Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6760|Toronto, ON

Bloody Sky wrote:

Actually I like Tank Whoring SOMETIMES. It can be kind of fun. I know I tank whored to easilly get my Expert Spec Ops 40 kills in one round. And as CMDR_Dave can tell you, when I tank whore, I can tank whore with the best of them!
One time I had like 46 kills and 13 Deaths tank whoring with CMDR_Dave in the server and my squad. He didn't really talk that much that round. Either he was jealous or he hated me for being a cheap tank whoring bastard.

I got called a hacker after that round, of course (there is always SOMEONE that is just WAITING to call someone a hacker!) but Dave was there to back me up.
Then I played like normal (like I usually do), just running around as Spec Ops, killing people.

I guess you CAN say Tank Whores have no skill. But that's a bit harsh. I like APCs more than Tanks though. So I guess I'm a Armor whore, then. But no skill? I have skill..... but I just like to have fun sometimes to, by getting in a big armored monstor and blowing people to Hell.
Wow that sucks, I've gotten better ratios on foot.  47-2 on Dragon Valley with Type 88 Sniper Rifle and Knife.
Alpha as fuck.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6746

ChiefCrash wrote:

seriously, if they make an ANTI-TANK kit, a tank is nothing big.  annoying? sure.  harder to kill?  of course. 

and on the n00b tubers:  the grenade launcher is a WEAPON.  if some guy nails me from 50 yards out with the thing, i'd be freakin' impressed.  the little lackey bunnyhoping around shootin' grenades at my feet from 5 feet, not so much respect.  annoying?  hell ya.  but that guy sure as HELL ain't gettin me twice.
Agreed.  Probably the biggest issue with most people's arguments about tanks is that they don't realize the armor varies based on the location.  Top and rear shots are the BEST, Side shots second, and front hits are worse.  I can't tell you how many times I see stupid people try to take on armor in situations where they should not and end up getting pasted by the 120mm.  Always try to get a side or rear (top shots are rare).  The second thing people don't realize is the stength that the n00b-tube has against armor.  7 rear or side shots kills a full health TANK!  This is a lot of hits for 1 person, but you would be surprised as how many tankers (at least the smart ones) will retreat.   Once you get a tank to half health, they are ripe for an insta-kill by an AT missile.  I have played good squads were I will come in and get blasted by 'nade launchers and standard grenades.  I see my armor going down fast enough for me to back off and either wait for support, artillery, or go for an easier target.

The lesson?  Denial of a piece or real estate is still a valid and underutilized tactic that buys you and your team some time.  That can be time to allow the TOW to respawn or for somebody to show up as AT or SpecFor.

- Beatdown
bs6749
+3|6752

CMDR_Dave wrote:

x2! 
We need more cowbell!
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6759|Cohog, RI

Michael82 wrote:

Ok

II don't remember Iraqi soldiers in the golf war, calling Bush saying "your tanks are too strong for us, let us have better weapons to kill them with. Our AK-47's don't work".
Oh this guy is my hero!    Tank Whores Unite!
Tcx_1
+3|6748|Alberta, Canada
Really the only people who complain about "tank whores" are those who are unable to kill a tank in any way shape or form.
If you are playing on Karkand as MEC and the tank just camps the hotel spawns...spawn at square as AT and go kill him.  Or spawn as Spec Ops at square and c4 or even jihad jeep him.
I played against this guy that only used the tank in over 5 rounds of playing, so I constantly jihad-jeeped (but without killing myself) him until he wouldnt get in the tank anymore.
I just suggest learning the AT kit ASAP, its easily the best kit to defend the hotel with as MEC.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6728
Yeah right, tank whoring is sooo easy when a dozen ATs hides behind the buildings in karkand and is ready to fire at you any time

Every tank can get killed. If you can't do it there's just 2 options to consider for you: Either the tank player is too good for you or you just suck at taking down tanks.
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6846|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee

Michael82 wrote:

Golf war.
Golf war?...is that like the Ryder Cup???
jools
+-1|6816|a galaxy far, far away....

Michael82 wrote:

[snip]the golf war[snip]
This sounds SOOOOOOOOOO funny...

About tank whoring, well, it sucks (just like ANY kind of whoring). It's ok if one goes tank for a while or when chance calls for it, but when one sticks to the same vehicle (or to the same cheap-ass tactics) all the time, he's just a whore no matter what.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6738|Uhh... erm...
When there's a tank/APC nearby, and I'm a Medic, I like to rush up to it and laugh as they think I'm Spec. Ops and try to get rid of me. Or if I have the chance, I'll hop onto the turret and do a little dance as they freak out.
Icleos
+101|6750

atlvolunteer wrote:

As I posted in the other identical thread (again, why did you create two identical threads?):
If you don't like it, you have three options (at least)
1. get in a tank and kill his ass
2. spawn as AT and kill his ass
3. spawn as spec. ops and kill his ass
Did I miss any?
Forgot the TOW.
KnifeWhore
+1|6761|USA
ok the only thing is i get pissed after being spawn raped by a tank and its r last spawn even if i spawn enginer, antitank, or specops i am not given a nuff life to get away in time to get him. and they should go to the flag if they think they have the skills to deffend there selfs while they take it.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6746

dobbs wrote:

Michael82 wrote:

Ok

II don't remember Iraqi soldiers in the golf war, calling Bush saying "your tanks are too strong for us, let us have better weapons to kill them with. Our AK-47's don't work".
Oh this guy is my hero!    Tank Whores Unite!
I see people constantly making comparisions between this game and real war.  They really need to stop especially when they start talking about game balance.  Before you can even TRY to make a comparison, you have to use a conflict where BOTH sides were on equal footing.  It is ridiculous to try to use the Iraqi wars.

Right from the beginning, there was NO LEVEL PLAYING FIELD between the Iraqi and the US armed forces.  Not in the Gulf War or Iraqi Freedom.  In logistics, strategic, tactical, resource, and most important...weapons capabilities, the Iraqi military under Sadam Hussain did not stand a chance without the direct intervention of Allah himself.  This was the case even if you made a tank to tank comparison because the T72 was absolutely no match for the M1A1 MBT.  This was the case with a air to air comparison because most of Iraq's air power was extremely outdated and they only had a small number of their most advanced fighters, the Mig-29.  Iraq has/had no attack helos.  No Stealth fighters.  No AWACs.  No JSTARs.  No spy sats.  No cruise missiles.  The list goes on and on and on.  PLEASE stop trying to make a comparison of Battlefield 2 against two of the most lopsided conflicts since Germany invaded Poland.  PLEEEAAASE.

This is a game people.
In REAL life, tanks commanders don't roll up into cities alone like they are juggernauts of invincibility.
In REAL life, it only takes a single $50,000 AT missile to destroy/incapacitate a $4 million dollar modern tank.
In REAL life, it only takes a single $37,000 Stinger missile to swat a $15 million dollar Apache.
In REAL life, it only takes a single $37,000 Stinger missile to swat a $32 millsion dollar F-18.  (Getting the point?)
In REAL life, it only takes 1 bullet to kill a person.  Not 2 or 3 or 4.  Just...one.

In contrast...
In REAL life, an unshaped C4 charge won't even warm the metal on a modern tank.
In REAL life, an M203 grenade won't scratch a modern tank.
In REAL life, a grenade won't even be noticed in a modern tank.
In REAL life, shock paddles don't bring you back from a 3-round burst to the chest and with 100% health.

A game is supposed to be a fun activity, not a lesson in frustration.  That requires balance at the expense of some realism.  Even though I agree with the notion that tank balance is pretty good, it is NOT because of a real life comparison with the Iraq wars.

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2005-12-03 14:35:22)

GTKtino
+0|6778
My opinion on guys that kick ass with tank is: they have skill, its not like they can just take a tank and get massive amount of points, I see people get the tanks all the time and cant do a damn thing with it, so If you come across a skilled tank driver dont bitch,

And any skilled player will take out a tank with no problems, and a squad working together will make tank whores not want to get in the tank again, for that time while playing against them.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6851|Bryan/College Station, TX
Imagine the flame war if in this game 1 bullet killed you when it hit you center mass or in the head?
I don't think many would be playing this game but at least no one would be whining about realism. Instead they would whining about it being too hard and then wanting hit areas on arms and legs with separate armor values and crap and more crap.

Bottom line. No one will be happy 100% so do the best you can and hope for the best.

Assholes will still be assholes, whiney ass brats will still be whiney ass brats (or at least until their parents grow a spine and discipline their child)  and players who just want to have fun will continue to have fun.

The End.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
SargeJp
+87|6758|Canada
bf2 is no skills game at all. look at {TA}firestorm seriously he sucks but he is in the top10. he just played a lot in strike at karkand to spawn people
dan500
+57|6855
My sig says it all

But I would NEVER tk for a tank, and since i been playing on SF, i only been in tank for like 2 hours
Vic_Mackie
+1|6728
Turtle wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

As I posted in the other identical thread (again, why did you create two identical threads?):
        If you don't like it, you have three options (at least)
        1. get in a tank and kill his ass
        2. spawn as AT and kill his ass
        3. spawn as spec. ops and kill his ass
        Did I miss any?

4. Spawn as Engineer and kill his ass. (This one takes skill)

To the original poster.. Killing teammates for vehicles is unacceptable, let him kill you and punish 3 times. Problem kicked. Other than that. There are tanks, they have large guns, they will kill you if you don't mind them.

5.  STFU and go to a different server....
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6758|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

Vic_Mackie wrote:

There are tanks, they have large guns, they will kill you if you don't mind them.
Wait...what was that?!

Tanks have large GUNS?! Is THAT why they keep shooting at me?!

And here, all this time, I thought tanks held water for the cattle, especially in Texas.
Mosh
+2|6751
let me be the first to say:

Someone died in a BF2 Zone...
slidero
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6668 … 2464yd.jpg oh my

why do people have so much anger
Kingswat
+0|6763

LuGia wrote:

I just played Strike A Karkand, and some dumb NOOBISH clan named iLL.bf2 just tanked whoring the whole server.

A F U C K E D up player named Kuddel ( Gay bird ), made 86 points as a tank ONLY.
Tank is soooo easy, and if you went to close at the tank spawn, he just shoot you.
He TEAMKILLED and TANK WHORING and think he was good. "Hi my name is Kuddel, I am a big fat nerd. I am in a clan named iLL.bf2. and I just teamkill all my players if they may take the tank. And I am just whoring around like a Hill Billy and WOW ! I must be good, coz I got a lot of kill in that tank"

Do any people in here, feel the same way about tank fuckers ? I hate them so much.

No combat skills or teamwork... Tsk
DO NOT FLAME. I just asked
Actually, tanks are only good if they are used properly with infantry support, especially on karkand and other urban maps, otherwise you get screwed.
faust82
+0|6794|Sykkylven, Norway
Agreeing with Kingswat here. Without infantery support, you're screwed.

Now, tanks don't annoy me that much. Their main cannon has a very limited fire rate, so they can't just fill a spawn point with fragments like the damn APC's can. They pretty much rely on their coaxial machine gun and the turret .50 for infantery kills. Tanks are there mainly to provide the infantery with cover from other vehicles.

APC's though, are specially designed for frontline infantery combat, and it's nice to see people use them like they're meant to. Still, it IS annoying when you have three APC's centered around your last remaining spawn point, filling the entire spawn area with flying fragments so no spawning person get more than a 1 second life span. That means spawning as AT is utterly useless, since you'll never get time to fire. This can't be defended from a teamwork point of view either, since the cloud of death prevents your team from going in and getting the flag. This situation is why the support class was created, people. To give precise infantery supppression during a flag capture.

So, what is it the old and grumpy Faust wants to teach you today? By all means, use the tanks and APC's all you want. I don't mind as long as I get a chance to get two meters from my spawn location before bursting into a bloodless BF2 invisible meat cloud. Have the decency to at least give your own team a chance to win too. Nothing pisses me off more than being unable to take a flag due to people on my own team trying to see how much steel it's possible to have airborne at the same time.

/rant

Oh, and LuGia? Tanks are utterly useless in Karkand, since the second they go down a street, there's an AT fucker on a roof spoiling the fun. No AT fucker on the roof you say? Blame your own damn team, or better yet, yourself. If you notice there's no AT guys, and you don't become one, who's fault is it there's no AT dude?
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6738|Uhh... erm...
Actually, I find using a tank properly takes some skill, seeing as whenever I get in armor, I promptly blow up. When it comes to ranks, it comes down to this: If his cannon won't get you, his machine gun will.
Fearnight
+0|6743
Plane/Helo whores > Tank whores
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6751
Please.  All you fuckers who say that "Any skilled person can kill a tank by himself!"  Or "Golly gee, get a squad together!" Or "Tanks are the best thing to come along since sliced bread!"  Are either tank whores, have an ego inflated to the size of an elephant, or are just plain stupid (Tanks would blow the bread up, whereas sliced bread you can actually eat!)

No player, skilled or not, can kill a tank when they're getting killed the instant they respawn.
No player, skilled or not, can whip a squad together and make them all spawn AT.  Some people are idiots.
No player, skilled or not, can kill a tank on their own when they're getting killed the instant they respawn.
No player, skilled or not, can lightly toast and slice bread with a tank.  It's burnt and in a million pieces, or you're a bad shot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard