearms from criminals without restricting them from people who benefit from them on a daily and annual basis, the thousands of crimes that are prevented.  Jon heres the bottom line, we have to work harder to enforce the laws and ensure those who commit crimes with firearms are held to a higher sentencing standard.  You can't take away guns because if you do that, than criminals will still be able to get them and than the thousands of lives and crimes prevented every year would drop dramatically.  See now?  I'm all for criminals NOT having guns, but if you take them away from the populace at the same time, you have accomplished nothing and actually taken one step forward and two steps back.
In case you missed my last to posts to you jon, here they are.
I did miss them, actually. Nice call.

Seriously though, if firearms aren't manufactured or sold in the US, no one can get their hands on them without importing them illegally. Criminals would not have guns and law abiding citizens could not kill in anger. And besides, firearms only kill about 300 people in self defense.
Ok jon, since you went off on me on the other thread, whats your source for "about 300 people in self defense"
The FBI link, it didn't even work???
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6810|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

Maybe your way works, but I would argue there is a better way.
The 'better way' would require a 0% murder rate for my standards.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-09 02:54:40)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6664|Sea to globally-cooled sea

basetballjones wrote:

Registered firearm owners are generally not criminals.

Criminals steal or purchase their firearms on the black market.

Conversely, criminals knowing that citizens are armed is a deterent.
QFT!!

+1

a level-headed bloke here, ladies and gentlemen!!!
starkingdoms
+6|6809

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Ok fellas, we made a lot of process on the Concealed Weapons thread, so answer this one and only question, no offshoots on religion, or politics, or namecalling (I've had just about enough of that).  Just read the question and respond.

The FBI has reported that in the previous years, 1991-2004, that Rape is down 24%, Aggravated assault is down 33%, Murder is down 44%, and Robbery is down 50%.

Also the FBI has previously reported that Violent crime has been way down from 1991-2004.  Gun ownership and the number of firearms in the U.S. is now at an ALL TIME HIGH.

My one and only question for those of you who say guns create crime or such other subject:

How can crime be this far down and still going down when firearm ownership and the amount of firearms are on the rise???

If you don't answer this question, I WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOU.  (Smart ass remarks will only make you look stupid)
STFU ALREADY

i barely read these forums and i am tired with all the gun shit.........
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6682|Seattle, WA

starkingdoms wrote:

STFU ALREADY

How old are you??  I deleted one thread and started this one to get a response, in a reaction to the past thread (that I deleted) which wasn't a poll.  Grow up.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6565|Portland, OR USA
Here's the real answer to the original post.  No joking.  It's abortion.  Legislation passed in the US which universally legalized and recognized the right to abortion was passed in the late 70's.  Parents who felt they were not in a position to properly raise a child had the option to NOT raise that child or bring it to fruition and dump it on the foster care system.  Therefore, these children (who have been reaching the prime age for crime in the span of this crime drop) do not exist, so they aren't there to commit the crimes.  Previously, parents (mothers) were forced to accept these children which have always been more prone to resort to crime.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6557|Πάϊ

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

starkingdoms wrote:

STFU ALREADY

How old are you??  I deleted one thread and started this one to get a response, in a reaction to the past thread (that I deleted) which wasn't a poll.  Grow up.
btw you shouldn't have deleted that thread. I didn't get a chance to answer back
ƒ³
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6682|Seattle, WA

oug wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

starkingdoms wrote:

STFU ALREADY

btw you shouldn't have deleted that thread. I didn't get a chance to answer back
LOL, it got too out of hand, people were not looking at the facts, and in cases making stuff up, if people can't competently talk with me, than there is no point annoying everyone else with wasted space.  Sorry!   Next time people should calm down.
ChrisRedfield[RE]
+3|6476|Seattle, WA
Simple. Situations arise where people who own firearms use them to protect themselves and others from criminal or dangerous situations, as such, is deterring criminals from acting, or they are being held by said firearm owner until authorities arrive, at which time criminal/attempted criminal is arrested for whatever crime they have committed or were about to commit.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6565|Portland, OR USA
Out of curiosity, did no one find my post valid, or was it just taken to be a joke? (which it certainly was not)

Last edited by PuckMercury (2006-09-12 09:39:03)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6561|Little blue planet, milky way

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Ok fellas, we made a lot of process on the Concealed Weapons thread, so answer this one and only question, no offshoots on religion, or politics, or namecalling (I've had just about enough of that).  Just read the question and respond.

The FBI has reported that in the previous years, 1991-2004, that Rape is down 24%, Aggravated assault is down 33%, Murder is down 44%, and Robbery is down 50%.

Also the FBI has previously reported that Violent crime has been way down from 1991-2004.  Gun ownership and the number of firearms in the U.S. is now at an ALL TIME HIGH.

My one and only question for those of you who say guns create crime or such other subject:

How can crime be this far down and still going down when firearm ownership and the amount of firearms are on the rise???

If you don't answer this question, I WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOU.  (Smart ass remarks will only make you look stupid)
Wild guess here (havn't read the entire thread, so someone else might have posted it):

Have you NOTICED the new laws imposed on habitual offenders since 1990 ? I mean FFS, a guy can go to jail for the rest of his life under the three strikes rule.... You may say that rape and murder and what have you is at an all time low.. but the number of inmates in prison is at an all time high (not to mention the increase in death sentenses, but that's just a "sideeffect").... Dont you think that JUST MAYBE these two things are related ?
So IMO, no need for a gun, if the solution is to simply remove the "threat" that you want to use the gun against... Unless ofcourse that "threat" is a cardboard target at 50 yards !
ChrisRedfield[RE]
+3|6476|Seattle, WA

IRONCHEF wrote:

because they are amazing devices and learning to use them optimally would be a great hobby.
THANK YOU. Yes, I will admit and won't even bother trying to deny or say otherwise that guns were made and designed to kill. But that does NOT mean that it is their ONLY RESTRICTED USE. I myself, as well as Wesker (he is my friend IRL) both have firearms, and one of our hobbies is maintaining them, using them for target-shooting at the range, as well as me studying and learning about them (Wesker knows more about them than I do by probably a decade) and it is fun to do. It is one of my hobbies, something to do to pass the time on the weekend, or a weeknight, when the gun needs cleaning, or I'm just bored and wish to dissasemble it and reassemble it just to see if I can do it properly without leaving anything out.

Just because I own firearms, does NOT mean that I am going to use them to kill, as they were designed and originally made for. Look at many people, target-shooters, shooting tournements, they exist, and there are a lot of people that do it. Using, owning, and maintaining firearms (for target shooting, or collecting old or antiques from previous wars) is a hobby that many and many people across the country practice, and not just restricted to the United States, I do not believe. At least for the collecting part, anyways.
ChrisRedfield[RE]
+3|6476|Seattle, WA

Twist wrote:

So IMO, no need for a gun, if the solution is to simply remove the "threat" that you want to use the gun against... Unless ofcourse that "threat" is a cardboard target at 50 yards !
Or, you know...if you want to protect yourself from a..oh, I don't know...a first-time offender? And it doesn't neccesarily have to be a gun you use to protect yourself, I'm just saying that it couldn't help but deter at least a first-time offender from making a habit of it, or even becoming a first-time offender.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard