Poll

Does anyone really think "Enemy boat spotted" is still funny?

Yes, it's a classic.33%33% - 104
No, I'm older than six and am tired of it.39%39% - 122
Enemy boat spotted!!! (Damn, I'm funny)26%26% - 82
Total: 308
SoC./Omega
+122|6558|Omaha, Nebraska!
ive never thought it was funny
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6525
It still makes me laugh sometimes - when it isn't spammed and it just comes out of the blue. 

I also chuckle when someone says:   "Need ammo, DO YOU COPY?" and someone immediately says "No sir".
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6715

I just say it to piss people off
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

it is asshattic and disruptive ...

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-09-06 14:15:10)

bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

jsnipy wrote:

it is asshattic and disruptive ...
sounds like my kinda ching
RicoAtPublix
Im not cleaning Aisle 2
+27|6497|F-Dub, FL./ Destin, FL.

brome wrote:

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Enemy........boat.........................................spotted?

I vote im older than 6 and im tired of it.  I will say ive done it on accident, trying to select something else.
Yes, your finger slipped... repeatedly... when trying to spot that APC... you kept trying though, but with no luck

Advantages of being commander
- can spot as many boats as desired
- spotts boats in a funny way... ENEMY. BOAT. Spawtid.
- nothing to stop you spamming pgup-pgdown-pgup-pgdown for as long as you like!1
omg YES! I love when my team sucks soooo bad, that we start getting spawn raped, so i give em some incouregement.

Yelling rebukes and follow orders and Go, Go, GO!!! till you get kicked/ban/mutiny is the best, hands down. FTW
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland
man you're such kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaals
Hydroion
+67|6639|England
me and my friend were on road to jalalabad just now, and we werent getting many kills so we decided to spam enemy boat spotted, we succeded our task! we had a whole 3 kickvotes directed it us, but no one could be bothered to kick us, so we carried on YAY!

so what if its an old joke, its still funny for some twisted reason.
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland
+1 me if you live in the south and love Publix, or hate Win-Dixie, Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc.
I was sure that said if you love pubix
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6582|Area 51

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

It still makes me laugh sometimes - when it isn't spammed and it just comes out of the blue. 

I also chuckle when someone says:   "Need ammo, DO YOU COPY?" and someone immediately says "No sir".
Yeah thats so funny to do, when for example a Tank yells ''Need repairs quick, do you copy'' and then quickly reply with
No Sir
No Sir
No Can Do
Negative
No Sir

Blocked for 31 second(s)
brome
brap.
+244|6604|Accidental, TK

bennisboy wrote:

+1 me if you live in the south and love Publix, or hate Win-Dixie, Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc.
I was sure that said if you love pubix
+1 for being from london dude
Brasso
+1,549|6647

It never was and never will be funny.  It was created for the point of derailing threads.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6544|Belgium

It's a classic! Makes me laugh on karkand when that medic doesn't throw his healing bag or the support guy ignores you when you are out of ammo. It's annoying when you spam it every second, but after a hard situation, and out of nowhere, it makes me laugh
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

haffeysucks wrote:

It never was and never will be funny.  It was created for the point of derailing threads.
erm no, it was created for spotting enemy boats, hence "enemy - boat - spotted" or is that too much to take in?
also it was created in game, not on a forum
XISIX
+116|6632
Remember one time on Mashtuur..... commander asked everyone on our side to

ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED !  all over map right before we won. 

Pretty impressive seeing that many ships on land.   Heh.. ..   
Had to laugh but see how it could be annoying.
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland
am I from the endz? well that depends on what the fuck you mean by endz, cos if you south of the thames, then nah I ain't from those ends, cos I'm from just north of the thames, I come out with thread derailing gems.
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland
bennisboy [derails] this_thread
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

bennisboy wrote:

I'll borrow a quote from Stryyker ... let me see if I can remember it... oh yeah....that's it.   FAIL
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6648|USA
maybe we can get a map made that is only boats...that would be not so awesome
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

King_County_Downy wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

I'll borrow a quote from Stryyker ... let me see if I can remember it... oh yeah....that's it.   FAIL
at least i dont borrow quotes, you quote stealing ho
MonroStrongrod
+4|6623|Sacramento, California

De_Jappe wrote:

It's a classic! Makes me laugh on karkand when that medic doesn't throw his healing bag or the support guy ignores you when you are out of ammo. It's annoying when you spam it every second, but after a hard situation, and out of nowhere, it makes me laugh
chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

bennisboy wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

erm no, it was created for spotting enemy boats, hence "enemy - boat - spotted" or is that too much to take in?
Enemy sarcasm missed!
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

chittydog wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Enemy sarcasm missed!
actually he didn't use sarcasm, sarcasm would be something like "wow you can really spam enemy boat spotted quickly, thats really impressive"
chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

bennisboy wrote:

chittydog wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Enemy sarcasm missed!
actually he didn't use sarcasm, sarcasm would be something like "wow you can really spam enemy boat spotted quickly, thats really impressive"
I see your point. How about "Enemy joke missed!"?
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6594|Arlen, Texas
This thread will seperate the people with a good sense of humor from the Adam Sandler fans.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard