Banned
+34|6745|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
somehow my oints dont add up i have 28000 right now but my
teamwork is about 6000
combat is about 22000
and comnader about 4000
this totals up to 32000?
i have 4000 less points
is this how its upposed to happen?????? or what??????
u can click the stats sig on the botom to check my scores

Last edited by sparklet (2005-12-04 09:12:37)

AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6821|Germany
that is normal.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

They never have. For anyone. Nobody knows the exact mystery of how global score exists. It's SOME kind of formula, but no thread here (and there have been two or three threads, please search next time) have figured it out.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6774|Kansas, USA
Most of the difference can be found by deducting your negative points:

2 x Suicides
4 x Team Kills
2 x Team damage
2 x Team vehicle damage

It still doesn't quite add up, but it will be VERY close. In your case (with current stats at the time I wrote this) the difference is only 105.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6842|Germany / Saxony
I thought the "x2-bonus" for cmd.points doesen´t count to global score, only to cmd.score.
And this with the minus-points for tk´s ect. is right..
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6753|United States of America
I hate the stats, great fun to tease friends who suck on here (worse than i am) but when it screws up, everything goes out the window with it.

Last edited by Miller (2005-12-04 11:03:26)

Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6725|Germany

another reason:
your combat score is the number of kills x2, but: arty kills count, but not as global points
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790
It's easy.

Combat score = Global score - Commander Score - Teamwork score.

Bingo.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6725|Germany

aardfrith wrote:

It's easy.

Bingo.
My stats:
Global: 8823
Team: 1183
Combat: 4626
Commander: 5844

8823 - 1183 - 5844 = 1796 and not 4626
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6718
When you kill someone with the artillery it will add +2 to the combat score but 0 to the global score. That's why the scores seem to be weird.
DeadJim
+19|6745|Valencia, California

aardfrith wrote:

It's easy.

Bingo.
You should take a moment and fire up a calulator..

based on your stats:

[Global]    -  [Command]  -    [Team]   =  [Combat]
16,663     -       2,739      -     5,978     =    7946

But your Combat score is actually 9320.

There remains a delta of 1,374 points.
DeadJim
+19|6745|Valencia, California

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

When you kill someone with the artillery it will add +2 to the combat score but 0 to the global score. That's why the scores seem to be weird.
That is the first logical conclusion I've heard on this topic.  Phenominal..  That explains a few things - I've noticed in retrospect that the global score drift is more prevelant with people with higher command scores.  It also opens up an potential new stat value for BF2s (Hell, if Chuy can drop in a CPM field - he can easily drop in a Artillary Kills stat based on ABS([Score Delta])  / 2.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6718

DeadJim wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

That is the first logical conclusion I've heard on this topic.  Phenominal..  That explains a few things - I've noticed in retrospect that the global score drift is more prevelant with people with higher command scores.  It also opens up an potential new stat value for BF2s (Hell, if Chuy can drop in a CPM field - he can easily drop in a Artillary Kills stat based on ABS([Score Delta])  / 2.
Hmm right, i think i'm gonna request that. Would be nice to have an artillery kills stat
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6817|ATX
I could be totally off base with this one but here goes...

Before the lastest patches, kills counted for Commander (and they kinda still do in your global stats, just don't show up in the in-game summary...)  so... you kill someone but don't get points for it in game, you just get the calculated Commander points (and if you rock, the x2). 
Now you go to your stats page and do some quick math you can figure out your Combat score by multiplying your total global kills by 2 (number of points you get per kill) and you will see your Combat score.  For instance I have killed 6313 people and my Combat score is 12626.  But some of them were as Commander and since you can't get both Commander points and regular combat points while in the game, there's some overlap...

Clear as mud?

So... you killed people as Commander, they are included in your Total kills, you double your total kills to get your Combat Score, but you don't get to count those kills towards your Global Score...

Questions?

On a side note, I think the Teamwork Points works the same way but it's too confusing (with all the different ways to get the points minus Teamkills (with and without punishes), Team Damage, etc. ) to calculate.

Like I said, I may be way off base, but that's my take on it.

[Edit] I just re-read what Ub3r-ElitE wrote, and that's basically what I am saying but it also would include regular kills you make as a Commander.

Last edited by Clayton_Bigsby (2005-12-05 10:08:34)

Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6718

Clayton_Bigsby wrote:

[Edit] I just re-read what Ub3r-ElitE wrote, and that's basically what I am saying but it also would include regular kills you make as a Commander.
Right, that's one point i haven't thought about

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard