Chou
+737|6800
First install BF2 and after that you install SF.
When you're done with that, patch Full 1.4, done.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6555|Doncaster, UK
Depending on what version of BF2 you have, you may have to install BF2, patch 1.4, install SF and AF, then repatch 1.4.

I think SF needs a certain version of BF2 to install (1.2 I think) so if you have an early version of BF2 you will have to patch 1.4 straight after BF2 and then again after installing the expansion packs.

Doc
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6521
well it patched itself to 1.1 good old days now i will try the full 1.4 if this dont work...
Chou
+737|6800

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Depending on what version of BF2 you have, you may have to install BF2, patch 1.4, install SF and AF, then repatch 1.4.

I think SF needs a certain version of BF2 to install (1.2 I think) so if you have an early version of BF2 you will have to patch 1.4 straight after BF2 and then again after installing the expansion packs.

Doc
If I install BF2 and patch 1.4 before installing SF.. Sf will repatch it to 1.2 so just reinstall the whole package and patch 1.4 for final result
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6511|Houston, TX
I have played SF with no problems after patching.  If you go to reinstall SF....install vanilla first, then go to install SF.  It will automatically patch your game to 1.2, then after SF installs....run the 1.4 patch
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6521

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

I have played SF with no problems after patching.  If you go to reinstall SF....install vanilla first, then go to install SF.  It will automatically patch your game to 1.2, then after SF installs....run the 1.4 patch
yes thats wot im currently doing hope it works
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6555|Doncaster, UK

Choumichel wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Doc
If I install BF2 and patch 1.4 before installing SF.. Sf will repatch it to 1.2 so just reinstall the whole package and patch 1.4 for final result
I seem to remember my SF refusing to install because it need 1.2 (or something) so I had to patch up and then install. But then again, installation of BF2 seems to be different for everyone who does it so each to their own and good luck.
X3M*Selkie
+13|6587|Belgium
I just installed the patch (full) on my laptop. Was bored waiting in the airport lounge.
I did not get any problem seeing SF servers. I tried to get into one, no problem at all!!!
Hope you get it working H@x0r
Chou
+737|6800

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Choumichel wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Doc
I seem to remember my SF refusing to install because it need 1.2 (or something) so I had to patch up and then install. But then again, installation of BF2 seems to be different for everyone who does it so each to their own and good luck.
You are right, I have never seen so many problems with the installation of a game like BF2.

Goodluck
cannonfodder18
+13|6544| NS Canada
I had to re-install SF in order for it to work on mine ... u could try that.
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6521
YESSSSSSSSSSSS thx guys i uninstalled SF and repatched it and the servers work again wooo

so if anyone has the same problem dont panik first uninstall SF and let it patch to 1.1 after this patch the full 1.4 and the problem should be solved!!
human21
+0|6433|Madrid Spain
i have the same problem SF v 1.1.2963.795.0 and the servers are in red all of them i ave pached the 1.3 and 1.4 full and nothing.p 4 duo 3.4 , 2Gb ram , radeon x850 256mb pci,internet connection 20mb router not wireless sagem fast 1200.help please,i tryed everithing i dont know what else to do.
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
dude read the message above you, uninstall sf, reinstall and repatch
human21
+0|6433|Madrid Spain
nope doesn't work...what do i have to do to play on line.....................?I reinstalled and repacked the SF and Bf2 a dozen times ..and nothing the same.The servers appear in red like always,when i start Play BF2 SF On line Now! I'm not able to log in.HELP me , this game is driving me crazy.

Last edited by human21 (2006-09-26 09:39:00)

spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6740|Michigan

human21 wrote:

nope doesn't work...what do i have to do to play on line.....................?I reinstalled and repacked the SF and Bf2 a dozen times ..and nothing the same.The servers appear in red like always,when i start Play BF2 SF On line Now! I'm not able to log in.HELP me this game is driving me crazy.i don't know what else to do.
Go to start/control panel/add remove programs and uninstall SF and regular BF2.
After uninstalling, install BF2. After installing BF2, install SF. When finnished installing both, patch it with 1.4 full. Done.

Why is this concept so difficult?
human21
+0|6433|Madrid Spain
i did that and its not working.When i pach 1.4 it doesn't give me the version 1.1.2963.795 and i have to patch firs the 1.3.thank you anyway
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6539|Belgium

Mr.H@x0r wrote:

yes repatched beacuse the game wouldnt start now SF has no servers i can play, has anyone played SF since downloading 1.4...
I have, and i did the incremental.

Its probably a faulty patch install, reinstall SF completely and reinstall the full patch (i hope u didnt delete the installer)
If that doesnt work, come back for more advice :p
human21
+0|6433|Madrid Spain
sorry to bother you ppl ...Still don't work..i will just forget about this game......this is the 6'th times installing the hole game and still no effect.I've done exactly as you write..

Last edited by human21 (2006-09-26 12:28:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard