allfive6
+18|6718|Victoria BC or Karkand
No snipers when money is on the line. On the weekend I went to a BF2 tournament in town. I did not find out about the thing in time to get a team together but I thought it would be nice to watch. So there’s about 12 teams of 6 and top prize 500$ not much
Split 6 ways but whatever. So I am there watching and I noticed there are some pretty good players I have seen some of them online before but I also noticed no one is playing sniper so I move around looking at the players screen and sure enough no one is playing sniper even on Karkand. So I thought how odd then I heard someone say something to one of this team mates “why are you a sniper” I look at his screen and sure enough he was a sniper and he said sorry clicked the wrong kit. I just find it so funny that when money is on the line no one plays sniper yet all other kits are there. Could it be because even players who use the sniper kit know it is useless? I think it is time EA and Dice removed this useless kit once and for all.
greenhaven
+47|6479
I think it is time that EA/Dice remove useless players once and for all. First off, if you're playing Karkand, you're playing Medic. The only reason people play sniper on Kark is when they want the claymores.
Chillin&killin
+27|6689|Manchester,England
thats because points and kills genreated by lets say medic seeing as that what the'll play means beeter chance to win
greenhaven
+47|6479
No. First off, good snipers can inflict heavy ticket loss on the other team, while only losing a couple for theirs. Secondly, snipers actually defend. The enemy team can't cap that flag if they can't go within 25 feet without dying. Even if the lone sniper can't hold them off, they'll lose tickets, and it will buy time for someone else to defend the flag. Also, when your team's vehicles are on the move, it helps to have someone to shoot all the TOW/Stinger/AT gunners. Snipers can do all this with less deaths than a traditional infantryman.
un3asy
+0|6796
Thanks greenhaven. Totally agree.
dknessfalls
+9|6458|Corona, California
i thought so at first that snipers were useless until i actually started using the kit, and ive noticed that i have a better chance of killing someone rather than using a rifle, for one thing, sniper have pinpoint accuracy while rifles spread bullets everywhere, and the claymore can work to ur advantage, especially if you want to hide in an area where someone can sneak up behind u, just barricade urself in and ur set to snipe away....although most snipers dont do head-on combat, its not impossible, it all depends on the player and how quick their reflexes are, along with the reaction of their pc

SO DONT SAY SNIPERS ARE USELESS UNLESS YOU'VE TRIED TO MASTER THE KIT
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

greenhaven wrote:

I think it is time that EA/Dice remove useless players once and for all. First off, if you're playing Karkand, you're playing Medic. The only reason people play sniper on Kark is when they want the claymores.
I don't agree ... every firefight is not a toe-2-toe battle. For example ... the factory mec flag on a 64 in Karkand ... whether you are trying to take it or defend it, this is a very use fule role for a sniper in a squad.
Jedikiah
+6|6455
If you Want to truly change the way a Sniper works, have Dice adjust the damage to the sniper rifles. I was in the army for 10 years and have personally shot the M95.  If someone were to be struck in the chest with this weapon.. dont call a medic, call a priest.  too many times have I seen people get shot with this weapon and they walk away... it should be similiar damage that a grenade produces to make it accurate. if you get hit with it.. you die.. none of this must be a headshot crap.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6551|Search Whore killing fields
I play sniper on karkand for knife and clays. Lay a clay, run in with knife

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-09-11 14:19:52)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6705|Devon, England

allfive6 wrote:

bla bla bla etc...

I think it is time EA and Dice removed this useless kit once and for all.
i was going to agree with you until you said that.

no.
Ben>You
+90|6540

greenhaven wrote:

No. First off, good snipers can inflict heavy ticket loss on the other team, while only losing a couple for theirs. Secondly, snipers actually defend. The enemy team can't cap that flag if they can't go within 25 feet without dying. Even if the lone sniper can't hold them off, they'll lose tickets, and it will buy time for someone else to defend the flag. Also, when your team's vehicles are on the move, it helps to have someone to shoot all the TOW/Stinger/AT gunners. Snipers can do all this with less deaths than a traditional infantryman.
1) Only if the other team happens to be in a pub.
2) Snipers can't defend shit when gaymores are FF On and the opposing & attacking force hasn't pubbed their entire BF2 career. If and when you (the lone sniper) can't hold off the attack, you lose the flag, and one ticket.
3) Any experienced vehicle gunner/driver knows how to effectively take out and avoid stationary guns, and REAL infantry is what is used to take out the ATers.
4) I will crush your sniper ratios with any "traditional infantryman" kit.
dont_be_ss
+312|6608|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

allfive6 wrote:

No snipers when money is on the line. On the weekend I went to a BF2 tournament in town. I did not find out about the thing in time to get a team together but I thought it would be nice to watch. So there’s about 12 teams of 6 and top prize 500$ not much
Split 6 ways but whatever. So I am there watching and I noticed there are some pretty good players I have seen some of them online before but I also noticed no one is playing sniper so I move around looking at the players screen and sure enough no one is playing sniper even on Karkand. So I thought how odd then I heard someone say something to one of this team mates “why are you a sniper” I look at his screen and sure enough he was a sniper and he said sorry clicked the wrong kit. I just find it so funny that when money is on the line no one plays sniper yet all other kits are there. Could it be because even players who use the sniper kit know it is useless? I think it is time EA and Dice removed this useless kit once and for all.
i like your k/d with the sniper rifle. Maybe you get killed a lot by snipers?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6705|Devon, England

dont_be_ss wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

dont go straight for the stats, question his sexual preferance in an inuslting manner, then insult him through stats.

duh.

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-09-11 14:29:12)

Ben>You
+90|6540

dont_be_ss wrote:

Raped.

Also Five, if you go sniper in a 5v5 match, you lose. Period. Snipers are not meant to be running around capping flags and fighting constantly against automatic weapons. (Although some can pull it off, most can't).
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6686|A sunburnt country
Wow! $500 split 6 ways............................no wonder there weren't any snipers.

You have more claymore kills than sniper rifle kills.................We should just get rid of useless players that aren't good enough to be snipers.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6555|Winterpeg, Canada
Being a successful and effecient sniper requires skill, something the whiners don't have.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6507|N. Ireland

Jbrar wrote:

Being a successful and effecient sniper requires skill, something the whiners don't have.
dont_be_ss

leetkyle wrote:

Jbrar wrote:

chuuby
+19|6631
lets just remove all the kits. then everyone would be happy.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6594|England

chuuby wrote:

agreed if not lets nerf everything then stand in middle of karkand cover ourselfs in butter and rub ourselfs until creamy .
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6633|Manitowoc, WI

Jedikiah wrote:

If you Want to truly change the way a Sniper works, have Dice adjust the damage to the sniper rifles. I was in the army for 10 years and have personally shot the M95.  If someone were to be struck in the chest with this weapon.. dont call a medic, call a priest.  too many times have I seen people get shot with this weapon and they walk away... it should be similiar damage that a grenade produces to make it accurate. if you get hit with it.. you die.. none of this must be a headshot crap.
There should absolutly never be a one shot kill weapon in BF2.  It would be the worst thing implemented.  You would have 70% of the comunity running around with the M95 because they know if they can get the first shot in, they get a kill.  People would be running around only being sniper.  If you've ever played CS or perhaps Halo, then you know how bad a one hit kill weapon would imbalence the game.  There are plenty of things to ask to be added or changed, but a 1-hit-kill weapon is not one of them.
dont_be_ss

BolvisOculus wrote:

Jedikiah wrote:

There should absolutly never be a one shot kill weapon in BF2.  It would be the worst thing implemented.  You would have 70% of the comunity running around with the M95 because they know if they can get the first shot in, they get a kill.  People would be running around only being sniper.  If you've ever played CS or perhaps Halo, then you know how bad a one hit kill weapon would imbalence the game.  There are plenty of things to ask to be added or changed, but a 1-hit-kill weapon is not one of them.
but it works good in poe2
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6633|Manitowoc, WI

dont_be_ss wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

Jedikiah wrote:

but it works good in poe2
But in POE2,  one person can have the sniper rifle, if this was the case (and everyone wasn't scrambling to get it, I'll go back to the Halo reference here) it would be fine, but the fact that anyone over 500 points can have a one shot kill sniper, well, everyone above 500 points WOULD have it.  See the difference?
sgt.napalmcb
C4 CRAZY!
+73|6662|United Kingdom
Snipers are very usefull, say that you are with your squad and you notice gun shots coming your way from a distance... well then the sniper can take out the people shooting before they get close enough to be able to actually shoot you.

Also i have played many rounds where i have greatly helped out the team while being sniper, and also i have been with many other people who have done the same.

So overall, Sniper is deffinately not a useless kit.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6492|San Diego, CA

Knight`UK wrote:

chuuby wrote:

agreed if not lets nerf everything then stand in middle of karkand cover ourselfs in butter and rub ourselfs until creamy .
Ive got a better idea, why dont we just remove every weapon! That way we can try to kill each other with medic bags, ammo bags, smoke grenades, flashbangs, and wrenches.

Last edited by GhostStalker0 (2006-09-11 15:25:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard