J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6757|Longueuil
In bf2 there is no Bunny-hoping you dont earn extra speed for jumping an so in real live you can jump as much as you want in real live you can dive backward sideway even make backflip front flip so dont complain about bunny hopers and dolphin jumpers in real live you can do way crazyer tricks..... sure its hard to hit someone whos diving away from you its the same in real live ...just deal with it its part of the game....THIS IS NOT COUNTER STRIKE YOU CAN PRONE SO YOU CAN DIVE !!!!
P/S: Surely the diving need to be fixed a bit so when someone as dived into the ground they need to stand back up or duck before they can jump again buts its probably gonna be fixed soon !!!!!!

Last edited by J0hn.F.Kenedy (2005-12-04 16:13:02)

BradLikesWaffles
+0|6759
PREEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!! :p with ya all the way though, completely fair to jump up and down, i dont give a shit how hard it is for other people to shoot me, if it keeps ME alive and gives my team an advantage, and if people cant follow me jumping around, then TOUGH LUCK! I'll do what I WANT!!
superseal17
Banned
+1|6755
Dance Offff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
hehe... everything is fair in love and war. And as EA made it possible there is no point in not doing it as it´s neither a cheat nor an exploit nor statpadding ^^
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6743
Bunny hopping would have been a good option as the Grassy Knoll.

That was in bad taste...
RKF77
+1|6751

Tigg@lot wrote:

And as EA made it possible there is no point in not doing it as it´s neither a cheat nor an exploit nor statpadding ^^
To be fair, it IS an exploit.  It's an exploit of DICE's implementation of a piss-poor movement model.  Just like instaprone and dolphin-diving.  You're correct that it's not a "cheat", but it is an exploit.

I don't hop around the map like a half-retarded jackrabbit on crack, but regardless, I won't call it a cheat.  However, I will call a spade a spade...it IS an exploit, it's just a different type of exploit than most people are used to discussing.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6722|Germany

RKF77 wrote:

To be fair, it IS an exploit.  It's an exploit of DICE's implementation of a piss-poor movement model.  Just like instaprone and dolphin-diving.  You're correct that it's not a "cheat", but it is an exploit.

I don't hop around the map like a half-retarded jackrabbit on crack, but regardless, I won't call it a cheat.  However, I will call a spade a spade...it IS an exploit, it's just a different type of exploit than most people are used to discussing.
120% Agree. DICE messed it up. They shall fix it.

And JFK please stop reffering to RL. These are SOLDIERS no BREAKDANCERS. Kids.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6757|Longueuil
all they gotta do is to restrick jumping from prone position
but jumping in prone position while in the air is posible since it allow you to dive and diving is not an exploit but a way to avoid been shot. They should also restric shooting from prone position while in the air too but i tryed and its almost imposible to get a shot (im a sniper)but doing that with a pmk i read that yu dont loose accuracy so thats an exploit....
+you say not to refear to real live its funny cause this game is build to be a battlefield simulation (Its not star wars!!!!So yes we have to reafear to real live physics to have a good game (realistic) !!!!
And its why every two years you gotta buy a better computer cause games gets more and more realistics...

Last edited by J0hn.F.Kenedy (2005-12-04 17:57:12)

Flasheart88
+0|6760|Brisbane
Heh. Personally, I don't bunny hop across lines of fire mainly because a) I really think it looks ridiculous, and b) they usually seem to get me anyway.

I think strafing left and right with on/off sprinting is a better way of dodging bullets. But, to each their own I say. I'll never be a decent BF2 whore because I get bored doing the same thing over and over. That being said, I've tried a bit of everything - hell, I've even had a go at noobtubing, to see what the other side was like. Whatever floats your boat - it's your fifty bucks. (Or whatever.)

Nevertheless, JFK, seriously dude, learn some punctuation. And grammar. And spelling. I don't usually care, but when it's the opening post, and thus has to be read ... *sigh*

Nevermind.
Sud
+0|6747
Well so long as you're going to analyze it from a real life perspective, would you mind going prone and not moving after you get hit in the leg to simulate the pain and crippling effect incurred when one is shot in the leg whilst hopping around?
RKF77
+1|6751

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

+you say not to refear to real live its funny cause this game is build to be a battlefield simulation (Its not star wars!!!!So yes we have to reafear to real live physics to have a good game (realistic) !!!!
Well, I'm not sure what "reafear" means, but "real live physics" and BF2 don't ever belong in the same zip code as each other, much less the same sentence.
Mulchman MM
+0|6723|Virginia Beach, VA
I used to complain about people jumping around but I've learned to do it to. It helps a lot and has saved me from dying multiple times. The purpose of the game is to get the enemies tickets down to 0 so your team wins. Whatever helps me do that (barr cheating) I'll do.

I just hate that it's called "bunny hopping" since it's not true bunny hopping (ala Half-Life engine games).
supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6755|Gold Coast, Australia
I also agree 100%, if it keeps me alive, ill do it. They can just consider themselves "skillfull" when there dead and im healthy and jumping around. If they complain, i just say, "haha your dead, and im not, "
FSFGrimes
+1|6741
In long range combat I dont mind people jumping around trying not to get shot. Hell I jump like mad if I am taking fire and I don't know from where. But its the "within 5 feet of me, they jump n fire a grenade at my feet" bunny hoping that I hate. At least have the guy who fired it die too or take substancial damage.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Bloody hell. An identical post, ("No such thing as base Raping...")

Yes, there is such thing as bunny hopping. People do it. Other people deal with it. Some people even boycott it because they feel it's not honourable.
Or it dosn't make your character look cool.
I personally don't but I don't hold against anyone who does. I normally manage to shoot them anyway, and in their final moments they look like idiots.
Don't complain if you get shot. If you have to, type a profanity, but don't abuse people for using a tactic that works for them. I know it's hard. I found myself wanting to call a guy a "DAO Noobie" today, (I didn't,) but that's not right. The DAO requires skill, I was just frustrated that I was being killed by it a lot.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kingswat
+0|6754
Yeah really, if you wanna hop up and down like a queer with his pants on fire, just go play dance dance revolution or whatever that retarded game is.
duckforceone
+3|6723|Denmark
why does people call it realistic?

in all my years in the military, the only thing i have seen come out of it is that the people with those extra 10-30 kg on them, jump up... it's usually less than a meter they can jump up... and they are pretty clumsy when they touch down...

so if you were aiming for the chest, which a good soldier should do, then you would hit them in the stomach instead or groin...

so stop with the backflip flip flop from bunny hell.... that's not realistic unless you happen to be an olympic gymnast on the navy seal team with their light weight equipment.

yes i won't do it.... and i hate dice for programming it...
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6723|New Hampshire
My take on it is this - it's a maneuver a lot of people do.  Just learn how to kill someone.  Theyre moving - theyre not bulletproof.  I think it's kinda insane that people expect you to stand still for them to shoot you - hell, if I could, I'd spiderman my ass outta there.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6755|NH - USA
I think its silly and love killing those bunnies.

On another note:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6113

number 5.

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-12-05 00:22:09)

philbymaris
+0|6735|Brissvegas AUST
YES THERE IS, you do it on a bike.....
jools
+-1|6808|a galaxy far, far away....

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

In bf2 there is no Bunny-hoping you dont earn extra speed for jumping an so in real live you can jump as much as you want in real live you can dive backward sideway even make backflip front flip so dont complain about bunny hopers and dolphin jumpers in real live you can do way crazyer tricks..... [snip]
Yeah. As if you can do backflips while wearing a bulletproof vest along with 15-20 more Kgs of various equipment, and wielding a weapon as well. And, nail to the coffin, as if you can also shoot while jumping and actually hit something accurately... C'mon! This was the cheesiest defense of bunnyhopping I've ever read...

edit - oh, I just realized duckforceone posted more or less the same way before I did. Apologies, and credit to him.

edit 2 - and yes, a solider carrying an equipment such as is carried by soldier in bf2 couldn't jumpo higher than 1m (and I'm being optimistic), and surely not for more than 2 or 3 times in a row...

edit 3 - and yes, I've been in the army as well.

Last edited by jools (2005-12-05 06:07:17)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland

jools wrote:

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

In bf2 there is no Bunny-hoping you dont earn extra speed for jumping an so in real live you can jump as much as you want in real live you can dive backward sideway even make backflip front flip so dont complain about bunny hopers and dolphin jumpers in real live you can do way crazyer tricks..... [snip]
Yeah. As if you can do backflips while wearing a bulletproof vest along with 15-20 more Kgs of various equipment, and wielding a weapon as well. And, nail to the coffin, as if you can also shoot while jumping and actually hit something accurately... C'mon! This was the cheesiest defense of bunnyhopping I've ever read...
I totally agree with Jools.
But I am a proud bunny hopper, what you gonna do about it? Kill me?
jools

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

jools wrote:

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

I totally agree with Jools.
But I am a proud bunny hopper, what you gonna do about it? Kill me?
Precisely. :P

Anyways, thanks for agreeing.

Last edited by jools (2005-12-05 06:14:36)

duckforceone
+3|6723|Denmark
*chuckle*

thanks for the supporting comments jools... and yeah.. the 1 meter is being optimistic... especially as you say 3-4 times in a row...

let's be optimistic.
10-15kg frag vest
2 kg kevlar helmet
8kg rifle
3kg ammunition
1kg water flask (with water)
jools
let's add a few essentials...

3 kg - clothing, bags, pouches, straps, whatnot
2 kg - accessories (knife, goggles, basic first-aid kit)
1-2 kg - grenades (frag, smoke, flash, whatnot)
1 kg - boots

This is why I don't want to talk about engineers carrying 5 (FIVE) antitank mines (one M15 antitank mine weights about 15Kg).

Last edited by jools (2005-12-05 06:57:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard