ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6444|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
i just got my new leatech 7600 gt 256mb AGP graphics card today, i upgraded from a radeon 9800xt 256mb..anyways im just wonderin if anyone else has this card and what gprahics settings in bf2 they have it on.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
they released an AGp version?
wtf..I didnt know that....hows it run!!!!! I have AGP still...so ya lol

Last edited by Teflon.DEP (2006-09-09 13:29:29)

BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
I have a 7600 but it's PCI-E so I don't know if it's it's better or the same compared to yours
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
PCI-e = AGP

There is no difference between equal AGP and PCI-e cards.

Don't buy into the marketing bullshit.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland

SargeV1.4 wrote:

PCI-e = AGP

K Sarge. I didn't know
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
well it seems to be fine....i have my bf2 settings on 1120*1024 or somethin and on medium settings...but it would be higher if the patch didnt fuck up the graphics...it gets 11,300 on 3d mark 03 but i aint tested it on the rest yet...im having a few problems with it but apart from that its ok.

so none else has one of these??
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
I know people running Bf2 maxed out 6x AA /w no lag...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Teflon.DEP wrote:

I know people who have a 10 GHZ processor that runs on light instead of electricity.

But do they have anything to do with the topic?

nope.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6653|England and damn proud
I thought PCI-E was faster than AGP
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Teflon.DEP wrote:

I know people who have a 10 GHZ processor that runs on light instead of electricity.

nope.
Im saying I know people w/ 7600GT's running Bf2 maxed 6x AA.
Lose the aTTITUDE BITCH.

werent u bitching about Bf2 week ago, saying how 1.4 fucked u over....saying ur done...lol...i bet u feel stupid now, still here and all.

Last edited by Teflon.DEP (2006-09-09 13:41:54)

devilhammer
+16|6564|San Marcos, Texas
best card for agp is a sapphire radeon x1600 xt 256mb
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

SargeV1.4 wrote:

PCI-e = AGP

That's not true. The bandwidth on PCI-e is much better. A 7600 GT should run slightly better on PCI-e, but not a lot. It's not marketing bullshit, PCI-e is a better interface.

Anything faster than a 7600 GT will not run at full speed on a AGP port. There are a lot of differences between a bus system (like PCI-e) and an AGP system (which is port based, direct processor interface). The 7800 AGP cards are a complete waste of money, because AGP 8x does not have the required bandwidth for it to run properly.

Anyone who tells you AGP is as good as PCI-e doesn't know what they are talking about. PCI-e is MUCH better.

rustynutz wrote:

It is. Significantly.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-09-09 13:46:36)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Moved
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
hey i just got a problem....i tried setting the game fear to 1280*1024 resolution....but then it came up with a message saying......WARNING OUT OF RANGE 76.7hz - 76.5 hz and now i cant play any games set at that resolution.....wtf can anyone help please..
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Bertster7 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

PCI-e = AGP

That's not true. The bandwidth on PCI-e is much better. A 7600 GT should run slightly better on PCI-e, but not a lot. It's not marketing bullshit, PCI-e is a better interface.

Anything faster than a 7600 GT will not run at full speed on a AGP port. There are a lot of differences between a bus system (like PCI-e) and an AGP system (which is port based, direct processor interface). The 7800 AGP cards are a complete waste of money, because AGP 8x does not have the required bandwidth for it to run properly.

Anyone who tells you AGP is as good as PCI-e doesn't know what they are talking about. PCI-e is MUCH better.

rustynutz wrote:

It is. Significantly.
Nope. PCI-e has more potential for the future, but in the current midrange generation of video cards it is not needed. Did you know that nVidia reduced the clock speeds on their 6600GT AGP cards to make the PCI-e versions seem better?

Yeah. I hung out on hardware forums for far too long.

ELITE-UK wrote:

hey i just got a problem....i tried setting the game fear to 1280*1024 resolution....but then it came up with a message saying......WARNING OUT OF RANGE 76.7hz - 76.5 hz and now i cant play any games set at that resolution.....wtf can anyone help please..
your monitor cannot support more than 75hz at that resolution, it seems. There are command line codes that you can use to change the resolution manually but I don't know what they are just now..

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-09-09 13:52:06)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

ELITE-UK wrote:

Play about with your refresh rates. Are you running a VGA or DVI monitor?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

PCI-e = AGP

rustynutz wrote:

It is. Significantly.
Nope. PCI-e has more potential for the future, but in the current midrange generation of video cards it is not needed. Did you know that nVidia reduced the clock speeds on their 6600GT AGP cards to make the PCI-e versions seem better?

Yeah. I hung out on hardware forums for far too long.
Did you know that nvidia took the 256MB PCI-e cards off the market? Because 2 of them in SLI was faster than their then high-end cards like the 6800 Ultra and a LOT cheaper.

PCI-e is quicker, for lower end cards there is no difference. For a card like the 7600GT there will be a difference (there has been in every benchmark I've ever either seen or run). The reason being that the 7600GT is approaching the bandwidth limit for AGP and the port does not always run at full capacity. You can get AGP versions of higher end cards than the 7600GT but the performance is not as good as PCI-e versions.

You are right that for lower end cards there is no difference, but once you start approaching the bandwidth limit AGP can't hack the pace.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

SargeV1.4 wrote:

your monitor cannot support more than 75hz at that resolution, it seems. There are command line codes that you can use to change the resolution manually but I don't know what they are just now..
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

There are the command line settings, that's what I run because I have to force to strange widescreen resolutions.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-09-09 14:04:33)

Aaron Lira
+1|6489

Teflon.DEP wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Teflon.DEP wrote:

nope.
Im saying I know people w/ 7600GT's running Bf2 maxed 6x AA.
Lose the aTTITUDE BITCH.

werent u bitching about Bf2 week ago, saying how 1.4 fucked u over....saying ur done...lol...i bet u feel stupid now, still here and all.
i have a evga 7600gt ko @ 600/1600 pci-e and run bf2 10by7 2xaa and runs smooth but not perfect with 10 players+ on my face 40 to 90fps mostly 60.... 40 may seem ok but not for me. 50fps+ = perfect

btw nvidia cards dont do 6xaa but 8x and is not listed in game

Last edited by Aaron Lira (2006-09-09 15:17:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard