||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6793
Man oh man...i surpassed the 15 hour req. and then played about 5 rounds after that...i got 20 kills or more in every round except one, and could have received multiple vet badges in a couple of them...i really don't like the engineer class as it basically forces me into vehicles (engi's are worthless as ground pounders in this game, IMO) and I just want to get my vet and move on...why is it when you are doing something just to fullfill a req. it never seems to work out in this game...bugs suck and I think this patch has a memory leak because i'm finding i have to restart much more frequently than before the patch, because after a while everything just starts running like shit...anyways, that's my complaint for today...

Last edited by ||BFA||xZeler8 (2005-12-02 08:22:11)

JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6782|Canada, Ont
...Try Playing on a Ranked Server... lol. Or Wait A Day...Or... Use Search And Relize Nobody Cares About Your Damn Badges And that There has been 100 Similar Posts About This Problem And noBody can Give An Answer and Later on The Persons like "Nevermind I Got It"...so Seriously...If You Can Get 20 Kills 4-5 Times...Do It Again Tomorrow.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6734|Oregon
fyi: i think i heard somewhere that it might be 22 kills, but not positive....

not that i doubt bf2s...
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6793

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

...Try Playing on a Ranked Server... lol. Or Wait A Day...Or... Use Search And Relize Nobody Cares About Your Damn Badges And that There has been 100 Similar Posts About This Problem And noBody can Give An Answer and Later on The Persons like "Nevermind I Got It"...so Seriously...If You Can Get 20 Kills 4-5 Times...Do It Again Tomorrow.
i only play on ranked servers...i am obviously waiting a day as this was last night and i won't be able to attempt again until tonight...i know that people have been having problems with this, that is why i posted in the complaints section, not the help section, pay attention...i can do it again, but like i stated in my original post, i don't like it, hence the complaint...i posted it to vent a little, not so you could come on here and tell me everything that i already know, how about you go pester someone that might be impressed with your "knowledge"
dan500
+57|6859
It seems since 1.12 the ranking system has f*cked up, just keep trying
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6782|Canada, Ont
Im not trying to be mean but...its just that everyones aware of this Issue, and I don't think anyone cares that you have this problem.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6783|Atlanta, GA USA
sometimes you have to exit the server (or maybe the game) after you get the global requirements before it will register.  Ex: you get the 15 hours, exit the game, come back in, get 20 kills as Engy IAR.  I had that problem with one of my badges (can't remember which now).
BTW, according to your stats, you only have 11 hours as Engy.
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6793

atlvolunteer wrote:

sometimes you have to exit the server (or maybe the game) after you get the global requirements before it will register.  Ex: you get the 15 hours, exit the game, come back in, get 20 kills as Engy IAR.  I had that problem with one of my badges (can't remember which now).
BTW, according to your stats, you only have 11 hours as Engy.
yeah, i tried that...actually needed to reboot the computer and did it when i had 15h03m...unfortunately it didn't help...we'll see what happens tonight...

as far as the hours, my stats haven't updated on here since the 27th...i'm actually at 17h33m now...

Last edited by ||BFA||xZeler8 (2005-12-02 12:56:27)

YitEarp
+1|6737
i somewhat disagree that engies arent decent ground pounders.  the usmc pump shotty especially is ruthless at medium to close range.  long range sure they blow, but on city maps that pump is a lot of fun to splatter brains with.
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6793

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Im not trying to be mean but...its just that everyones aware of this Issue, and I don't think anyone cares that you have this problem.
the description of this forum is "Need to bitch and moan? We feel ya."...i didn't ask if anyone cared, wasn't looking for a solution, nor do i expect anyone to feel sorry for me...i'm using the forum how it's meant to be used, to bitch and moan...and i failed to reply to your other post about people caring about my badges, why would they? i mean you brought it up so maybe you do? whatever, i care about my own badges, it gives me a goal to go along with the fps game, something i enjoy...so i guess to sum things up, i didn't get my vet engi even though i should have, it upset me, i posted, you unnecessarily posted twice, and i'll see if i can get it tonight...that's about it...
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6793

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

fyi: i think i heard somewhere that it might be 22 kills, but not positive....

not that i doubt bf2s...
yeah, i had one round with 47 kills, one with 41, and one with 34 but no love...oh well 
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6750|The Hague, Netherlands

Its 20 kills, i got when the guy i killed wasn't even on the ground, but if it doesn't work try again ! (who cares when, before you die i would say)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
CackNBallz
+45|6755|Toronto, Canada

YitEarp wrote:

i somewhat disagree that engies arent decent ground pounders.  the usmc pump shotty especially is ruthless at medium to close range.  long range sure they blow, but on city maps that pump is a lot of fun to splatter brains with.
I concur.  Engineers are awesome ground pounders with their pump-action shotgun.  For long range use the pistol, I have counter-sniped snipers with it.  Sometimes I find it shoots faster than a machinegun if you are pressing the mouse button fast enough.

Trying to attain the pistol badge has made me appreciate the pistol more.  Using the pump shotty has also made me aware of taking my time to line up a good shot so I don't miss the first one.
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6793
i'm not saying that they suck as ground pounders, but they are the worst class IMO...they are great for vehicles, but for ground combat give me a machine gun and let me go...i like having the ability to shoot both near and far, the shotgun is no contest the best close quarters gun, but i try not to let my enemy get inside my bubble 
Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada
I have gotten it. The trick is to be commander since you have to repair anyways (Arty counts toward kills). I can be quite effective in engineer without commander also. Use Armor .. repair others. Own some close range with shotgun. Stay behind .. lay some clever mines. But i'll say this.. Vet repair badge is pretty hard. I know 10 isn't impossible, but ive been on 24 player (64 size) servers and the closest I have been is 7.
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6793
i've already knocked it out...just took a few rounds    and yes, it's definately not easy
LTD_SpikE
+0|6777
For your vet repair badge, the best map I found to get it was Daqing OilFields.  The China side has 4 art right next to the entrance to the uncappable base, and if you join a server that has a spec op that likes blowing up enemy assets, you can get 8 - 12 repair points in no time.  The most I have gotten in 1 round on that map is 17.

SpikE
RDMC_old
+0|6748|Almere, Holland

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

Man oh man...i surpassed the 15 hour req. and then played about 5 rounds after that...i got 20 kills or more in every round except one, and could have received multiple vet badges in a couple of them...i really don't like the engineer class as it basically forces me into vehicles (engi's are worthless as ground pounders in this game, IMO) and I just want to get my vet and move on...why is it when you are doing something just to fullfill a req. it never seems to work out in this game...bugs suck and I think this patch has a memory leak because i'm finding i have to restart much more frequently than before the patch, because after a while everything just starts running like shit...anyways, that's my complaint for today...
i love engineer class as a ground pounder.. i use the standard american shotgun and i will blow everyone to hell .. and its a great gun against bunny hoppers
Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada

LTD_SpikE wrote:

For your vet repair badge, the best map I found to get it was Daqing OilFields.  The China side has 4 art right next to the entrance to the uncappable base, and if you join a server that has a spec op that likes blowing up enemy assets, you can get 8 - 12 repair points in no time.  The most I have gotten in 1 round on that map is 17.

SpikE
Thanks for the tip, but Murphy's Law always prevails. There is never any spec ops doing their job when I'm trying for repair badge

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard