Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6455|UK
I was just wondering what you actually think is spawn raping because to me there are types lol ;p i mean for me spawn raping means sitting there waiting for someone to spawn in front of you and you shoot them in the back but if you are capping a flag and you check the spawn i wouldn't call it illegit. So i here alot people saying noob spawn rapers and stuff but quite alot of people don't think its bad play to be walk up to a flag and if someone spawns in front of you to kill them because what else are you going to do let them turn round spot you then shoot them for sport ? i don't know about you but Ive never done that. i just wanted to know what other people count as spawn raping and whether its ok as infantry or vehicle or none or if its situational if you come up behind a spawn to get to the objective but just clear through the spawn to the flag then stay on the flag? Ive been called a raper for that stuff just because someones decided that illegitimate i dont count it as so wondering if everyone else did?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6694|Devon, England
spawn killing = killing someone the split second they spawn

base raping = hovering around a base that you aren't attempting to cap, but just get kills off of (eg: havoc at sharqi attacking the tv station)

spawn raping would be the same as base raping i bet...

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-09-09 12:26:52)

Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6452|United States
killing someone before they leave the spawn...aka karkand @ hotel flag..
jsnipy
+3,276|6525|...

having sex with salmon when they swim upstream.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

No such thing
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6762|The Netherlands
nothing wrong with camping a capable flag, for me spawnraping is only spawnraping when you camp an uncapable flag.

btw spawncamping should be alowed in any server its full bs that they make stupid rules like that seriously

Last edited by e-i-u-benjamin (2006-09-09 12:28:01)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6573|United States
Spawn raping is just hovering/parked with a car/etc. at an uncapable flag and/or capable one (with no intent on capping it) simply to rake in kill points. It's cool when you're doing it, but it does suck if its happening to you. Most people complain about it but it's part of the game and you have to deal with it. The main problem I have is when a team is having their uncapable base raped at the beginning of a game (Carrier on Wake). I join a server to PLAY a game... not sit there and get killed 20 times in a row trying to get off the carrier and/or hovering there not letting anyone spawn in. Stats/points don't mean shit.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6649
wen you rape frog spawn
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6694|Devon, England

pure_beef_69 wrote:

wen you rape frog spawn
is that possible?

how would you know whether the frogspawn is consenting or not? it might want it
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6511
Spawn raping is simply killing people when they spawn WITHOUT REGARD TO TAKING THE FLAG.

It all centers around the intent, or non-intent, to take the flag.   Go ahead and blast people who are spawning in *IF* you are trying to take, or help take, the flag.  There are a lot of grey areas here, but most people understand what that means.  There ARE a lot of people out there who just don't care about anything but their own personal kills, and they will lay there behind a spawn point and just shoot people over and over and not make any attempt to cap the flag.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6684
haha,

Spawn raping only exists in the minds of players that believe in rules of war.

For me any tactic that drops tickets is a legit tactic. Not saying I use them or do it but its legit. If a player or 2 want to sit at an uncapable and kill pilots before they can get in an aircraft or armor so be it. its helping the team. If you die at your uncappable SPAWN SOME WHERE ELSE, or do something about it. Complaining is for pussies that can't take the pressure.

The objective of a map is to win. So win at all costs... Killing an enemy = loss of tickets = win match. Others might have there own agenda on how they want to play, and so they feel that OTHERS should play the same. Guess what, you CANNOT control OTHERS so dont try.

You might THINK its a BS strat, but if you died to it guess what it worked. And if it works use it.

And if your camping a flag that you dont even want to take but the enemy is spawning there and your just killing them as they spawn, good for you, stupid for them. Just because you can spawn there it does not mean thats your base. The enemy is holding the spawns, and working on the ticket meter. Deal with it, get new strats, stop typing in game, die like a man, grow some balls.

I'm a spec ops player so if i want to take the time to go into your base and take out your assets, ill sit around and kill everyone that spawns, take your armor and really get my fun / times / kills worth while im there. Cry all you want, your the one's bitching while im killing you so obviously im doing my job.

Play for fun remember, guess what its fun for me, and i dont give 2 shits about you.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-09-09 12:54:03)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6676|Houston, Texas
spawn rape = UCB
spawn camp = Capable flag, with no intent on capping it.
incubis
+40|6647|CANADA

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

spawn rape = UCB
spawn camp = Capable flag, with no intent on capping it.
I guess I am a spawn camper you could say...If I am squad leader I will not go to close to a flag I sit back let the squad rush the flag white it then I run in as squad leader it's my job to get close tot the action while staying alive to be a spawn point for my squad. nothing I hate more the a squad leader who's dead every time I go to spawn..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard