sgt_rambo35
Banned
+5|6461
WHEN one door closes, somewhere a window opens.

We have lost one colourful Australian this week, but his death has heralded the return to the public eye of another - the indomitable Germaine Greer. Greer has been roundly criticised in some quarters, and quietly praised in others, for her outspoken article in The Guardian following Steve Irwin's death. She said, among other things, that the "animal world had finally taken its revenge on Irwin", and criticised his treatment of animals.

Greer appeared on A Current Affair last night to defend her views, and it was a cracking good show. "My feeling about Steve was always that he did not treat animals with respect," she told Karl Stefanovic.

"He seemed to regard animals as something he could torment … it's no surprise he came to grief," she said. "He humiliated them."

It was a red rag to a bull. Stefanovic could take no more. "How do you know?" he demanded. "Have you seen the video?" He called Greer insensitive and accused her of "just being controversial" for the sake of it.

"Oh, for heaven's sake!" Germs replied, her temper fraying.

"I find the whole Steve Irwin phenomenon an embarrassment and I'm not the only one who thinks so."

"Germaine, you are making it up!" Stefanovic cried, and said she was out of sync with the Australian public. Greer shot back that she thought most Australians agreed with her, and finished by saying she hoped she was out of sync with what "the idiots" were thinking.

Ah, Germaine, please never stop! Even better, come home!

Although, for your own safety, we suggest you take up a more socially acceptable habit than the evisceration of Australian icons. Something like clubbing baby seals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, why say this stuff days after his death? Why even say it at all. He has earned our respect but theres always these critics liking to be diffrent.

This makes me so angry :@
Mr.Unstoppable
+26|6464|New York!
I feel you man.  That makes me angry 2.  Steve has earned the respect of millions because of the excellent treatment he gives animals.  Many of the animals at the Australia Zoo are rescued animals that would have died or they are animals that were born while in the park and were not well enough suited to live in the wild.  Steve I will miss you beyond belief and I hope that Terry and his children can carry on his legacy and continue to teach the world how to treat wildlife.  Thank you Steve.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke
I fucking hate Germaine Greer she is a twat.
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6523
I second that coke. She deserves to die in hell with many sprinkles on her ice cream.
-OGz-Badge
+8|6439
I don't know who she is but my children have grown up watching Steve and he has entertained my family on many nights. Screw this heartless bitch and feed her to a croc.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6478
I'm surprised about how many people loved this guy and how much attention its got:

CNN
discovery an hour documentary on him already
numerous threads about him
Sig's about him
spikedhumor and other tributes to him

it amazes me ow much he was loved. I grew up watching his crazy show and his crazy aus accent I loved him too he was a great guy but he died in what he loved to do, live by the sword die by the sword.

Crikey!!! R.i.p

Last edited by deadawakeing (2006-09-06 17:24:36)

GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6759

I just don't get how he humiliated animals. All I saw was his Crocodile Hunter activities and if that was "humiliating" well then I might as well go back and relearn what I know about the emotion.

Here's another quote from her, found it on Wikipedia.

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing 10 times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo owners in their turn"

I love how she takes a personal jab first with the short shorts first. Look for pics of her, I'm sure she's not an expert in fashion. And then she pulls up some BS about shouting in animals ears. If they find it painful, they will defend themselves, be it biting, snapping, clawing, striking tail, etc No need to treat them like poor defenseless babies and blame Croc Hunter for it.

Seems like she's ashamed of being identified with him because they are both Australian. So dumb. She should indeed be ashamed, of her condescending attitude towards an inspirational man.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6686

deadawakeing wrote:

I'm surprised about how many people loved this guy and how much attention its got:

CNN
discovery an hour documentary on him already
numerous threads about him
Sig's about him
spikedhumor and other tributes to him

it amazes me ow much he was loved. I grew up watching his crazy show and his crazy aus accent I loved him too he was a great guy but he died in what he loved to do, live by the sword die by the sword.

Crankie!!! R.i.p
its Crikey you retard
specops10-4
+108|6739|In the hills
If your gunna be angry at someone, please be angry at them before they die and not go for the strikes below the belt.  She has only came out and said this because Steve can no longer defend himself, she is a fuckin cowardly bitch!
Darky
Hi..
+71|6558|Here.
She needs to be exported to the Middle East.

Failing that, a sting ray on the face wil suffice.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6533|Search Whore killing fields
no idea who she is but I bet shes blonde

I still crack up at thinking of when steve was mowing the lawn and the croc ate the lawn mower

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-09-06 17:50:41)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6574|Florida
I expected an animal to get the best of him at some point...he will be missed, there is no doubt about that.  I feel for his family.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6839|Waikato, Aotearoa
Yeah I watched it too. Silly bitch should be shot and then fed to the crocs. That woman has no idea what she is talking about, and has no idea about the events immidiatly before or after Steves tragic death.

I wonder if she is a feminist @ all??..... hmmz
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
http://www.goodbyecrockhunter.com/index.php

googles making money off his death.. those assholes
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6523
Maybe we should make a mod for him? =] The Croc Hunter! fight off pouchers and protect wildlife? Idk.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6770|Noizyland

Yeah I read about the thing Greer wrote. She dosn't know what she's talking about, she saw Irwin as a one dimentional celebrity animal show presenter. To call Steve abusive to the environment is like calling the Dalai Lama a war-monger.

The thing is, I think if she were in the position of handling an angry fully-grown "Saltie" I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been gentle on it. One would have actually hoped that she would be gentle, and show us all what the messy result would be.

Steve was a professional, he knew what he was doing. Greer on the other hand obviously dosn't.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6523
Yeah I totally agree with you Tyferra. She's a retard. I bet if she was in face with a saltie, she'd have her twat chewed apart... or, the rest of her as well since she's a twat her self.
k9transfer
+22|6653
I have to say, I was pretty upset that Steve met his untimely demise, which surprised even myself. He seemed like a genuinly good guy, and I really liked his show.

It surprised me to feel that pang in my heart when I learned of his death. Goodbye Steve....
sagexp
+16|6550
Came across articles by Greer before. She is a feminist bitch of the worst kind that takes cheap shots at people. She is outspoken and controversial just for the sake of it and her editors would want to take a long think before they leave her write anymore articles.
Having a go at a person that has passed away leaving a wife and two kids behind is the cheapest shittiest thing you can do. People should boycott anything she is involved in, make her life miserable.
OXTHAFOX
+18|6663
Man, who is this bitch????  Steve doesn't treat animals with respect? Thanks to Steve a LOT of people in the world learned a great deal about animals and their habitat!!!

This bitch really pisses me of, argggghhhh NO RESPECT what so ever.

Now I'm sad again such a wicked bloke like Steve had to leave us.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6767|Rotherham, England
This in no means undermines the popularity and great sadness at the loss of one of the worlds great TV personalities and my deepest sympathies go out to his children and widow!

but

I personally don't see what she did wrong, Yeah she could have put it better and maybe waited a little longer but there is a lot of truth in her comments.
Of course he tormented the animals, how many of the crocs he wrestled with actually wanted a fight? I'm sure they were all quite happily minding their own business when they got strung up by him and his entourage. the same as the Sting Ray, as everyone says they dont harm people even when threatened they prefer to swim away, so what was he doing to it to make it sting him?
As for the stupid episode with his kid and the croc, WTF If i did that i'd have my kids taken off me as an unfit parent.
I'm not denying that his efforts were undoubtedly great, because what he did for injured animals and commercial television ratings were outstanding as was his commitment but in most of the programs I have sen him in, all I have seen is a snake or a croc being thown about, tied up, tormented with food or poked with a big stick.
Two weeks ago if you'd done a poll on how do you think Steve Irwin would meet his demise how many people would have said he'd have been killed by a sting ray barb? None, everybody thought a croc would have him or he'd survive and get old, but nature, it would seem has had it's revenge by not only taking it, but taking it in such a bizarre way that only 2 Aussies have ever died this way before.

Flame away I know my view is gonna annoy the hell out of some of you somewhere, but i'm as entitled to post my view on this subject as much as all the rest of you are, so what if it's the opposite to your's, I'm still entitled.
https://xs206.xs.to/xs206/06361/steve.GIF
RIP Steve Irwin
airbandit66
+0|6438
WE WILL MISS HIM............AND PEOPLE SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9518/99247e5feb199e84a7bc8402c6196d47li7.jpg[/img][/url]
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6544|USA bitches!
He wrestled crocs for a living and almost let one eat his baby. I have no respect for that act and he really wasn't all that special. I don't understand why everyone is crying like a fucking baby over this. We all die, get over it and move onto the next Australian idol. Paul Hogan > Steve Irwin > some other douche.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals

Jenkinsbball wrote:

He wrestled crocs for a living and almost let one eat his baby. I have no respect for that act and he really wasn't all that special. I don't understand why everyone is crying like a fucking baby over this. We all die, get over it and move onto the next Australian idol. Paul Hogan > Steve Irwin > some other douche.
You are going to hell
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6742|Somewhere in NYC
Can we stop the hating?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard