unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

lt.pritchard wrote:

Sone wrote:

Does anyone see anything wrong about this?  He has a gun in each hand jumping around in the middle of a park with kids and slides all in the background...

Thats horrible.. lol
Nice shoes though not a mark on them you can tell he isnt in any flag football leagues.
I can say Photoshop. Can you?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Penetrator_01 wrote:

We in UK have some all u can eat, but we tend too do it in moderation. Its not about how much you can eat til your sick, it gives you the flexibility to choose your portion size dependant on appetite. Rarley see fatties in my local ones, but if it is all you can eat, the food is generally healthier, and more vegetable based.
Brits eating in moderation..lol
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060825/wl … lthobesity
Xbone Stormsurgezz
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
Lot of Fastfood, little excersie = FAT Americans
lt.pritchard
+4|6637|Napoleon, Ohio

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

Sone wrote:

Does anyone see anything wrong about this?  He has a gun in each hand jumping around in the middle of a park with kids and slides all in the background...

Thats horrible.. lol
Nice shoes though not a mark on them you can tell he isnt in any flag football leagues.
Yes, and I can say Fireworks MX....
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6597|S.C.
They are lazy, eat too much and do not have a balanced diet.
So lazy that they have butchered the English language by not bothering to speak properly.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Britain is facing an obesity crisis, with fresh government data warning that a nearly one in three adults in England will be dangerously overweight by 2010.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

lt.pritchard wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

I can say that Fireworks MX seems to start at inopportune moments when I am browsing archived images.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

I can't see how anyone can say Fireworks after CS2 .

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-09-11 09:12:53)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6631|Germany
Thats strange.
I know someone who was 1 year in america and he said that they aren!t that fat because everybody is doing a sport there, like swimming, baseball and that they train 20 hours in a week.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6735|Salt Lake City

Cubefreak666 wrote:

Thats strange.
I know someone who was 1 year in america and he said that they aren!t that fat because everybody is doing a sport there, like swimming, baseball and that they train 20 hours in a week.
Sure you have areas that may be that way, but as a whole that isn't true.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

I know it's true but I don't see many here. I don't think fat people go out of the house..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
fat people disgust me, and yes I speak from experience. My personal "fat story" goes like this. The recommended weight for my height was about 185-195 pounds, depending on what chart was used and muscle mass and such, well, I was 6 feet tall and only in the 165-175 pound range, so I decided to join a gym and change my diet to try to gain weight. Shortly thereafter I took a better paying position at my company that included my driving alot (sometimes 11 hours to my first customer of the week), living on the road 4-6 days a week. This limited my dietary choices and my ability to use the gym regularly (some of the hotel gym equipment was so poor that it was probably more dangerous to use it than not, ruts worn underneath the treadmill belts twisting my ankles and all). Unfortunatel I had managed to change my metabolism just before this happened, and the weight gain process had started. In about 18 months I was closer to 220 pounds (I suppose I hid it well on my frame, people's jaw's always dropped when I told them, they never seemed to believe it), and was highly stressed and slightly depressed. Well just a little bit of will power later I had managed to drop 12 pounds in about a month simply by avoiding fast food on the road, despite the fact that I also quit smoking (which usually results in a weight gain). A little more will power I spent every week off the road in the gym at least once every 2 days for 1-2 hours at a time (alternating weight and aerobic training) and dropped the rest of the 30 or so pounds over the next 6 months (slow is always the best way to lose weight, that way if something happens and you can't keep your routine up you don't immediately gain the weight back). It's called will power, it's called caring (like a good bear), it's called giving a shit. Now I've gone about a year without being able to hit the gym on a regular basis due to family and job related dramas, but because I still don't shove crap into my gaping maw every time I sit down and the reason that I'm not at the gym is that I'm so damn busy doing other things I've only gained about 8 pounds. I'm not worried about it, though, because by the end of this month I should be back into my regular gym schedule again and am still in pretty good shape aerobically (my job keeps me pretty active that way). But the point is I decided to take control, besides
A) the chicks at the gym are pretty hot
B) when you're in shape the sex is better and lasts longer

really, what more reason do you need?

when I see a fat person (granted some can't help it, but 99.999999999% can) I see someone that doesn't respect theirself (which makes me wonder why I should respect them) and I see someone literally eating up my tax money to finance their fat ass's trip to the doctor when they can't feel their left arm after a trip to the 99 cent menu

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-09-11 11:52:33)

jonsimon
+224|6494
Haven't read the thread, but I know why Americans are fat.

Corporate oligopolies producing unhealthy foodstuffs makes people fat. Keep in mind that all breads that are not whole wheat are unhealthy. As well as all foods with partially-hydrogenated oils. And all foods with any form of added sugar. Also, the more processed any food is from the farm to your table, the less healthy it is.

I just eliminated over half the grocery store.

Edit: Oh, and some of us eat too much or don't get exercise.

Last edited by jonsimon (2006-09-11 12:25:03)

jonsimon
+224|6494

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I can say that Fireworks MX seems to start at inopportune moments when I am browsing archived images.
Macromedia go bye-bye.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
that and some of the culture, due to the conditions during the formative years of the nation, many traditions from thanksgiving to the weekly sunday family dinner revolve around eating, as well as the dietary traditions being born of pioneering, logging, farming, and other calorie intensive conditions (the growth of the US directly coinciding with the industrial revolution), the average daily intake for an adult is supposed to be around 2000 calories today, but the diets of many southern farmers and lumberjacks and such were closer to 5000 calories because of the physical demands of their daily life. The lifestyle is no longer anywhere near as physical but the cooking traditions haven't changed much, most foods were fried because that was often the easiest way to feed a large work camp or plantation, and conditions also led to more inventive means of flavoring foods so as not to waste any that was available, such as "cracklin corn bread" which is corn bread flavored with pieces of fried pork skins, or black eyed peas flavored with chunks of ham fat, I can walk a few blocks and order the same exact thing prepared in the same exact black iron skillets that some of these families were using 150 years ago.

that and as jonsimon referenced, food is an industry, as is snack foods, it's simply some people's jobs to find ways to get you to eat more, when was the last time you saw a fast food joint that didn't have some kind of "supersize" option
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6547|USA bitches!
Ameica, Fuck Yeah!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
It sucks with all these fat people. When you're not fat, it's so freakin hard to find pants.
jpost8391
+7|6580|chantilly, va
well being 15 and 5'10" and 135lbs (30 inch waist) i can say that obviously im not fat if anything i think i could gain 10-15 pounds and feel a little better than i do but ill be honest i eat all the crap i want but i havent gained any weight at all i mean i might play football 1-3 times a week and in the winter i just kinda stay inside and do nothing all winter and then next spring i usually play baseball and other sports but i havent done that in years but i think america is fat because people (like me) are skinny up until they're like 25-30 and their metabolism slows down but they dont start exercising or eating better

oh and to the person who said they cant find pants then your obviously not looking in the right place and get bigger pants and wear a belt.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Having been a bit overweight as a smaller child myself, I know why. The new technologies have made people EXTREMELY lazy. Even the smallest things, like remotes. In the 60's/50's, people had to GET UP AND MOVE to change the channel. Also, the corporate logos and mascots like Ronald McDonald REALLY appeal to children. I wish McDonalds would just go out of business. Atleast wendy's offers some moderately healthy choices.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6615|UCF
First and foremost, don't confuse body mass to fat, I'm 5'11 and was 210, but that was mostly muscle. After the golden years of (American)football, my weight dropped from 210 to 160(within 4 months) but this is because muscle is twice the mass of fat. Right now I'm 170ibs(mostly from fat)

The body fat of older generations have increased because they can no longer maintain their bodies, so the muscle detrains(which only takes 1 week to start) and turns to unsightly fat. People with keg stomachs used to have 4 and 6 packs, but the amount of effort needed becomes harder as age and stress builds up. Haven't you ever wondered why every retired (American)football player is fat?

The problem lies in the root of our society: Money. Everyone is trying to get enough money to build some kind of legacy(I plan to leave the name "Vpyroman" as mine). And the only way to get money is from a job, and that takes time. So preparing a meal (which can take upwards of 2 hours) is out of the question. For example, rice is very healthy for you, but it takes anywhere from 20-60 minutes to cook it.

The replacement is frozen dinners, take-out, fast food, ice cream, is essence, anything that is finger food.

This results in an infinite loop:
We use all our time to work
We work for money
We spend our money on food so we can work as much as possible.

This also produces another infinite loop:
We do stomach crunches to shrink our gut, the muscle constricts the stomach so we can't eat as much.
The HFCS limits our "full response" so we eat normally until we get sick.
We stop working out until we feel better(because the muscles have turned back to fat).
We then continue to work out again.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6625|Los Angeles, California, US.

Kmarion wrote:

Penetrator_01 wrote:

We in UK have some all u can eat, but we tend too do it in moderation. Its not about how much you can eat til your sick, it gives you the flexibility to choose your portion size dependant on appetite. Rarley see fatties in my local ones, but if it is all you can eat, the food is generally healthier, and more vegetable based.
Brits eating in moderation..lol
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060825/wl … lthobesity
Aahh, Thats The Story I Think.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
SoC./Omega
+122|6539|Omaha, Nebraska!
not all americans are fat
Phantom2828
+51|6526|Land of the free

cpt.fass1 wrote:

That's one of the problems I'm talking about I use to snowboard and when I started 5 years ago it was like 20 for an all day pass. Now the prices are like 50 for an all day, all the healthy stuff in this country is expensive where it's cheaper to be fat.

Burger=1 dollar
Salad(even though from same ff resturant and still not healthy)= 5 dollars
QFT
The#1Spot
+105|6538|byah

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

It goes well past the eating, were talking obese, people who must not do anything. My girl who is skinny too( cause I don't like looking like the number 1 0 walking down the street) has a fat friend I mean fat, she's 6' as well and has got to be at least 240lbs. Now it's got to take some serious devotion to get to that size, are there any fat people out there who can help?
I'm not saying that there aren't people who got very obese by their own choices.  My point was that American's in general are getting heavy for the reasons I listed.

There are also those with gentic/medical issues that cause this.  At 5'11" and 190 Lbs I could stand to drop about 10 pounds to be within my ideal range, but I didn't start gaining weight until about I hit about 33.  Before that I weighed in between 130-140 Lbs and had been that way since high school.  My sister on the other has always been a bit heavy, even though she was very athletic, played soccer and soft ball.  Her problem is medical and is caused by a thyroid problem.
dang dude i weigh 195 and im 6'5''
alpinestar
+304|6595|New York City baby.
Did you know that obesity is considered a disease in USA ?
well now you know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard