Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
I've seen what seems like a thousand topics over the WCR on these forums and I'm starting to wonder "why".

I made a post in another thread about the WCR and I think it deserves it's own thread with a little more explanation of the WCR, so maybe, just maybe all the people out there who don't have a clue can finally get a hint.

OK, WCR, first you need a 3:1 win loss ratio.  In other words this means you would need 3 wins for every loss you get and your stats would look something like, 900 wins 300 losses.  Thats what a 3:1 ratio means.  Very simple people.

Next, you need 50 hours as a commander.  Seems like a lot huh?  It is, and for good reason.  The WCR is a commader class award, meaning only GOOD commanders can get it (respectivly).

Finally, after and only AFTER you have the first two requirements completed, you need 45 commander points IAR (In A Round).  How do you get commander points?  Well technically YOU don't, your team does.  The commander point system is comprised of an average of the players on your teams score.  So for example if everyone on your team had 20 points, idealy you would have around 20 too.  Say you only had two people on your team and the first guy had 50 points and the second guy had 45, you would probably have a commander score of about 46 or 47.  However, your job as a commander is to give your team what they need to get points and succeed.  The better your team does, the better you do.

I have people ask me constantly about these things.  It is very simple.  Work on your 3:1, while doing that you will hit 50 hours and once both of those are set, go for the 45.

*name edited* wrote:
Only admin and server owner can get the freaking 3:1 win lose ratio or people who teamswitch all the time

It not fair
No.

I am neither an admin or a server owner and I have it.  Wanna know how I got it?

HARD WORK

It's the hardest ribbon to get, therfor you have to have the time, skill and dedication to get it.  This ribbon isn't for everyone, and most people will never have it.  3:1 is extremly tough, yes, thats why the ribbon is so prestigious.  I chased it for 3 months before I got it.  Did I teamswitch?  Sure I did, not constantly, but yeah, I teamswitched a bit. 

Here's how you get it:

Start early.
Play 16 man servers as much as possible.
Play as the commander on these servers. (Commanders control the battle on small maps)
Don't lose, ever.

Pretty simple right?  Wrong. 

1.  If you already have 1000 losses and a 1:5 WL, don't bother.  You're never going to get it, go home.
2.  Playing on 64 man servers will only take you 5 years to get the required WL ratio and Commander hours.
3.  If you suck at commander, this ribbon isn't for you.  Work on the Legion of Merit.
4.  If you are a good commander, there is no reason to lose.  Therfor no reason to switch.  However....teams do suck every now and then.  A little thing I call "refusal to play".  Then you switch.
5.  Once again, this ribbon is not for everyone.  It isn't the parachute ribbon.  This ribbon is harder to get than most of the medals.  Don't feel bad because you can't get it, like I said, it's not for everyone.
6.  If you have to come onto a forum and bitch about the requirments, you probably don't have what it takes to get this ribbon in the first place so just pursue something else.

This ribbon takes a long, long, LONG time to get, a lot of patience, good communication with a team (i.e. clan, friends etc), a through and deep understanding of the commander feature and how to use it to the best of it's ability, and finally a keen and ruthless sense of determination to get what you have your eyes set on.

If you are missing any of the traights in the previous paragraph, or find yourself unable to use the features and tools required to get this ribbon you might as well just stop.  Stop going for it and save yourself a lot of time effort and frustration.  Not trying to toot my own horn, I just know from experiance and I've seen many many people try and fail for it.

Also, a few hints and tips:

If your about to lose and you disconnect, you will still be charged with a loss.

When being the commander, it is a good idea to sit in a ground defense, AA, transport, or whatever isn't being used.  This builds your hours for that particualr vehicle up and you aren't just idleing.  It also comes in handy if your base comes under attack.

Praise your team.  The better moral, the better the fight.

To get a high commander score, you can join a server that is just getting started (especially 64 man map servers) and get commander.  The round will take so long that you will usually end up with around 70-80 before the 2x bonus.

If your playing on a 16 man map, remember commanders make the best infantry.  The maps are so small that you are the only person that knows where everyone is at once.  Perfect for setting up ambushes and guarding your things.  Put your UAV on the mass group of enemies and you go after the sneaky ones.

Well, I hope this helps and/or answers a few questions you may have had.  Remeber, the WCR isn't for everyone.
-=DeputyTang=-
+0|6737
Wow congrats on getting it! And thanks for the tips too. I'll earn it someday in the distant future. Just gotta cancel all my plans first haha
Maj.Do
+85|6762|good old CA
i hope i can get it soon . i went from .44 to .98 this weekend
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6792
it's still nothing more than a team switching ribbon
Rakasan
+7|6847|California, USA
just stack teams if the ribbon means so much
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

Like I said in a different thread, you can think that all you want.  For those of us who got the ribbon and got it legit, we know otherwise.  What I've learned from surfing these forums is that people tend to find a way to diss or discredit anything they themselves are not able or don't have the patience and skill to obtain.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6784|NRW,Germany

Cougar wrote:

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

Like I said in a different thread, you can think that all you want.  For those of us who got the ribbon and got it legit, we know otherwise.  What I've learned from surfing these forums is that people tend to find a way to diss or discredit anything they themselves are not able or don't have the patience and skill to obtain.
No, they don´t discredit it because they don´t have the patience, they discredit it because only a very small ammount of people got it the legit way while the majority shows the easy way to get it.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6744|In a van down by the river
well if you are that concerned about your little ribbons, feel free to switch teams.  It's not like its hurting me in any way whatsoever.
RVS-Valve
+0|6750
I vote for featured post. Or at least a sticky. Very nice work Cougar.
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6783
in 2 months ive moved my win margin from needing 620 wins to 270 and im still going, it certainly is attainable by hard work, I fiure i average about a 7:1 W/L ratio now, so time will get me the ribbon, and lots of hard work and beinga  good player
BeefnCheez
+0|6756

Cougar wrote:

6.  If you have to come onto a forum and bitch about the requirments, you probably don't have what it takes to get this ribbon in the first place so just pursue something else.
https://www.interlopers.net/forum/images/smiles/023.gifhttps://www.interlopers.net/forum/images/smiles/023.gif
Icleos
+101|6753
About half way there to getting my WCR.  W/L: 1.80ish
I'm actually shooting for the Distinguished Service Medal though...
Just need about 75 more hours as commander...

Last edited by Icleos (2005-12-04 21:54:12)

Mosh
+2|6754
stupid question to go along with this post (in no way do i mean this post is stupid btw).

if i start a new "player" (been playing on my brothers PC and finally picked up a copy after ~70 hours) if i start fresh and win 4 rounds and lose 1 right off the bat, do i get the req? or do i need the 50 hours first?

just some minor clarification is all i ask
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

Mosh wrote:

stupid question to go along with this post (in no way do i mean this post is stupid btw).

if i start a new "player" (been playing on my brothers PC and finally picked up a copy after ~70 hours) if i start fresh and win 4 rounds and lose 1 right off the bat, do i get the req? or do i need the 50 hours first?

just some minor clarification is all i ask
Well, you can have the 3:1 but without all the requirements you aren't going to get it.  I see what your saying, if you create a new account and win 3 and lose one your at 3:1.  Thats great, but you have to have 50 hours.  Now if you can keep the ratio and play as commander for 50 hours straight, yeah, absoulutly.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6773
ill be the next dude who discredit this "achievement"  ..

im sure youre the greatest comander and smarter than everyone else ..but your scores arent amazing .. and no amount of go squad go is going to make a bunch of retards play well ... ill give you some credit though as you dont suck and your w/l ratio is below 3:1 now that you got the ribbon and stopped swapping ..so ill put you among the people who spent at least some time (probably alot of time) trying to earn it legitimatly... swapping is still swapping and stacking leaving etc .. is lame..

wait i almost congratulated you? .. sort of .. you know what you did so if you literally NEVER acted lame to get it then congrats .. either way i shouldnt care
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

chitlin wrote:

ill be the next dude who discredit this "achievement"  ..

im sure youre the greatest comander and smarter than everyone else ..but your scores arent amazing .. and no amount of go squad go is going to make a bunch of retards play well ... ill give you some credit though as you dont suck and your w/l ratio is below 3:1 now that you got the ribbon and stopped swapping ..so ill put you among the people who spent at least some time (probably alot of time) trying to earn it legitimatly... swapping is still swapping and stacking leaving etc .. is lame..

wait i almost congratulated you? .. sort of .. you know what you did so if you literally NEVER acted lame to get it then congrats .. either way i shouldnt care
Absoulutly.  I never preached to anyone that I was god of BF2 or my score was ohh so incredible.  Simply, all I'm saying is, I got an award that people have trouble with, this is how I got it, this is how you can get it.

Thanks for saying I don't suck and that I'm almost legit but lame......wait....
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6754
I rarely switch teams.  I only do it when the score is like this:  50-200000.  Which happens, sometimes.  I think I have like a 1.75 ratio or something.  It keeps getting better, so maybe in 25 years, I'll have the War College Ribbon too.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6836|Netherlands
so i refuse to change side for winning;
so i suck..
so what..

cheats.    even  padding commander score.

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-12-05 02:35:47)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

If you'll all notice, most of the top players don't have the WCR, because they're too busy racking up points to worry about wins and losses.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-12-05 03:52:35)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

hell, I have a 1.24 ratio, and even still if I switch and win EVERY game from now on, I wont get it until i've won 1162 games IN A ROW. Plus that's just the 1:3 part.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6848
If you are in a server were squads dont form jump out. If you are losing jump out. Hard work.
Lobbylobster
+0|6730|GER
THx for the tips on the ribbon ,was a really good explain to this ribbon !!
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6785|Dallas, Tx

Horseman 77 wrote:

If you are in a server were squads dont form jump out. If you are losing jump out. Hard work.
Jumping out if things aren't going your way isn't hard work.  There are times in life where you lose.  Plain and simple.  "Jumping out" all of the time is not very admirable.  Notre Dame's football legend wasn't built on jumping out.  Or switching teams.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6846|Deutschland/Germany

Cougar wrote:

HARD WORK

It's the hardest ribbon to get, therfor you have to have the time, skill and dedication to get it.  This ribbon isn't for everyone, and most people will never have it.  3:1 is extremly tough, yes, thats why the ribbon is so prestigious.

5.  Once again, this ribbon is not for everyone.  It isn't the parachute ribbon.  This ribbon is harder to get than most of the medals.  Don't feel bad because you can't get it, like I said, it's not for everyone.

Well, I hope this helps and/or answers a few questions you may have had.  Remeber, the WCR isn't for everyone.
Another thread about the glorious Cougar who has soooo much skill because he s got a ribbon he got through joining into the winning team. I can imagine u really feel great for this big achievement. We already had enough threads about the WCR and u already told us how good u think u are (ur especially good at flaming as u showed us in the other thread). Wow it is soooo hard to get. It s not for everyone as you like to say it. Only the 3l33t3 players with ub3r skill can get it.
Ah and before u reply: I didnt say I am ub3r skilled.
U said u need skill to get it. U have it.----> U said u have skill.

To sum it all up:
WCR can be achieved by:
- 1. Win team joining at the end of the round. Yeah that s really hard hard work. (do it if u want but dont feel ur good because of that) -----> WCR is one of the easiest ribbons to get if you want to waste your time getting it.
- 2. So much skill that u as 1 soldier compared to the other 15/31/63 can lead ur team to victory. I think only being a good commander can not always make ur team win. If they re bad....they re bad. So u either own the server all alone or u take option 1 to get it.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6750
If you want to show me skill play with me and show me, not show me WCR.

I been in many server/matches where I beg commander to tell me where to bomber (I'm in bomber) and I had my locked squad to order me. But nooooo Commander prefers calling artly on a tank attacking an outpost (that would probably do nothing to it) then telling me "Hey Tank at <x> outpost please take it out".

I met VERY few commanders with real teamwork.

WCR and other medals stats are nothing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard