beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

I do. I really do.
I find there is much more balance in 1.4 than previous releases.  The new map is pretty bitchin' too
People are saying that snipers are easy prey now that they cannot prone-spam.  Sure, snipers can't prone spam now, which means there will be less idiots playing sniper who aren't trying to snipe people... you know the type, the kind who lays claymores everywhere and runs around with their pistol.
Snipers are now forced to do the sneak and peak thing... which is what they were originally intended for.
Anyhoo, that's just one aspect of how 1.4 rocks.

Sneaking and peaking is the greatest when you're a sniper now:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3350 … opydx7.jpg

edit: oh, and as with all my threads anyone who posts must say something meaningful and/or intelligent, not just "LAWL EAT IT".

Last edited by beeng (2006-09-06 09:55:01)

Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6519|Bournemouth, South England
Sneak & peak FTW! saves running about breaking a sweat!
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6673|USA
Patch Thread #209.

I like it too. No issues so far. *knocks on wood desk*
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Sneak & peak FTW! saves running about breaking a sweat!
word.
I never understood why people would run around in their ghilli suit with an m95 just to shoot someone at 20m.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

beeng wrote:

edit: oh, and as with all my threads anyone who posts must say something meaningful and/or intelligent, not just "LAWL EAT IT".
"something meaningful and/or intelligent"

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-09-06 10:06:59)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

beeng wrote:

HILARIOUS!!!!!
[eyeroll]

for this you get fat boobies.
https://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:d5CJfEWZznB2BM:https://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/plumper-3409.jpg
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6557|Doncaster, UK
If it makes snipers do what they should be then it's a good thing (urgh, Martha Stewart). Plus I haven't had any problems with it yet so wood touching here as well (ooooh err)
dislexiclawyer
+11|6455|Missouri

beeng wrote:

I do. I really do.
I find there is much more balance in 1.4 than previous releases.  The new map is pretty bitchin' too
People are saying that snipers are easy prey now that they cannot prone-spam.  Sure, snipers can't prone spam now, which means there will be less idiots playing sniper who aren't trying to snipe people... you know the type, the kind who lays claymores everywhere and runs around with their pistol.
Snipers are now forced to do the sneak and peak thing... which is what they were originally intended for.

I don't know what people's problems are either. I have been having a blast on jalalabad, it is pretty sniper heavy on IO but it is fun because it keeps you moving not knowing if you are being targeted. Plus it is great practice for a n00b sniper I haven't played any Road Rage yet, I will have to get on top of that.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

dislexiclawyer wrote:

beeng wrote:

I do. I really do.

I don't know what people's problems are either. I have been having a blast on jalalabad, it is pretty sniper heavy on IO but it is fun because it keeps you moving not knowing if you are being targeted. Plus it is great practice for a n00b sniper I haven't played any Road Rage yet, I will have to get on top of that.
Well, one thing has changed since 1.3.  I'm once again getting arty'ed as a lone sniper.  Damn, bring back cartillery.  At least those were easier to avoid.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479

dislexiclawyer wrote:

I don't know what people's problems are either.
Its accually quite simple, they force themselves to hate the game they claim to have loved, they are the hippocrits who spent three months basking in CtDs and server crashs, and when they get fix they bitch about a minor tweak that does not affect gameplay if you are really as bad ass as you say you are. They are the guys who complained about support not hitting anything and now they complain, likening it to the sniper, they used to complain about assualt players n00btube-bunnyhopping them but now they complain about how fun bunnyhoping was and how it must be brought back.

The prone spam thang just prevents D-Diving, I played some Dalian and Dragon today as mostly sniper and I was able to get to cover okay when I was attacked by tanks and better snipers, I have not one single clue how something this minor is such a huge problem.

A while ago I saw a catologue and in it was a tee-shirt that read: "memeber of the piss and moan about everything club", I want to buy that for alot of guys on this forum.
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6614

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Patch Thread #209.

I like it too. No issues so far. *knocks on wood desk*
Losati
+0|6683|St. Louis, MO

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

dislexiclawyer wrote:

I don't know what people's problems are either.
Its accually quite simple, they force themselves to hate the game they claim to have loved, they are the hippocrits who spent three months basking in CtDs and server crashs, and when they get fix they bitch about a minor tweak that does not affect gameplay if you are really as bad ass as you say you are. They are the guys who complained about support not hitting anything and now they complain, likening it to the sniper, they used to complain about assualt players n00btube-bunnyhopping them but now they complain about how fun bunnyhoping was and how it must be brought back.

The prone spam thang just prevents D-Diving, I played some Dalian and Dragon today as mostly sniper and I was able to get to cover okay when I was attacked by tanks and better snipers, I have not one single clue how something this minor is such a huge problem.

A while ago I saw a catologue and in it was a tee-shirt that read: "memeber of the piss and moan about everything club", I want to buy that for alot of guys on this forum.
The problem is is that these people can never be satisfied.  It's doubtful they *themselves* know what would make them happy.
dankassasin42o
+68|6690|Reefersyde, CA
YAY  +1 for the PATCH!!
whiteclay
+0|6515
then they should be killed and make us all happy.
pndragon26
+23|6697
Only bad thing so far about the patch is it took so long. I'me happy with it an still enjoy the game (always did), except for all the cry babies. Still are issues but its a game, all games have some type of issues/bugs. Good topic, +1 for the patch.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

Ilocano wrote:

Well, one thing has changed since 1.3.  I'm once again getting arty'ed as a lone sniper.  Damn, bring back cartillery.  At least those were easier to avoid.
I never understood the problem with cartillery - not because I think it's OK, but because, well, do these people just not see the icon that appears to tell them they're about to get a car to the head???!!!
Aardcore
+60|6724|USA, Arizona

beeng wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

beeng wrote:

HILARIOUS!!!!!
[eyeroll]

for this you get fat boobies.
http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:d5 … r-3409.jpg
I'd like to get some of those fat boobies...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I never understood the problem with cartillery - not because I think it's OK, but because, well, do these people just not see the icon that appears to tell them they're about to get a car to the head???!!!
When I'm sniping, I'm too busy lining up my shots to look at the mini-map.  Cartillery can be avoided if you stay at inclines, near walls or buildings, or under things.  Your safe against artillery only in well covered buildings.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

Ilocano wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

When I'm sniping, I'm too busy lining up my shots to look at the mini-map.  Cartillery can be avoided if you stay at inclines, near walls or buildings, or under things.  Your safe against artillery only in well covered buildings.
The icon I'm refering to is in your field of vision - it's not on the mini-map.
dislexiclawyer
+11|6455|Missouri

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I had this problem earlier today, only it was with my own commander almost dropping cars on me. It kind of sucks because a car sitting out in the middle of nowhere will most likely give away your position. Or mabye he just thought I needed a ride.....3 times?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

dislexiclawyer wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I had this problem earlier today, only it was with my own commander almost dropping cars on me. It kind of sucks because a car sitting out in the middle of nowhere will most likely give away your position. Or mabye he just thought I needed a ride.....3 times?
Well, yeah, that does suck! I guess he was just an idiot...
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6589|Florida
I havnt noticed much difference in the "prone spamming" as I didnt do it to begin with....so most of the changes made dont really effect me.  I did notice on the first server I joined, that the sprint was about twice as long....was this a server setting?  As I played other servers, it didnt seem to change any.  It kinda confused me, so I assumed it was something with the server (it crashed about 15 minutes into the game).  The new map is pretty spank, bitchin, awesome-o, wicked, whatever you wanna call it.  I enjoy it, definately a breath of fresh air.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

I havnt noticed much difference in the "prone spamming" as I didnt do it to begin with....so most of the changes made dont really effect me.  I did notice on the first server I joined, that the sprint was about twice as long....
Yea I noticed this too... but it appears to be longer only for sniper, spec ops and other light classes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard