sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6773|Argentina

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Lucky they weren't shot for stealing wood so they could fucking survive?

You are comparing a force of nature to us going there and fucking there country over, once again, bravo on the halfwit analogy. In the US, we don't loot for survival, we loot because we are greedy and are taking advantage of the situation.
Although I covered this in my previous post, allow me to reiterate. They used their "taxi" to loot wood. If that car truly was his livelihood, he should've used it as a taxi and earned the money to buy the wood. Also, the analogy I used was hardly "halfwit". You, ironically, just neglected to comprehend its significance. So, once again, I will spoon-feed you that as well. Those particular Iraqis took advantage of a national crisis to steal wood, just like looters taking advantage of a hurricane. As we all know, Iraq in its current state is plagued by civil disorder. What you saw was an appropriate level of punishment in dealing with this (in the U.S. they would be given life in prison). Additionally, your claim "we don't loot for survival, we loot because we are greedy and are taking advantage of the situation" is also false. Hurricane Katrina is a shining example of that. No matter where you are, you will have looters acting out of greed and those acting to survive. However, the motive does not make it any less of a crime.

You should make friends with this guy:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search? … =0&y=0
Ok, let's suppose they used their taxi to loot wood.  What is the fucking deal?  They may be called thieves.  Are the soldiers police officers, and if they were allowed to act like them, should they punish those people that way?  In the US you get life prison for looting wood?  Wow, then I prefer the Saddam Regime dude.
If it comes to give the proper punishment if you smash the car for looting wood, what should the three soldiers receive for smashing the car?  Let's see, perhaps, they should be smashed by C5 airplane loaded with army stuff.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6773|Argentina

Horseman 77 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Like earlier, as someone said... propaganda.

And for your righteous "Dutch" Army... I'm sure if they had fellow soldiers dying and bullets flying at them, they would probably do some shit out of their mind.  I had a cousin that was like a brother, lived the in the same house growing up, die in Iraq in January by a roadside bomb. He was known for

American army should not be judge for the actions of three assholes.  They deserve a punishment.  I don't hate any American or any American soldier for that video, only those three dumb asses.  I'm sure most people in American army are good people, but these kind of behavior gives the whole army bad reputation.
Don't be so quick to condemn.

We really dint know the " whole story " just what we saw on the Video. remember the Rodney King Video.

The one we saw that got the cops in trouble was a lot different than the one we saw years later. ( and a lot shorter lol
I saw some Iraqi people on the floor doing nothing, not being a threat, and the tank smashing the car.  Where is the propaganda?  If there is propaganda here, it's the bad reputation the army gets for the actions of these three dumb asses.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6791
Yeah, this is one of the very few groups of idiots in the Army. But if they reported all the good things that happened in Iraq, people would get bored in no time. That's why the focus of what goes on in Iraq is negative. Statistically, more people want to see BAD news as opposed to GOOD news. So you are a news network/documentary maker, what do you think you'll show? The few bad things or the many good things?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6773|Argentina

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

Yeah, this is one of the very few groups of idiots in the Army. But if they reported all the good things that happened in Iraq, people would get bored in no time. That's why the focus of what goes on in Iraq is negative. Statistically, more people want to see BAD news as opposed to GOOD news. So you are a news network/documentary maker, what do you think you'll show? The few bad things or the many good things?
That's why these three assholes should not be in the army, so all the good things their mates do, are recognized as they deserve to do.  One bad action can distract the attention of thousands of good ones.
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6591|federal way washington
that was so bad, not funny

every gi represents our nation, or yours, if its your military. being a jerk feeds the hate the people have for us/you and convinces everyone that we are monsters and are dogs of our business
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853

sergeriver wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Like earlier, as someone said... propaganda.

And for your righteous "Dutch" Army... I'm sure if they had fellow soldiers dying and bullets flying at them, they would probably do some shit out of their mind.  I had a cousin that was like a brother, lived the in the same house growing up, die in Iraq in January by a roadside bomb. He was known for

American army should not be judge for the actions of three assholes.  They deserve a punishment.  I don't hate any American or any American soldier for that video, only those three dumb asses.  I'm sure most people in American army are good people, but these kind of behavior gives the whole army bad reputation.

We really dint know the " whole story " just what we saw on the Video. remember the Rodney King Video.

The one we saw that got the cops in trouble was a lot different than the one we saw years later. ( and a lot shorter lol
I saw some Iraqi people on the floor doing nothing, not being a threat, and the tank smashing the car.  Where is the propaganda?  If there is propaganda here, it's the bad reputation the army gets for the actions of these three dumb asses.
How can you know what they were doing 1 minute before the camera started taping ?

Or what they were doing 1/2 hour before the tank showed up ?

Or what local citizens who pointed them out said they witnessed them doing ?

Further,  If you were a Tanker over there would you do that to an Innocent person who was minding their own business would you let a fellow soldier act  that way, On film no less ?
Don't be naive. Plus the guys didn't even look distressed or scared Looters are generally shot anywhere. Don't forget this part of the world were it was common to pull out girls fingernails if they had the audacity to paint them...before these guys showed up in their tank that is.

just keep your mind open, dont look for reasons to hate morn fear or fret, you will find enough on your own
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6662

PRiMACORD wrote:

I love how you assume to know exactly what these people were doing with there car outside of the few seconds they were on camera. How do you know he wasn't driving people around all day, how do you know there is nobody to drive around because of how messed up things are?

Suppose i take your side for a second and say that punishing them was appropriate. Ok so you want to punish them by taking away there car. Why not take the fucking car and give it to someone else? I'm sure there are thousands of people that are more 'worthy' of using that car over the evil wood looting theives. Why destroy a perfectly useable car?

They don't do that of course, they play it up for the camera like the fucking morons they are. They shoot the car for fun and run it over, for fun.

Did they return the wood to the owner? No, they ran it over as well. They don't care, they just wanted to run a car over with a tank, like 10 year olds.

You are blind dude, try looking up logic for yourself.
For one, if there was noone to drive around because of "How messed up things are", then that car wouldn't be his livelihood. Second, simply giving the car to someone else is not really feasible, considering all the legalities involved (having it registered under the right name, etc. etc.) and that going out and finding some random person to give this car to would be extremely time consuming. Also consider that doing this would probably create problems between the looters and the new owners of the car. Whether or not they had fun destroying the car is irrelevent. It does not change the fact that looting is a crime and their punishment was light. And please explain how I am blind. Humor me. In every debate thread it's the same thing. You ramble on incoherently about an opinion based nothing and actually try to defend it. I find it hilarious. I mean, I'm practically spoon-feeding you all of this, and you STILL don't get it! You are a crowning example of how propaganda can affect the feeble-minded. Don't feel bad though, you are not the only one guilty of this. This entire debate forum is full of your kind. With each 10 page thread, you have to filter through 9 pages of emotional rambling before you actually find a voice of reason. People say I'm funny, but your posts make me laugh the hardest.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6773|Argentina

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

I love how you assume to know exactly what these people were doing with there car outside of the few seconds they were on camera. How do you know he wasn't driving people around all day, how do you know there is nobody to drive around because of how messed up things are?

Suppose i take your side for a second and say that punishing them was appropriate. Ok so you want to punish them by taking away there car. Why not take the fucking car and give it to someone else? I'm sure there are thousands of people that are more 'worthy' of using that car over the evil wood looting theives. Why destroy a perfectly useable car?

They don't do that of course, they play it up for the camera like the fucking morons they are. They shoot the car for fun and run it over, for fun.

Did they return the wood to the owner? No, they ran it over as well. They don't care, they just wanted to run a car over with a tank, like 10 year olds.

You are blind dude, try looking up logic for yourself.
And please explain how I am blind. Humor me. In every debate thread it's the same thing. You ramble on incoherently about an opinion based nothing and actually try to defend it. I find it hilarious. I mean, I'm practically spoon-feeding you all of this, and you STILL don't get it! You are a crowning example of how propaganda can affect the feeble-minded. Don't feel bad though, you are not the only one guilty of this. This entire debate forum is full of your kind. With each 10 page thread, you have to filter through 9 pages of emotional rambling before you actually find a voice of reason. People say I'm funny, but your posts make me laugh the hardest.
Wow, that really seems your own description.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6662

sergeriver wrote:

Wow, that really seems your own description.
You left off the first half of my post, buddy .

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-09-10 11:35:13)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6662

Horseman 77 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

How can you know what they were doing 1 minute before the camera started taping ?

Further,  If you were a Tanker over there would you do that to an Innocent person who was minding their own business would you let a fellow soldier act  that way, On film no less ?
Don't be naive. Plus the guys didn't even look distressed or scared Looters are generally shot anywhere. Don't forget this part of the world were it was common to pull out girls fingernails if they had the audacity to paint them...before these guys showed up in their tank that is.

just keep your mind open, dont look for reasons to hate morn fear or fret, you will find enough on your own
It's a lost cause, Horseman. Some of these people are so brainwashed, logic and reasoning goes in one ear and out the other.

Have a +1 though.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6714

Peldri wrote:

Fu***ng AMERICAN BASTARDS that got me so mad! They have guns and stuff and they just tease those poor innocent Iraq people, cos they wanna be f****** world dominators. i wish that tank runs into a mine or something
Holy SHIT don't get me started on you.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6773|Argentina

Horseman 77 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

I don't know what these Iraqi people did and I really don't care.  If they looted some fucking wood, ok, let's hang'em.  Cmon, you can't be serious in this.  Whatever those people did, you can't smashed their car with the tank.  Those soldiers are three assholes and that's a fact.  In a trial the proof shows three jerks smashing a car with a tank property of the US army, and they used it for their own amusement.  So, please think about the soldiers who do the right thing in your own army and don't defend these 3 dumb soldiers who did bad.
herrr_smity
+156|6644|space command ur anus
i think they need to take a chill pill
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6773|Argentina

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It's a lost cause, Horseman. Some of these people are so brainwashed, logic and reasoning goes in one ear and out the other.

Have a +1 though.
At least I have a brain to wash.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6714

-Solv3r- wrote:

America, fuck yeah!

Why spend your tax money on school and education, when you can send soldiers to Iraq to crush some cars?

/sarcasm
Where are you from again? Oslo, U.S? No, you're not.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6691|Moscow, Russia
Winning hearts and minds, I see...
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6662

Wasder wrote:

In Soviet Russia, heart wins you.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

Arguing that crushing the car was the right thing to do seems ridiculous to me. It was some fucking wood! Not premium grade timber, just some wood out of some rubble - the guy probably wanted to make some repairs to his house that they'd driven over in their tank earlier that day.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6791

herrr_smity wrote:

i think they need to take a chill pill
I think this entire subforum needs to take a chill pill...
phnxfrhwk
+14|6689|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
Who knows perhaps they were rigging the car to be used as a roadside bomb but had wood on top to make it look like they were transporting wood to fix a house or something.
ehh the fact is is that nobody knows the entire story.
If the story is true then yes they deserve to be courtmarshalled. But the fact that those looters were only punished by getting the car crushed. is better than the alternative. they got off light. And if it was saddams regime. you can bet that they probably would have gotten their hands chopped off.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6691|Moscow, Russia

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Wasder wrote:

In Soviet Russia, heart wins you.
LOL.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Who knows perhaps they were rigging the car to be used as a roadside bomb but had wood on top to make it look like they were transporting wood to fix a house or something.
ehh the fact is is that nobody knows the entire story.
If the story is true then yes they deserve to be courtmarshalled. But the fact that those looters were only punished by getting the car crushed. is better than the alternative. they got off light. And if it was saddams regime. you can bet that they probably would have gotten their hands chopped off.
True we don't know the whole story. The soldiers seem to make it clear that the car is being crushed because it is being used to steal wood. It seems like US troops acting like pricks to me.

I don't know whether Saddam's regime punished stealing by chopping off hands. I would have thought not since that is part of Islamic law and Saddam was a very secular ruler.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6587|England
The US Army at its most professional, i liked them pumping it full of bullets first. Ye-ha!
PRiMACORD
+190|6641|Home of the Escalade Herds

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Second, simply giving the car to someone else is not really feasible, considering all the legalities involved (having it registered under the right name, etc. etc.) and that going out and finding some random person to give this car to would be extremely time consuming
You reach and you reach but you continue to fail. You mention legalities involved and registration. What legalities are involved in destroying the car? It's obvious they destroyed it just for fun, why else wouldn't they remove the wood the ebil iraqis looted? Answer that? They don't give a fuck.

Destroying a working car in Iraq is the dumbest thing you can do, a car is extremely usefull and rare commodity in a hostile chaotic situation. They ran it over in the Abrams to look all big and bad, too bad an IED wasn't in the car.

You are blind, everything that shows the military in a negative fashion is immediately cast it off as propaganda.

People like these and people like you is why we had a 9/11.

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

For one, if there was noone to drive around because of "How messed up things are", then that car wouldn't be his livelihood. Second, simply giving the car to someone else is not really feasible, considering all the legalities involved (having it registered under the right name, etc. etc.) and that going out and finding some random person to give this car to would be extremely time consuming. Also consider that doing this would probably create problems between the looters and the new owners of the car. Whether or not they had fun destroying the car is irrelevent. It does not change the fact that looting is a crime and their punishment was light. And please explain how I am blind. Humor me. In every debate thread it's the same thing. You ramble on incoherently about an opinion based nothing and actually try to defend it. I find it hilarious. I mean, I'm practically spoon-feeding you all of this, and you STILL don't get it! You are a crowning example of how propaganda can affect the feeble-minded. Don't feel bad though, you are not the only one guilty of this. This entire debate forum is full of your kind. With each 10 page thread, you have to filter through 9 pages of emotional rambling before you actually find a voice of reason. People say I'm funny, but your posts make me laugh the hardest.
Once again, half your post is a bunch of mindless insults, trying to cover the fact that you can't debate. Also, try something called paragraphs, your post matches the eloquence of a Bush speech, gg.
PRiMACORD
+190|6641|Home of the Escalade Herds

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Thats a bunch of bs. If that was the case, they would have been :

1) shot in the face
2) arrested

The marine mentions they were looters, if they were rigging the car to be a bomb he would have mentioned that for damn sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard