VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA
I have a wireless ball mouse and havent really used it much. I dont like it for doing graphics so I continue using a laser mouse that came with the computer.
Skinnister
+43|6726|UK

AFlyingNun wrote:

I don't like laser mouses. If you ever see someone just randomly start spinning quickly in circles and looking straight up or down, guess what's causing it. XP
HAHAHAHA i feel your pain thats the main reason why i changed back to the ball mouse.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

sHaDy6 wrote:

i usw the zboard to ply. i love it buttons arent all bunched 2gether. worth the $30 IMO
Didn't help your typing? damn.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

GoalieLax wrote:

I use a trackball...much better than mice once you get used to it...
But much worse for your fingers. Make way for CTS!!! Seriously though, it's not good for you. Neither is normal mouse usage when you over do it, but it's less dangerous than use a trackball.

For people with laser mice; Try this at a LAN party; Play with your mice on glass tables. They fuck up at the worst times, it's sooo funny. At times you'll be face to face with your enemy but neither of you are turning becuase you can't lol.
=LES=LIGHTS_OUT
+0|6720
the razer copperhead has 3 dpi setings 800, 1600, and 2000  2000dpi is awesome super responsive
id reccomend getting a hard gaming mousepad so that the teflon feet slide even better.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6721
i just use a generic optical mouse. it suits me fine, aside from the occasional rapid spinning (which is not a problem, unless i am flying a jet ... JESUS)
a friend of mine ordered a logitech G5 from overseas a little while ago and was probably the first person in Australia to be using a G5, since they've only just arrived here recently. I personally don't see the point in spending that much money on a mouse, and I have never said to myself "damn, i wish i could increase the weight of my mouse by around 24 grams". He goes for all the pro stuff like that, including a Zboard and a $50 mousepad. I use my $15 mouse and 5 yr old Microsoft Natural keyboard (curvy and split, it rocks!) and im happy with it. It's all just about getting what you like, i suppose.

That said, anyone who goes with wireless.... WHY?
I have never been like "crap! my mouse cord is restricting me!"
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6775|Dallas, Tx
I have a trakball and a regular mouse installed.  I use the trakball for infantry fighting and the regular optical mouse is better for armor or vehicles where you need to quickly make large turns.

Last edited by JimmyNoobtron (2005-12-05 07:23:11)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6838|Finland
I have a ball mouse. Im lovin' it!
Seriously not :F
Reaper2325
+2|6724|New Hartford, New York
I use a Microsoft Trackball Optical or my Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman Trackball (depending if I'm using my desktop or my laptop) and love it. I just change the sensitivity for the Vehicles and the aircraft to get it to respond the way I'd like.

I am considering going back to a regular mouse since trackballs are aparently going obsolete and are getting harder to find a good one for gaming. I'm looking into the Logitech MX 518, G5, and G7 right now for a possible sub or replacement.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6728|Debris From Space
Logitech Optical MX510 I think. I also use an IceMat. Much better than a shitty ball mouse. My dad had the Logitech Laser Mouse with a SteelMat, but got a Razor and Icemat 2nd Edition (which is massive compared to mine) instead.

EDIT: If you get a GOOD optical mouse, you don't start spinning around.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-30 08:04:10)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6742|United States
I have DYNEX Wireless laser mouse.  It serves me well.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2005-12-30 19:45:05)

BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6731|Rochester, NY
Generic Logitech Dell Optical at 800 dpi. Works very well and I only got that circles thing only once in BF2 but never got it again when I got my 3M Imation Precision Mouse Surface that greatly helped the control and accuracy response to my mouse.
Capt_Flapjack
+12|6756|Kansas City, MO, USA
I just got a G5 for christmas!  That thing rocks.  It's tough to get used to on 2000, so I leave mine at 800 and kick it down to 400 for sniping.  It's ridiculously ergonomic.  I love mine, I would highly reccomend it to anyone.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

i still use my mouse that came with the comp
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands
I dont like the cordless stuff, u allways seem to run out of batteries when u wanna play a game and i got sick and tired of cleaning my ballmouse in the middle of a battle.

I ve got a cheap optical mouse with a wire and it works fine.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6731|Rochester, NY

Capt_Flapjack wrote:

I just got a G5 for christmas!  That thing rocks.  It's tough to get used to on 2000, so I leave mine at 800 and kick it down to 400 for sniping.  It's ridiculously ergonomic.  I love mine, I would highly reccomend it to anyone.
Sniping at 400 dpi? That makes your mouse slower and hard to aim at moving targets in your scope! How can you snipe well at 400?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard