Poll

Does anyone really think "Enemy boat spotted" is still funny?

Yes, it's a classic.33%33% - 104
No, I'm older than six and am tired of it.39%39% - 122
Enemy boat spotted!!! (Damn, I'm funny)26%26% - 82
Total: 308
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Oh noez, a boat that has less health than a soldier with a gun that might aswell just go away. Run for your life!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere
i still do it sometimes on the city maps... just randomly to amuse myself, and when other people do it, yes i do giggle

but on the forums it's old
bennisboy
+829|6649|Poundland

chittydog wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Enemy sarcasm missed!
actually he didn't use sarcasm, sarcasm would be something like "wow you can really spam enemy boat spotted quickly, thats really impressive"
I see your point. How about "Enemy joke missed!"?
I'll see you're enemy joke missed and raise you an I'm gonna go now
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

Sold, to the man in big Norf London. Thanks for stopping by and stay classy, San Diego.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6454|Bradford UK
Enemy Spade Spotted.......no? Awwww Shit!
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6472
Enemy plane spotted!
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6510|Bournemouth, South England
Enemy Goat Spotted!
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Enemy Idiots Spotted
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6574

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Enemy Idiots Spotted
Stop looking in the mirror while posting here...
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
mirrors are for pussies i use broken glass from recently slain people from barfights
greenhaven
+47|6468
you tard that doesn't reflect light.
k9transfer
+22|6660
The thing with "Enemy boat spotted" is not whether it is funny or not, but its all in the timing. You ever catch that moment when everything is absolutely quiet, I mean just that odd moment when no one is dying and not even a medic is throwing a pack "FIRST AID HERE!!!". If at that exact moment, you spot a boat, out in the middle of the dirt, then yes, it can be extremley funny, still...
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6510

k9transfer wrote:

The thing with "Enemy boat spotted" is not whether it is funny or not, but its all in the timing. You ever catch that moment when everything is absolutely quiet, I mean just that odd moment when no one is dying and not even a medic is throwing a pack "FIRST AID HERE!!!". If at that exact moment, you spot a boat, out in the middle of the dirt, then yes, it can be extremley funny, still...
Exactly!

It ISN'T funny when people are spamming it, but every now and then when you least expect it - it can be pretty funny.  I think what adds to it, also, is the way the american guy says it for some reason.

The first time I busted out "enemy boat spotted", I actually thought I was the first person to have discovered it.  It was like stumbling on the Rosetta Stone or some shit.
DocZ
+13|6690|Belgium
the secret about humour is timing...... and of course have something mildly amusing to say on that one opportune moment.....

lots of people don't actually have a good balance in this....  either they have excellent timing and nothing remotely amusing to say or they just spam it the entire time to feel important....

-------

try this one.... picked this up recently, I thought it was funny the first time I heard it.....

what do you think about euthanasia...?   well they're not any different from youth anywhere else.....

*tumbleweed+chiping crickets*

okay I know ..... "LOSER"........can't blame a guy for trying
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6549|Doncaster, UK

PBAsydney wrote:

It wasn't funny in the first place, except on maps without boats...

ENEMY WHEELBARROW SPOTTED! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Now that one is a classic.
I spotted the wheelbarrow on Wake Island for the first time the other day, I just couldn't resist shouting it over TS.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6681|Adelaide, Australia
Spotting enemy boats is only funny when it's a real boat. You gotta love the ERYX-RIB combination.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

Gulf_War_Syndrome wrote:

Spotting enemy boats is only funny when it's a real boat. You gotta love the ERYX-RIB combination.
I do, as long as I'm the one with the ERYX...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6533|Boston, MA
I agree with the topic creator, it's just retarded. Sure it's kind of funny the first time you hear it, but that's about it...
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6646|Cumberland, MD, USA
In extreme moderation only when fucking around with the clan guys.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6552|Southeastern USA
thread title assumes that it was funny to begin with
starkingdoms
+6|6773

chittydog wrote:

Seriously, this was mildly amusing for one day, like, a year ago. Is anyone else tired of these comedic geniuses that have to keep bringing this up over and over and over and over again? I can't take it anymore. Knock knock jokes would be better. Even "why did the chicken cross the road" is funnier.

Now let's see how many of these intellectual giants think they're being clever by spamming it in this post...
you are just a prude!!!

ENEMY ARSE FACE SPOTTED!!!!
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6658
I've never been close enough to see it when they're called...but I always wondered how those darn boats got so far inland...especially on maps that I didn't even know had boats.

Anyway, you all think this is so funny...but you just wait, until that day when someone calls that ever so enchanting phrase, and you just laugh it off...until you get run over in the middle of the street by the enemy boat.  It's happened to me enough times that I don't take it so light heartedly anymore.  Just something to think about.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6681|Broadlands, VA
https://www.flamingpoodles.com/ub2/boat%20spotted.jpg

I'm a bad, bad person.

Last edited by Kaosdad008 (2006-09-08 10:03:29)

Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6579|Arlen, Texas

kr@cker wrote:

thread title assumes that it was funny to begin with
Yea, still funny? When was it funny?
{MOD}DREW
+26|6667
The "enemy boat" spotted is like when a comedian uses comedy.  Some use it way too often and the effect has no humor at all.  Then there's the single one placed in a perfect situation that just brings down the house.  I pefer the latter.

Drew

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard