Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
ATI x800GTO 256MB AGP8x/4x (currently in 8x mode)
1GB (2x512) PQI pc3200 dual channel
AMD 64 2800+ 2.1GHz s754
80GB Seagate HDD IDE
Realtek Onboard sound
Windows XP pro sp2
Settings- All medium 1024x768 no AA | Audio- Software mode/medium.

When I join a relatively empty server my performance is perfect 80+FPS. But once combat starts it can die to 30FPS or lower. At the slightest sign of combat my FPS positively dies. I tried all low settings and its the same effect. 30FPS or lower dureing really heavy combat sometimes light combat as well.

Now my motherboard is MSI, and on there website it says my mobo only support specific RAM models like OCZ, patriot etc.....I have PQI (which is not on the supported RAM list) yet my system appears to be working fine. I havent got any RAm errors yet. So im thinking even though its working could there still be a conflict?
I know my HDD is pretty old to, so could that be an issue.

And is there a way to see if my GPU is working properly? Like to see if its processing everything correctly like shadows lighting etc..

I really dont have the money to upgrade anything right now.

I have 6.8 catalyst and new sound drivers. And I run virus scans every other day (I have webroot spusweeper v5.00)
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
Thats from bf2lag.com and i've seen it and have used some of those tweaks before.
But I have a feeling my problem goes much deeper. I just cant figure it out.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6426
CPU bottlenecking?
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
Possibly. I am getting same performannce I got from my 9800pro, so you could have something there. Im gonna be buildin g a new rig once I get the money....It's just I always wondered my system was plagued with bad performance in games.

I know Prey runs all high perfectly fine and all my other games, but its just Bf2 is the bastard son.
riptide2k
+7|6736|Zurich, Switzerland
I don't know if i'm the only one, but i had serious graphic problems with the catalyst 6.8...

Everything worked fine with 6.7 and after upgrading to 6.8 i had heavy lags and everytime i died, i had a weird graphic for about 5 seconds. Maybe it's the combination of catalyst 6.8 and the patch 1.4, as i upgraded to 1.4 at the same time.

Anyway, now i use the Omega driver 3.8.273 which is based on the Catalyst 6.7 and all of those problems are gone!
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Maybe this helps to solve your probs..

Last edited by riptide2k (2006-09-10 08:22:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard