hordi74
+16|6465|Capital City of Nds, Germany

killa_karnickl wrote:

Some electronic stores or game shops offer such a scrap cleaning on dvds or cds.

Just look around and ask!

And then kill her with the dvd >)
the old one!
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6806|Portland, OR, USA

To be honest, I'd just warez it. Totally legal (I think) as you own the game.

And I'm speaking as a user here, not as a mod. Oh, and no, I won't tell you (nor will anyone else *glare*) where or how to warez it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6527

Viper007Bond wrote:

And I'm speaking as a user here, not as a mod. Oh, and no, I won't tell you (nor will anyone else *glare*) where or how to warez it.
Oh don't worry Viper, I already know that part ;] For the fridge part, are you nuts?! The magnets'll just rip the data off in seconds! As for the toothpaste and gel, forget about it! those things will just melt off into the cd tray and probably land on something valuable like my 1tb hd! xD But as for the finding some shop that'll let me use their cd and give them like 5$ then I'm up for it, but I'm broke haha. oh and i got back at her last night ^_^

I threw some constipation medicine in her chicken soup ;] she'll be going for HOURS! hahahaha.

Oh and I found out another way.

Copy all files from cd1, .cab files from 2 and 3. Burn it onto a dvd with the label BF2CD1. Re config the autorun.ini file, and it should work. Haven't tried it yet, but when i get home from work I'll try it out =] other then that, I'm stuck with downloading it and anti******** it xD ( * in place of characters so others can't figure it out ;] )

But thanks for all of your help! =]
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6624|Camp XRay

why not just make an iso image of the cd? if course if you can do that then you should be able just to use it. or you could always find a cheap copy on ebay and just use your old key. even better find
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
Dude. What was she doing in you wanki.. *cough* er.... computer room........ yeah. thats the one...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6736|Salt Lake City

Geese dude, places like Hollywood video offer disk buffing for as low as $.99 per disk.  I'm sure you can spare a dollar to go get your disk repaired.

As to not wanting to buy the disk repair kits they offer, anyone that has a collection of games, movies, music, and other personal CD/DVD disks and don't have one, should really have their head examined anyway.
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6527
I have better things to do then try to fix my cds when I can just make copies of them... how hard is that to understand?
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6702|Little Rock, Arkansas

BlackPlague wrote:

For the fridge part, are you nuts?! The magnets'll just rip the data off in seconds!
As a CD/DVD is an OPTICAL media, not magnetic (like, say, a hard drive, or a 3.5" floppy), a magnet will have no effect on it whatsoever. All a CD is is a piece of plastic with tiny dots on it that the laser reads.
MECtallica
+73|6505|jalalabad
https://www.urban-legends.ukf.net/knife%20in%20skull.gif
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6544|Boise, Idaho
get record now and make an exact copy if it still reads the disk completely.
APortillo
+21|6513|California, USA
google ISO
Ledg
+2|6443|Brisbane, Australia
Two words.... Mr Sheen

Just goto your local supermarket, cleaning section and grab some Mr Sheen, spay it on, wipe it off (with a clean, lint free cloth) and it will be as good as its going to get!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Viper007Bond wrote:

Yea, you buy the key really.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA

BlackPlague wrote:

My niece came over and started frizbeeing my cd's all over the place!!! She scratched up my bf2 cd >_< that brat! Is there anyway I can make a copy of it?

MODERATORS - THIS WILL ONLY BE USED FOR HELPFUL INFORMATION.
A beating would be in order. kids...pffffft.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Towelly wrote:

Caxcal wrote:

MOUNT it on a virtual drive
At some point in the near feature you won't be able to use virtual drives, so I wouldn't suggest it.
lies... any software that is made to stop you using them is countered by other software, eg sd4hide stops some games detecting the Virtual Drive thus allowing you to play them.

Ofcourse people shouldnt be using these softwares unless they already own a copy of the game, otherwise that would be breaking the law .
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

PseudoX13 wrote:

i read somewhere that hair gel will fill in the scratches... some guy tested all the wacky toothpaste-esque methods and the one that worked was hair gel. I've never tried it, so I dunno.
Well i can tell you that wouldnt work if a CD is properly scratched and not just a tiny scratch that has meant the laser gets refracted at a strange angle, if the scratch goes through to the writing material it wont work because actual parts of the data will be missing.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-09-08 06:08:36)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6679|Broadlands, VA

|-->KN<--| wrote:

Someone with crappy less tnan 3000 point stats in 100 hours doesn't need a new disk.
He should try another game.
Cos BF2 obviously is not for him...
Oh, that's nice.  That's really nice.  Oh my gooses, not everyone can sit around and play a game for 8 hours a day.  We are SOOOOOOOooooooooo  Sorry we have sullied you battlefield with our presence.

Be constructive or be gone.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA

|-->KN<--| wrote:

Someone with crappy less tnan 3000 point stats in 100 hours doesn't need a new disk.
He should try another game.
Cos BF2 obviously is not for him...

off topic wrote:

Man you got negative ratios on everything except claymores ...
Thats a really fuckheaded response. But you knew that when you typed it.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846
Jeeze,

I have a bloody 2 inch crack from the middle of my disc, through and through. I still get it to work, seriously though if your disk has scratches on it, it'll be fine.

Unless your using a DVD-ROM
|-->KN<--|
+13|6682|Schlacht um Stalingrad

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Oh, that's nice.  That's really nice.  Oh my gooses, not everyone can sit around and play a game for 8 hours a day.  We are SOOOOOOOooooooooo  Sorry we have sullied you battlefield with our presence.

Be constructive or be gone.
It was constructive I told him to stop playing BF2...
You can read friend, or am I wrong?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6757|Hell, p.o box 666

Since the topicstarter has prooven himself as an overkill asshole (dont want to bother you with details) this one here is closed.

And @KN: you have a weird opinion about constructive replies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard