JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6556|Sammamish, WA
I'd say something that's sorely needed for aircraft in BF2 is realism effects. G-force blackouts, redouts and perhaps a bit of disorientation for pilots should be added in for either overly strenuous manuvers or longer-duration crazy flying; that would help to curb some of the stunts that planes seem to pull regularly. This would, I'd say, go a long way in toning down that silly J-10 jet. While I also think that other improvements need to be made, especially in the effectiveness of AA weapons and in HP for aircraft, I think that such realism effects could go a long way in helping to balance out aircraft in BF2.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6523|Minnesota eh
agreed, that would accually be kool
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6555|Winterpeg, Canada
Tell this shit to Dice, and they'd be loke O NOES, That'll mean we're gonna have to work HARD, NOOO......besides that i'm all for it.
ValentijnR
+18|6568
you would need a stamina meter in your screen

normal pilots feel when they about to pass out.. you can't feel anything from a game...
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6556|Sammamish, WA

ValentijnR wrote:

you would need a stamina meter in your screen

normal pilots feel when they about to pass out.. you can't feel anything from a game...
Yeah, I agree. Good idea. Perhaps it could work with the player's normal stamina meter, only that when in a plane it functions a bit differently.
Jamoche
+5|6509
You have G-LOC'ed!
Please wait 5 seconds to regain consciousness.

That would be pretty cool thinking about it.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6712

DICE will NEVER do anything like this, so I suggest a mod.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6572|Hungary
Good thing...but as all of you guys know there are several good ideas and thought that could amke bf2 much more better but Dice/Ea really wont listen to the community...or im not right ?
Did someone had positive experiance with stuff like this ?
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6592|Florida
sounds cool, but as most have said, EA/DICE wont ever impliment it.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6751

JdeFalconr wrote:

I'd say something that's sorely needed for aircraft in BF2 is realism effects. G-force blackouts, redouts and perhaps a bit of disorientation for pilots should be added in for either overly strenuous manuvers or longer-duration crazy flying; that would help to curb some of the stunts that planes seem to pull regularly. This would, I'd say, go a long way in toning down that silly J-10 jet. While I also think that other improvements need to be made, especially in the effectiveness of AA weapons and in HP for aircraft, I think that such realism effects could go a long way in helping to balance out aircraft in BF2.
I foresee a whole lote of [Name] Is no more.

But nevertheless a very realistic and manageble idea. It would sure stop pilots from performing Top Gun moves too many times.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6753|Comber, Northern Ireland
after pulling some big manouvers, it could go like you have been stunned by a nade or tear gas
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6660
thats a really good idea, i hope they read this
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6704|Tampa Bay Florida
Exactly.... this is pure genius.... you don't have to WATCH your character black out on screen, you can actually BLACK OUT!!!  Ok, Dice makes this super expensive thing that plugs up to the computer.  Meanwhile, you have to buy the feeding tube and plug it up your arm.... then, everytime you black out in game, the thing feeds you some drugs... and you pass out for maybe 5-10 seconds.  It's GENIUS!!!!!!!!!  GG
Mad Ad
+178|6525|England, UK
just cloud the vision from the edges inwards, from about 5G until your pulling max G and can only actually see out of a pinhole in the center.

that way on meduim g turns you start to miss their trails on the outer parts of your screen, until theres so much G you cant see anything but tiny section of the screen until you back off and regain control.
MonroStrongrod
+4|6620|Sacramento, California
This game is an arcade style shooter, not much realism in the one man tank crews and 8 ft parachute landings. if you wanted to make jets more realistic in their controls and effects on the body, then everyone would cry about tanks not needing crew of lav's driving and shooting. I think the style of game play fine  (except for all those damn bugs) the way it is. I want to be able to corkscrew turn with my afterburners blazing away as I loop around and mock physics and human tolerances, its fun!
Jedikiah
+6|6456
These are all sound suggestions.. but from my personal experience, turning up the power on the stinger and other anti-aircraft weapons will yield the results you seek. I've personally witnessed someone firing multiple missiles at a chopper and it did not destroy the craft. In actual usage, one missile should either damage it beyond a point so its unmanageable to fly or destroy it outright. Too many times have AA gunners been charged by cobras in this game because the pilot knows he wont die even if he is hit by both missiles provided his armor is full when the attack begins

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard