Roomaster
+15|6667
(sorry if this has already been posted)

i was wondering what will happen to the BF2 population whne 2142 comes out?
will it drop massively or not much at all?
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6689|England and damn proud
At first maybe not but i think eventually it will die. There will always be a few people playing it but...i maybe wrong
pak52b
+0|6712|Bamberg - Germany
i'll be playing both i think.... bf 2412 won't replace the bf:2 feeling...
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6574
It will obviously decrease but i doubt that it reaches the amount DICE/EA would like to see.

BF2142 isn't going to be as good and succesful as BF2 was and is.

Competitive BF2 gaming will barely shrink due to the BF2 release.
n0sX
+71|6461
Well after Playing 2142 for a while i got bored very quick, i dont know what the full version will be like but i think im sticking with bf2 and maybe play a little 2142. BF2 is a great game so it should last a long time.
Souljah
+42|6674
everyone will be playing POE
P581
Monkey
+44|6475
I think that it will probably go the way of BF 1942, people still play it, but there is no unlock system, so maybe more people will stick around just to get some medals they didn't earn before.

I predict more "non-ranked" servers though, and not so many point farming servers. Unless it goes BF: V way, which I don't see happening.

No matter what you have heard BF2142 isn't just BF2 with a new shell. It's a different game in many ways, it will attract different people, and have different sorts of players. I think the people who like the realism and the imbalances of bf2 will stick around for a while at least.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
Hopefully it'll be around for a while, I'll be playing both for a long time
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6446|A drop house
It all depends on how good BF2142 is. Which raises the question how long will BF2 last in the long run 2 more years 3? Who knows.....

Last edited by N.A.T.O (2006-09-10 08:31:30)

GrinchWSLG
+2|6760
After playing a few rounds in 2142 I have to say its really a whole different game then BF2. I think its safe to say I'll play both, if I end up getting 2142 at all.
Roomaster
+15|6667
i think EA need to target a difference audience than BF2 cos lots of  BF2 players have got so upset with Ea/Dice they wont buy it.
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6449|Austria - Graz
BF² is a fantastic game, so I hope that many players will stick to it! I don´t think that EA will sell BF² for a low budget price in the near future, so there wont be many new players who will buy it for the price.

I hope bf2142 will be a total disaster! I love BF² and I hate the way EA treats it, after they earned enough money with it!

So I think, after some time, EA will do something complete dumb, like reseting every BF²player to zero, that most players will play 2142.

I hope BF² will survive!
McCullough
+7|6844
There's still people playing good old 1942 so i dont think BF2 will die
Zefar
+116|6655|Sweden
I don't belive BF2 will die when BF2142 comes out because it looks like half of this forum hates it already and never willing to touch it so I think Bf2 will survive just fine.
Deadman
+34|6449|England
Bf2 will be around for a long time, well a couple more years anyway. When EA/Gamespy eventually stop supporting the stats, everyone will revert back to the original version, that will get everyone playing again i guarantee!

I played the BF2142 beta and was truly gutted at how bad it played. I was all set on pre-purchasing it, but now I'm not buying it.
Stylux
+4|6460
Dunno, think BF2142 doesnt get a lot of players, cuz the beta made a lot of ppl change there mindes
RaVeN.sco
+15|6540|Scotland
deadmen speak the truth

2142 FTL

bf2 FTW
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6601|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
BF2 will turn into a hack fest cuz everyone will be focousing their attention on BF2142
Disodium
+13|6520|Sydney
BF 1942 is to BF Vietnam is to BF2 is to 2142...
They are all diferent games with there own unique features...

People still play 1942 & vietnam..
I dont think it will die quick but you never know...
redlinethis
+0|6446
true
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6609|Philadelphia, PA
Trust me, I've played the beta, 2142 isn't going to be nearly as popular as BF2.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6767
BF2 is a better game, from my Beta impressions. However, 2142 is still very good, and its new. Yes, some games may be the best in the world, but you can only play a game for so long before it gets boring. I've played BF2/SF for 250 hours and I've had about enough. I only play Jalalabad and POE now, as they're new.

POE 2 is sort of like SF is to BF2, a very similar game with differences. Like SF, its about equal to BF2 in funness.

A number of things bring down 2142. Automatic weapons such as the enforcer and accipiter drone. Drop pods which render battlefields rather pointless as people just hop everywhere. Overbalancing as well, there used to be a difference between playing factions, now they are almost carbon copies of each other.  Hopefully Conquest will be better.
Garrett
MR-444 Whore
+1|6435
Nothing.
arnonuehm
+0|6452

Garrett wrote:

Nothing.
true.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard