BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6522|The Land of Claywhore
At first i was skeptical about IO.I was thinking to myself no ,don't take my tank from me.But after playing a few rounds i realized how much fun it really is and how much teamwork is involved.So i decided to create a 2nd account for IO only.Now this game is even more fun for me than the day i first installed it.

But I've noticed a few habits that players have carried over.First,the grenade spamming.Good god the grenade spamming.Now we don't have to worry about armor camping,it's all about supply drop grenade spam camping.I don't know about most everyone else but i play to win.I know I'm not going to win every round and i accept that.But i don't like spending the whole round trying to break through the line of endless spamades.Usually by the time our team gets through it's too late and the enemy has a 150+ ticket lead on us.I prefer the maps like Ghost Town where both teams have an uncap and all flags are neutral at the start of the round.Makes for a fair fight IMO.

Second,support kits not doing there job.I've heard that the PKM is a frickin baddass gun but come one people,it can't be that engulfing that you're unable to throw some ammo around here and there.It sucks balls when i have to lose points by shooting at a support teammate while yelling "gimme some mutha f*ckin' ammo muthaf*cka" or "I need a muthaf#ckin medic" Just a small tip people,if you do decide to finally throw ammo and health,think about where your putting it.Too many time have i needed one or the other,or both and had to run into the middle of the street to get it only to get diced up into little pieces by enemy gunfire.Try throwing it around cover like near a wall facing away from enemy spawn points or around the flag area.

And finally,the matter of defense.Defense is as big a part of this game as offense.On maps like Warlord or Jalalabad,why does everyone spawn at the front lines only to find out that the SAS or USMC has cruised right past to take vulnerable checkpoints and flank the defending team.I guess this really comes down to teamwork and communication.If i play sniper or spec-ops i try to set up some kind of defense before moving out to a different location.Sometimes it helps,most times it's not enough.What i've started to do recently is set up a "defense" squad and invite players to help defend key locations.Usually i get no response or the occasional one or two players that understand how important defense is and try to help out,knowing that not many points are involved.Again, I play for fun and to win.

What i really like about IO is no artillery and no vehicles,especially no vehicles.Now i can go places on maps that i would not attempt to go without being shelled or having magical cars appear out of thin air over my head.Now it takes alot of teamwork and guts to outsmart the enemy and save the princess.But if there is a wall of grenades and no way to heal yourself.Or if you don't have adequate defense measures,the princess will surely parish.

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-09-10 09:04:43)

Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
I think its ridiculous. Just alot of nadeing and snipeing.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house
Any thing that is involved with BF2 will have all of these players that neglect every aspect of the game except to run forward and kill by any mean necessary until they die and repeat the process . There is nothing any one can do.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6745

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

I'm not going to win every round and i except that.
Accept. haha but yeah I know what you mean.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6522|The Land of Claywhore

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

I'm not going to win every round and i except that.
Accept. haha but yeah I know what you mean.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6463
"On maps like Warlord or Jalalabad,why does everyone spawn at the front lines only to find out that the SAS or USMC has cruised right past to take vulnerable checkpoints"

because then you get to whore the palace with a nice shiny PKM.
I do agree though alot of nading and claymoring, you'll get used to it.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6690|Melbourne, Australia

Doggehspike wrote:

"On maps like Warlord or Jalalabad,why does everyone spawn at the front lines only to find out that the SAS or USMC has cruised right past to take vulnerable checkpoints"

because then you get to whore the palace with a nice shiny PKM.
I do agree though alot of nading and claymoring, you'll get used to it.
yer hes right we will get used to the boring un skilled fights due to 1.4  or we could never play an E.A or DICE game again because we know 2142 is gonna do teh exact same thing the only thing dat has changed is that we now have a better alternitive.. QW or TF2
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.
i only play IO on 32 player. 64 is pathetic. nade nade nade nade nade nade naed g36e.
Orion126
+6|6511
I love IO as well.  I do hate the hopping, grenading, and claymore spamming as the byproduct.  But where there is a will (winning) there is a way.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6448|San Diego, CA

Orion126 wrote:

I love IO as well.  I do hate the hopping, grenading, and claymore spamming as the byproduct.  But where there is a will (winning) there is a way.
QFT
specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills
To tell you the truth... I am too much of a whore to play infantry only.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2006-09-10 13:17:53)

twiistaaa
+87|6639|mexico
your a sniper, why are you running into walls of grenades in the first place. ammo and health.. just request a supply drop.

but if u arent playing sniper, still grenades aren't everywhere all of the time, you can get around them. when people have grenades in their hands it means they dont have a gun. as long as you can get out of the blast radius all you have to do is point and click.

but i agree with the idiots spawning on the front. i hate being the only player charging into a brand new enemy spawn point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard