oChaos.Haze
+90|6454
Nice heads up.  Regardless of other tute's and advice things, it's always nice when pilots know how to line up.  As for gunning?  The real secret is GET MORE RAM.  2 gigs, staple for perfect lag free tv shots.
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

elmo1337 wrote:

uh no? unless u noticed the wings on the chopper moving, where the tv's hang on
Remember, that is at a hover or centered.
This makes no sense...seriously...the gunner view is the same whether you're going up, down, turning, hovering, barrel-rolling, or whatever the fuck have you.
No, it is not the same. It is hard to describe with words, but all you good chopper pilots should know what I'm talking about.

I'll try my best to explain it, but yeah..

Ok, if you are moving fowards, the chopper is tipped down slightly. The faster you move forward, the more the nose is at a downward slant. While you may have them lined up for a perfect shot, the missle will still go under them, or fall short (if its a ground target). You have to make up for being angled down by aiming above your target a little more.

Trust me, I have seen it happen a lot when I forget this. I think I have it lined up perfectly, but my gunner can't ht the target like this because they have to drastically change the flight path, coupled with the target moving...it's difficult. I've had it happen to me as a gunner aswell. It looks perfect, but, it's not.

I fly a lot as a pilot, so just trust me.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6785|Human Meat Shield
To me all I do is ride in the chopper when Im a gunner, because I know the pilots gonna be shooting rockets and flying in circles so fast that its absurd to even try to gun. And its funny when they yell when we either 1)crash 2) get blown up and they blame it on the gunner. Have any of you pilots really know how to stable or not shoot rockets or let the gunner do his job...its even worse in 2142.

Basically the gunner is a extra seat so you can bail out over a flag if they decide to go over one. Now I know why more and more people are solo fighting.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6683|United States

CrazeD wrote:

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Remember, that is at a hover or centered.
This makes no sense...seriously...the gunner view is the same whether you're going up, down, turning, hovering, barrel-rolling, or whatever the fuck have you.
No, it is not the same. It is hard to describe with words, but all you good chopper pilots should know what I'm talking about.

Ok, if you are moving fowards, the chopper is tipped down slightly. The faster you move forward, the more the nose is at a downward slant. While you may have them lined up for a perfect shot, the missle will still go under them, or fall short (if its a ground target). You have to make up for being angled down by aiming above your target a little more.

Trust me, I have seen it happen a lot when I forget this. I think I have it lined up perfectly, but my gunner can't ht the target like this because they have to drastically change the flight path, coupled with the target moving...it's difficult. I've had it happen to me as a gunner aswell. It looks perfect, but, it's not.

Yeah, it's called LEADING your target while you're moving, but what you've been implying is that the gunner's view is somehow different when the chopper is moving, which is simply false.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6565|Southeastern USA

Zefar wrote:

More people need to learn how to let the TV missle guy have a good shot.
I keep getting guys that blast through at full throttle and jink constantly (I think they are using the chopper to look left and right for targets instead of the map or UAV), and yell at me for not firing or missing when by the time the TV box is on target they are changing course so much that it is beyond the missile's maneuvering arc in the next 2/10's of a second, missiles cannot come out of the pod and magically 180, generally for all the choppers a 60 degree field (approximately the same as the human field of vision, if I remember correctly) in front of the chopper is the target area for the missiles, if you have to turn your head drastically to see it, it's usually a miss. Small arms fire is not worth jinking over, just go back to the pad and repair.

imdead wrote:

To me all I do is ride in the chopper when Im a gunner, because I know the pilots gonna be shooting rockets and flying in circles so fast that its absurd to even try to gun. And its funny when they yell when we either 1)crash 2) get blown up and they blame it on the gunner. Have any of you pilots really know how to stable or not shoot rockets or let the gunner do his job...its even worse in 2142.

Basically the gunner is a extra seat so you can bail out over a flag if they decide to go over one. Now I know why more and more people are solo fighting.
what he said, you pilot fucks should read this over and over until you get it, cuz I get sick of taking the blame for your random ass flight patterns, note that the good pilots have a slow steady hand

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-09-11 10:54:30)

Zefar
+116|6665|Sweden

kr@cker wrote:

Zefar wrote:

More people need to learn how to let the TV missle guy have a good shot.
I keep getting guys that blast through at full throttle and jink constantly (I think they are using the chopper to look left and right for targets instead of the map or UAV), and yell at me for not firing or missing when by the time the TV box is on target they are changing course so much that it is beyond the missile's maneuvering arc in the next 2/10's of a second, missiles cannot come out of the pod and magically 180, generally for all the choppers a 60 degree field (approximately the same as the human field of vision, if I remember correctly) in front of the chopper is the target area for the missiles, if you have to turn your head drastically to see it, it's usually a miss. Small arms fire is not worth jinking over, just go back to the pad and repair.
Yea I get those to. None of them seems to be able to hower to. >.> And then to land the chopper they find the closest tree in the area and land in front of it at the speed of 100 mph. >.>
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6565|Southeastern USA
enemy tree spotted!!
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

Yeah, it's called LEADING your target while you're moving, but what you've been implying is that the gunner's view is somehow different when the chopper is moving, which is simply false.
I'm sorry, that's not what I was intending.

I was just trying to make it clear that you must aim ahead (fine, lead) the target if you're a pilot, so that your gunner can have an accurate shot. That's all I was trying to imply.
Go-Devil
Does a wild bear crap in the woods, son ????
+3|6466
for the many games i've played, i've only formed a good chopper-team O N C E !!!!

realy disturbing how few people know how to use Tv missile or how to fly defensive and giving your gunner good chances.....

realy, if u fly shit, stay outta da chopper .....
if u dont know anything about tv missiles, stay out too.....
Cheddarmuff
+21|6668
Regardless of "who's help/hints are beter", thanks for posting, it can't be said too much...I can't stand a pilot that doesn't allow me to use the TV's (i.e., nose too far down).  Good job, thanks for the effort.  +1
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6637|Gold coast, Aus.

kr@cker wrote:

enemy tree spotted!!
please! no! not the trees!!!
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6607|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
The TV missle spot for the HIND and Apache Longbow is the Gunner Head Position box.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6670|Westminster, Colorado

BabySpinach wrote:

The TV missle spot for the HIND and Apache Longbow is the Gunner Head Position box.
That's where I have been lining my gunners up.  I wasn't sure if it was directly on the box or just below it.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6607|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
It's directly on it.
Not
Great success!
+216|6593|Chandler, AZ
One tip for pilots that I haven't seen at all is that when it comes to chopper vs. chopper combat, ALWAYS try to set your gunner up for a shot at the chopper's side. Regardless of how good you are, and how good your gunner is, attacking from the side of another chopper gives you a much larger target, and any movement it makes from that position has a drastically smaller effect on your aim.

When you're face to face firing missiles, it's possible to hit, but especially at closer ranges a simple left or right movement from the enemy chopper can force a TV miss. A face to face fight requires a very precise hit, as opposed to firing at a chopper presenting its sides to you. It's not always possible, but if you're crafty you can get in close enough to get out of their visual, get above them, and set up the shot you want. On that note, if your gunner is any good, create distance. It's probably more important in a chopper vs. chopper battle than any other shot your gunner will take simply due to the target's mobility. Give him time to readjust his shot.
Zefar
+116|6665|Sweden
My best round with Chopper is this one.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2725/m … orefj9.jpg

Was before they improved those Anti Air towers, and I was like the only name that was being spotted in the score list during the round.

I was the gunner to. And they thought I was cheating >.> they really tried to kick me to but MEC CHOPPER FTFW!!
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Zefar wrote:

My best round with Chopper is this one.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2725/m … orefj9.jpg

Was before they improved those Anti Air towers, and I was like the only name that was being spotted in the score list during the round.

I was the gunner to. And they thought I was cheating >.> they really tried to kick me to but MEC CHOPPER FTFW!!
Yeah, I hear it takes a lot of skill to shoot helpless infantry ontop of a building.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard