Poll

Are you currently in a clan?

Yes51%51% - 143
No48%48% - 136
Total: 279
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6477|Cambridge, UK

Not exaclty a BF2 clan - but a CZ clan with 6 members that also play BF2.
We have a private BF2 TS channel that makes it more fun when were in a squad together
and we have pubilc and privaet forums that BF2 stuff gets chatted about...

So its Yes(ish)
megaboost
+14|6708|Englandshire
I was in a clan for a while and it was nice to have a regular server with sensible players who all worked towards the same goal as a team, unfortunately I couldn't devote enough of my time to scheduled things like training and matches due to an erratic work pattern so I dropped out to make room for others who could give more back.

I'd like to join a clan again but mainly for the banter, Teamspeak, reliable server and gameplay rather than for the perceived kudos and matches etc.

Last edited by megaboost (2006-09-07 07:12:48)

Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6565|Grand Rapids, MI
I'm in the Old Goat Gamers

www.oldgoatgamers.com

I'm really kind of shocked by how many people are not in a clan (based on the poll vote). From my experience, I think it's hard to break into one, but after you are all "joined-up" you end up staying with one, or going from clan to clan with the same people.

For those of you who say that you want to be in a clan, just find a server you like, visit their web site, and get your ass in TS. Let people get to know you a little better. If it turns out you don't like the people who are in TS, leave and find an other server, if you do like them, and they show a similar interest in you, then they'll probably get around to asking you. It's just a matter of finding a place that is fun for you. The most important thing is just having the balls to start trying.

Good Luck!
TangsterChinkz
Banned
+14|6594|Pwning u n00bs
I think its better to be in a clan and play with your clan mates..because then u can communicate and u wont have some fags there who dont know what there doing....

Plus i do play with other people who are not in my clan but who are also good team players
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6784|Denmark
not since 1.3, cause I couldnt play.. fortunatly I can play again now..
jickes
+5|6468|Baltimore MD
yea i liek the whole clan experience. we have our own server and it makes it more enjoyable to play with people you know. and teamwork skills are also better i think.
Dweezie83
+1|6468|Pensacola Beach, FL
I'm not in a clan but part of a community, clans are welcome to join r servers and be apart of our community, we run a 32 ply kubra and a 64 player karkand, *BROS* community, msg me on xfire (envyous) if you would like to know a lil info about us and our website
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6821|Barrington, RI
yes, Seal Team 6 =ST6=

I love it here and wouldn't think of joining another clan. TS/vent really helps with the teamwork aspect of the game, especaiily when you have to pub it on a server with no in-game VOIP.
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6572
Clans are nothing but trouble.
Chillin&killin
+27|6700|Manchester,England
no but i wouldn't mind being in one
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

yes, hostile faction
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6704|In You Endo- Stoke
I am but its not a serious one,just a few friends wearing clan tags.We used to play other games properly as a clan but not so much anymore.Also not using them for 2142 to much hassle.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6510|England

Chillin&killin wrote:

no but i wouldn't mind being in one

[SaS] Strategic Assault Squad , always looking for good players.

and yeah i'm in [SaS] bf2 leader!

Click this Link for the site.

Last edited by LostFate (2006-09-07 09:13:17)

Lionbeat
+9|6671|LONDON

=CA=lamcrmbem wrote:

I am.  I got to the point playing BF2 that I wished I knew more people who played it.  I found my squad and its great.  It's a laid back group who play for fun.  We compete a little on 8v8 TWL but mostly just fun.  I have a wife and two kids as well and like many don't have the time to play as much as I would like.  However, when I do get the chance, I have a home server, and a group of friends on TeamSpeak that are generally around.  Always more fun to play with a few people you know!
Is your signature meant to be ironic?

The Christian Armada?!

wtf?

I might start The Muslim Insurrectionist clan.

Mmmmmm, tasty.

Anyway, I play in JEEP, but we're not a real clan, there's only two of us regularly, plus some mates who play together as often as possible. We team up with SHED quite a bit, but not enough. It's def better playing as a team...
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6475|San Diego, CA

Lionbeat wrote:

=CA=lamcrmbem wrote:

I am.  I got to the point playing BF2 that I wished I knew more people who played it.  I found my squad and its great.  It's a laid back group who play for fun.  We compete a little on 8v8 TWL but mostly just fun.  I have a wife and two kids as well and like many don't have the time to play as much as I would like.  However, when I do get the chance, I have a home server, and a group of friends on TeamSpeak that are generally around.  Always more fun to play with a few people you know!

The Christian Armada?!

wtf?

Mmmmmm, tasty.

Anyway, I play in JEEP, but we're not a real clan, there's only two of us regularly, plus some mates who play together as often as possible. We team up with SHED quite a bit, but not enough. It's def better playing as a team...
Hehehehe, No not to be ironic.  We're a Christian based clan...I'm not a founding member, relatively new (4-5 months).  I'm guessing its just a play on words to come-up with something war-like....ya know! :-)  We're really laid back.  More in it for the fun than anything.  Great group of people.  And no....you don't have to be a christian to join.  Those are just some of the values we try to adhere to as a squad.
Simon
basically
+838|6683|UK
Yeah, ~)BH(~
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6552|London (At Heart)

|TOP| rules ok?
SGT.Slayero
+98|6490|Life in a vacuum sucks
no clan for me yet
Lionbeat
+9|6671|LONDON

=CA=lamcrmbem wrote:

Lionbeat wrote:

=CA=lamcrmbem wrote:

The Christian Armada?!

wtf?

Mmmmmm, tasty.

Hehehehe, No not to be ironic.  We're a Christian based clan...I'm not a founding member, relatively new (4-5 months).  I'm guessing its just a play on words to come-up with something war-like....ya know! :-)  We're really laid back.  More in it for the fun than anything.  Great group of people.  And no....you don't have to be a christian to join.  Those are just some of the values we try to adhere to as a squad.
lol - Yeh, the values of being a christian armada endorsing pictures of soldiers firing a machine gun into some suburban middle eastern hotspot with our name!

Sorry - I sound like I'm being really ridiculous, but I'm slightly perturbed by your iconography...

Also - sorry to derail the thread...

Ignore me if you like.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6868|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I'm the FeverClan European divison leader. Though the clan is not fully active yet.
RichyCizzo
+9|6503|Florida
Hell yes it does. WE don't do the whole bullshit clan scrims and stuff. We are simply a group of people who play the game and enjoy it. We work as a team you know? And you learn new stuff from each person. Great fun to plan stuff in ventrilo and then have it work out as planned in game.
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6475|San Diego, CA

Lionbeat wrote:

=CA=lamcrmbem wrote:

Lionbeat wrote:

The Christian Armada?!

wtf?

Mmmmmm, tasty.

lol - Yeh, the values of being a christian armada endorsing pictures of soldiers firing a machine gun into some suburban middle eastern hotspot with our name!

Sorry - I sound like I'm being really ridiculous, but I'm slightly perturbed by your iconography...

Also - sorry to derail the thread...

Ignore me if you like.
Honestly, I never thought about that before...I may have to re-look my sig.  My reasons for that picture is that I was in the 1st Cavalry division and in Baghdad from '04-'05.  Those soldiers are from the 1st CAV during the fight for NAJAF (that's the cemetary where the Mahdi army was holding up).  I thought it would be a cool pic for BF2 plus it hold special meaning for me.  However, I never thought about it in connection with the CA motto and goals.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention...I may have to change it.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6616|Your attic

elmo1337 wrote:

TangsterChinkz wrote:

Yes i am, And its |TOP|
Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6468
No, I'm not in a clan either.

I have a hard enough time staying in a squad. Some days, if I'm in a squad, and don't do so well, I feel like I've let my squad members down. Those are the days I'm a lone wolf. Other times I don't care and chalk it up to casualties of war.

Oh well, good post though. I was wondering the same thing. Looks like the "No's" are leading the "Yes's", so now I don't feel like I'm socially retarded.

l8,
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6648|Camp XRay

Towelly wrote:

elmo1337 wrote:

TangsterChinkz wrote:

Yes i am, And its |TOP|
never heard of you guys
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard