Spiderman696
+12|6616
I played yesterday on an "no vehicle", ranked Karkand server.
And as I placed my claymores I realized,  that FF for clays was on. So they explodec, as soon a friendli soldier entered the radius. But the teammates were NOT KILLED. I tried it afterwards by myself and saw, that I only took two bars of damage. I did this a few times in various angles but always took just two damage. In the same round I did some enemy kills by claymores. So the worked perfectly.
What I could not test was the situation where a friendly and a enemy were in the blast radius.

Was this bug? A new (very nice) idea from EA in patch 1.4 ?
I think it is very good feature. You can place claymores and the FF is still on. But you do not get TKs all day long.
Anyone seen it too?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

I think the server admin set the mine FF to on and turned the mine FF splash damage to 0 or 2 or something. So they detonate when friendlies run infront, but don't damage.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6514|Sverige (SWE)
I had claymore trouble yeastier day to on Jihallabad there the claymores didn't even exploded....
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

I think the server admin set the mine FF to on and turned the mine FF splash damage to 0 or 2 or something. So they detonate when friendlies run infront, but don't damage.
FF for mines can be turned on or off.

Friendly fire for Soldier fire, soldier splash, vehicle fire, vehicle splash can be set to any percentage.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6547|Florida
Ive escaped death of claymores as well lately.  Not friendly mines, but I jumped over the wall into the flag area at Jilalkjlkhjlalhelndlalbad to see a mine facing my direction.  I didnt land directly in front of it, I was off to the side and it only took out about half of my health.  I was surprised to see that.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

liquidat0r wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Friendly fire for Soldier fire, soldier splash, vehicle fire, vehicle splash can be set to any percentage.
That's what I said >.>
Chou
+737|6760
So I placed 1 claymore, walked away in front of it and it exploded but didn't kill me so what's the use of this?
Spiderman696
+12|6616

liquidat0r wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Thank you very much. I did not know, that the server admin has so many options to change. I thought just FF for mines/clays ON or OFF.

I think this should be done more often. Reduce the FF damage from clays. But not turn OFF the FF. So you can not claymore-whore any more. But you can use them! I usualy hate FF from claymores. The moment you use them to protect your sniperspot, you get a punished TK from a stupid noob.

+1 for you.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

That's what I said >.>
but i said it better
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

What he said, a server admin can manage the amount of % percentage teamdamage your fire/explosion does, ranging from 0 to 200 %, he probably set it to a low percentage
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany

RDMC(2) wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

What he said, a server admin can manage the amount of % percentage teamdamage your fire/explosion does, ranging from 0 to 200 %, he probably set it to a low percentage
https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/MajorBlindfisch/jay.gif
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Ive actually just had this on SF. FF was off though, yet any friendly claymore blew up when I went near it. I dont recall playing on a no FF server prior to 1.4 so I dont know if this is new or old.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany

Snake wrote:

Ive actually just had this on SF. FF was off though, yet any friendly claymore blew up when I went near it. I dont recall playing on a no FF server prior to 1.4 so I dont know if this is new or old.
Could be another thing:
Claymores blow up,FF on or not,when an empty vehicle rolls towards them.

This is how I still get teamkills even with FF for mines off,some dude in a FAV drives to the flag with full speed,jumps out,the rolling jeep triggers the claymore and kills the guy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard