DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6853
http://stella.prod.gamespy.com/getplaye … ;mode=base

That is where the game retrieves it's stat information from - as you can see, it has my password in it in encrypted form. (Try to unencrypted, I dare you)

If you remember, EA had a problem where the stat website, such as this one, were causing the account server to being overloaded. They had to put in a security measure which the first version of Battlefield 2 could login, but one that would stop the websites. Well, it kinda worked, a lot of them stopped - however EA setup a special server for BF2s.com.

Now they have made sure none of that will happen in Battlefield 2142 by making it so you need to have an encrypted key which is linked to your account instead of just your PID.

---

DogGunn
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6768

Interesting... but what's your point exactly? And you can still query the stats server for BF2 with some very simple PHP code, there's no authentication needed.
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6853
I know, but you need to edit the header if I remember?

My point is, that it's going to be a lot harder to make on of your stat signatures. That sort of thing.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6768

Yea you gotta edit the user agent. And I gave it a shot and you've got a point. You can no longer just fire off requests just like that... hmm.
arnonuehm
+0|6452
you don't need to edit the user agent... until now.

if you should have to edit it, it wouldn't be possible to open this page in your browser.

does someone has informations about the auth-parameter and how it is encrypted?

Last edited by arnonuehm (2006-09-09 02:30:27)

DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6853

arnonuehm wrote:

if you should have to edit it, it wouldn't be possible to open this page in your browser.
What? Were talking about the BF2 stats system requires you to change the header.

http://bf2web.gamespy.com/ - See nothing comes up because it doesn't have the right header.
arnonuehm
+0|6452
yes i know, but for 2142 stats system you don't need to change the user agent... until now.

does someone solve the "problem" with the encrypted auth-variable?
Macenthe
+2|6449|South Carolina, USA
Just curious, will there be a bf2142s.com? I personally love bf2s.com and would wish that a version be made for 2142.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6655

Macenthe wrote:

Just curious, will there be a bf2142s.com? I personally love bf2s.com and would wish that a version be made for 2142.
search
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6661|Brisbane, Australia

oh its not like he created a whole thread for it, calm down search nazi

There will not be a separate bf2142s.com, instead its going to be merged under bf2s.com
Simon Moon
+13|6676|Canada
The auth string is a special way to submit the PID (like BF2 did). I cannot tell you more details about it, but it is possible to create one on your own. The questions is, what they will do in the very end. They promised some external stats provider tools, whatever exactly that means, but it could be that they will support an open interface to query that data that will not hit the user account servers anymore.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard