dead_rac00n
+12|6493|DTC
Wanted realism ? Try to dive on the ground with a gun in your hands (chose whatever you want). It'll hurt you so badly that, if you're asking for realism, EA should not have added a delay to cming back up, but they should have added damage to those stupid doplhin divers etc... They, at last, would have had a reason to go down : die !
pwned7
+53|6589

dead_rac00n wrote:

Wanted realism ? Try to dive on the ground with a gun in your hands (chose whatever you want). It'll hurt you so badly that, if you're asking for realism, EA should not have added a delay to cming back up, but they should have added damage to those stupid doplhin divers etc... They, at last, would have had a reason to go down : die !
+1. some one with a brain

Last edited by pwned7 (2006-09-05 22:54:44)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

Doggehspike wrote:

Dolphin diving/bunny hopping is unrealistic but then again, so is dying then coming back to life in 10 seconds.
So lets try and get that changed shall we?
The real problem is in the amount of abuse that occurs from this stuff - not from those are pissed about the abuse.

It comes down to people using the game mechanics in ways that they weren't intended for in the first place.  When enough of these "creative game mechanic uses" become rampant, it starts to affect the game play in ways which were never originally planned for.  So this stuff starts becoming the norm and the game begins resembling something the creaters never envisioned. 

I consider dropping jeeps and trucks on enemy artillery pretty much the same thing.  Sure, it's in the game and therefore people are going to do it for as long as they are allowed to.  It's LAME, and I would never do such a thing, but still there are those who think it's their "right" to do it and get pissed when the ability to do it is taken away. 

It all boils down to people only caring about winning/losing/getting points, rather than just enjoying playing the game as a modern warfare game.

If you don't have any desire to play a realistic game, then hop down the street like a bunny.   If you are like me (and I think many people are), then you like to pretend you are in a real battle - with all the sights and sounds and suspense to go with it.  If you are like that then you will run for cover instead of hop up and down like a friggin dork.
Fair enough
Eyeshooter
+3|6468|uh.. good question..
lets put it this way for fucktards who dont see that people can 'prone jump' in real life..

SINCE WHEN WAS A WAR FAUGHT LIKE IN BF2?

its more like a fuckn riot than a WAR..

pronejump and prone crouch made bf2 BF2..

the noobs werent the one 'exploiting' it.. the noobs were the ones who couldnt fuckn adapt to that before

i mean.. its been 4 patches since its started.. WHY TAKE IT OFF NOW!?!

____
EDIT
------

just read that post about not being able to dive onto the ground with a weapon in your hand..

trust me mate..

YOU CAN.. and sure it hurts..  but i'm sure our characters in bf2 have enof war experience to bear that lil pain..

it wont break your bones or kill you.. not unless you're a toddler or a 60 year old shit..

Last edited by Eyeshooter (2006-09-06 02:09:29)

ToiletTrooper
+25|6786|WC
i hate 1.4
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6548|Search Whore killing fields
The pnly time I REALLY used prone spam was on wake with the attack helo gunners shooting ay me, They cant hit you. Now i just have to die..
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6803|Jupiter
BF2 sucks now, bring on POE2
Krysiss
+15|6485|NL

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

I'm sick of seeing people claim that it takes skill to dolphin dive and bunny hop, and that the noobs are the ones that brought an end to it!  That is ridiculous!   

It takes much more skill to survive by playing somewhat realistically and NOT jumping around like an idiot, when all the kids out there ARE doing it!  Now you are crying when you have to fight on equal footing.   Too bad for you- I won't notice any difference at all in my style of play. 

If I'm in trouble I run or maybe zig zag while reloading - but for the most part I just face the music.  I honestly would rather just get killed than hop around like an idiot for survival.  For me, that ruins the look and feel of the game when people do that crap.

I am SOOOOO glad they are taking care of this lame behavior.
IT"S DAM FACT MOST WHINERS HAS LOWER KDR WITH WEAPONS
AND THOSE PEOPLE CRY MOST OF THE TIME NERF NERF NERF NERF.

ANTOHER FACT IT ARE MACRO USERS ..

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-09-06 02:34:34)

TangsterChinkz
Banned
+14|6580|Pwning u n00bs

Sleepnowinthefire wrote:

TangsterChinkz wrote:

Life story people, booooorrrrrring

The reason people and i prone spam, is like my nigga strykker said.....to avoid being killed/hit....

AND i did think at first u need marco's to do it, BUT U DONT, all u need is 2 keys, prone and crouch then your away...
But as a colonel i guess you have some skill... shoot them first rather than dancing?
Of course, i only "dance" when there is one of more person, so it gives me time to take one out then move to the other OR when im reloading OR healing myself....

Its also really funny when u do it and a n00b shoots u with him whole clip into u and misses then u kill him, then they complain haha

Last edited by TangsterChinkz (2006-09-06 04:53:33)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6540|Belgium
I think bunny hopping isnt so bad. It a relfex you learn by playing Team Fortress Classic, but i try to minimize it in BF2.
Still a great way to escape APC's and tanks, and it helps alot against prone spammers too
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6519

iPoon.be wrote:

I think bunny hopping isnt so bad. It a relfex you learn by playing Team Fortress Classic, but i try to minimize it in BF2.
Still a great way to escape APC's and tanks, and it helps alot against prone spammers too
I used to play the original Rainbow Six games back in the day.  One of the best FPS games EVER was the first Rogue Spear.

That game was really the first game to emphasize realism, and that is where I learned to get by without hopping, since there was no jump key at all!  If you wanted to go over an obstacle, you walked up to it and pressed a button, then you would climb over it or on top of it - there was no jumping with all that equipment.  That game also emphasized a "steady hand" with a reticle that got smaller as you crouched, and wider as you stood and sprayed.  Many of my instant reactions in FPS games came from those days:  see an enemy, so crouch and shoot with a steady hand - get into trouble and it's time to run for cover.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6576|Area 51
No need to read beyond the title.
The fights now will be, dull, just walk up, stay upright and hope you will kill him first..
ssonrats
+221|6656
We all have to adjust now, whether you like it or not.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6582|Austin , TX
If it wasnt an exploit whyd they fix it?  If it was the intended style of play why did the developers try to "fix" it twice now?  This has got to be one of the MOST idiotic threads EVER in this forum.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys
Ok, let me say this...... your Kill death ratio is 1.04, dont go around throwing out the phrase "you noobs out there". Ive played this game since day no#1 and i bunnyhop, you cannot call me a noob no matter how much i jump around. Im going to jump, prone spam, dolphin dive, do ANYTHING so i dont have to die and stare at the sky for 15 seconds untill i spawn again. Am i supposed to stand there and let you shoot me? No. You and the rest of you fairy fucks hate dolphin divers/ prone spammers because you cant hit them, there to fast for YOU. Instead of getting better at bf2 you complain to EA to make the game easier, which you know what is going to happen then, the game is going to get nerfed. I bet you noobs are rubbing yourself over this anti prone spammer patch because you got your wish. Im going to jump around untill you run out of ammo, then im going to pump your ass full of 5.56mm rounds.

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2006-09-06 14:47:27)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Stags
+26|6667
So I didn't read this entire post I just scanned it.  I do have to say one thing.  Yes it is a game.  But bunny hopping will get you teabagged.  When I get killed by a bunby hopper I don't care, I just get revenge (oh so dear, bunny hopping and prone spamming v tank/arty/sniper = you dead)  Actually what I find most interesting is that most bunny hoppers tend to umm... how do I put it.  Jump into my shots, yes that is a very good way to put I believe.  Now that is funny, since it is funny that must mean I'm having a good time so bunny hop away, you'll just make me laugh.

Don't talk about KDR that means jack-fucking-squat and you fucking know that.  If I really wanted a good KDR I'd go armor for rounds on end (and no not Karkand armor whore, I Armor whoring at distance) that's a much easier way to get you KDR from 1 to like 5.

Only times I can consider prone-spamming or bunny hopping as legit, are either in a knife-fight (because that was how it was in all the other BF games) or just messing around waiting for the vehicle to spawn.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6519|Daytona Beach, FL

(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN wrote:

I say 100% fuck you because I own when it comes to that I last 3 times longer it have increased my kd ratio to 1.2 to 1.5 and I trown noobs like you instead of bitching about it why dont you become one.
My SPM is 2.1+.. and I very rarely bunny hop or dive. Usually when I do, its just for fun.. and def. not a serious tactic.

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-09-06 15:15:32)

[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6519

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Ok, let me say this...... your Kill death ratio is 1.04, dont go around throwing out the phrase "you noobs out there". Ive played this game since day no#1 and i bunnyhop, you cannot call me a noob no matter how much i jump around. Im going to jump, prone spam, dolphin dive, do ANYTHING so i dont have to die and stare at the sky for 15 seconds untill i spawn again. Am i supposed to stand there and let you shoot me? No. You and the rest of you fairy fucks hate dolphin divers/ prone spammers because you cant hit them, there to fast for YOU. Instead of getting better at bf2 you complain to EA to make the game easier, which you know what is going to happen then, the game is going to get nerfed. I bet you noobs are rubbing yourself over this anti prone spammer patch because you got your wish. Im going to jump around untill you run out of ammo, then im going to pump your ass full of 5.56mm rounds.
If you want to read so much into stats, my accuracy is better than you so YOU must be the one having a rough time hitting people.   Maybe you think that bunny hopping is so effective because you can't hit anyone that does it, and so have to do it also. 

I have no problem hitting anyone - I just think it looks silly and I can't understand why jackasses like you NEED to do this to survive.
plastic_budgie
+114|6762|England : East Yorkshire
i dunno i think patch is pretty shit.. now spammer's never bothered me was more of a challenge and kept  the action fun and fast.. now u get reived and u carnt even stand up takes like 2 secs or even go prone feels like a year in in that time u get blown away.. its bullshit

sorry to say but what games can u think of that dont alow jump and shoot...

game has gone down rain for me i miss the fast action
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

If you want to read so much into stats, my accuracy is better than you so YOU must be the one having a rough time hitting people.   Maybe you think that bunny hopping is so effective because you can't hit anyone that does it, and so have to do it also. 

I have no problem hitting anyone - I just think it looks silly and I can't understand why jackasses like you NEED to do this to survive.
im not into your stats, the only thing i look at on a persons stats is their kill death ratio. My accuacy is bad because i run around shooting in the air after rounds or when im waiting for a vehicle. I can hit bunnyhoppers fine
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
moose_rider
+30|6652|Puyallup, WA

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

First of all we who chose to pronespam dolphin dive w/e do NOT need to do this to survive. We just chose to do it so we can stay alive longer which = more kills less deaths. Man its getting so old listening to all you noobs whine about EVERYTHING in this game that gets you owned. OMG HES DOLPHIN DIVING WE MUST NERF IT SO I DONT KEEP GETTING OWNED BY IT!! Learn to aim, I play CAL and I have no problem hitting the best prone spammers there are. Like patton said, instead of getting better you complain and get the game made easier for you which is exactly right. You think flopping around like an idiot is unrealistic? It is, its a game nubs its not supposed to be exactly the same as real combat. I play to win and if prone spamming will help that happen, I do it. Plus in CAL you kinda have to do it or you lose. Learn to shoot, quit whining, stfu, gg nubs.

~ moose_rider (aka MoOseOnF|RE^) team binary.
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6519

moose_rider wrote:

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

First of all we who chose to pronespam dolphin dive w/e do NOT need to do this to survive. We just chose to do it so we can stay alive longer which = more kills less deaths. Man its getting so old listening to all you noobs whine about EVERYTHING in this game that gets you owned. OMG HES DOLPHIN DIVING WE MUST NERF IT SO I DONT KEEP GETTING OWNED BY IT!! Learn to aim, I play CAL and I have no problem hitting the best prone spammers there are. Like patton said, instead of getting better you complain and get the game made easier for you which is exactly right. You think flopping around like an idiot is unrealistic? It is, its a game nubs its not supposed to be exactly the same as real combat. I play to win and if prone spamming will help that happen, I do it. Plus in CAL you kinda have to do it or you lose. Learn to shoot, quit whining, stfu, gg nubs.

~ moose_rider (aka MoOseOnF|RE^) team binary.
You are saying exactly what I am saying is lame about the game.   Do anything possible to win, and that is the most important thing. 

That's fine- use what is in the game.   Spawn Camp, grenade spam, C4 spam, claymore spam, Cartillery, bunny hop, dolphin dive, blah blah blah.  Do what you gotta do there, champ.  You live by your stats and the ability to say "I won" or "We won" or "I have great stats and therefore I am better than you".  Whatever floats your boat. 

Stats and winning is fun, but the most fun about BF2 is the experience of playing the game.  Sometimes I swear I'm in a real battle with such realistic graphics and sounds.  There are mocap animations and realistic textures, and guns and bullets look, sound, and behave fairly realistically.  Then of course my suspension of disbelief is gone as some lame asses come hopping down the road because it's safer than running.

Like I said before, it is EASY to jump up and down and prone spam.   It is more difficult to NOT do it.   You agree with me, since you said you need to do it to beat the best teams you play against.   That is all I am saying.  I would rather win without using any of those lame tactics - cartillery and nade spamming included.

Last edited by [mcp]eltorrente (2006-09-06 20:54:05)

moose_rider
+30|6652|Puyallup, WA
Stats mean nothing... Prone spamming keeps you alive longer and thats why you have to do it in CAL, if you want to win. All you pub nubs need to practice and learn how to shoot and quit your damn whining about everything in the game that gets you killed. Sure when a car drops on my head I like "wtf is this" but I dont whine about it and complain to ea omg a car killed me so we must nerf it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN! All you people do is complain, sounds like the type that yells wtf hax everytime  they die.

Oh and its actually easier to not prone spam then to do it. Idk why some people think we have to prone spam to kill people. I can kill people just fine without jumping around, actually even better, thats why this patch hasnt done anything to my skill. Once again we prone spam to stay alive longer, not to kills people easier...

Last edited by moose_rider (2006-09-06 21:01:33)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6497|Melbourne

TangsterChinkz wrote:

Life story people, booooorrrrrring

The reason people and i prone spam, is like my nigga strykker said.....to avoid being killed/hit....

AND i did think at first u need marco's to do it, BUT U DONT, all u need is 2 keys, prone and crouch then your away...
There are other more Smarter ways to not get hit its called COVER there a billions of objects to take cove in bf2!, why do you think there are so many burnt out APC's in Jalalabad.  So instead of looking like a dh and abusing the games coding fight with some respect and dignity.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6519

moose_rider wrote:

Stats mean nothing... Prone spamming keeps you alive longer and thats why you have to do it in CAL, if you want to win. All you pub nubs need to practice and learn how to shoot and quit your damn whining about everything in the game that gets you killed. Sure when a car drops on my head I like "wtf is this" but I dont whine about it and complain to ea omg a car killed me so we must nerf it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN! All you people do is complain, sounds like the type that yells wtf hax everytime  they die.

Oh and its actually easier to not prone spam then to do it. Idk why some people think we have to prone spam to kill people. I can kill people just fine without jumping around, actually even better, thats why this patch hasnt done anything to my skill. Once again we prone spam to stay alive longer, not to kills people easier...
OOOOOHHHHHHH  I see... so you prone spam because it's HARDER?  Yeah o.k. that makes perfect sense. 

Anyway, who is whining now?  The fact is, the MAJORITY of people out there don't like it and agree that it is cheesy and they don't do it.   EA isn't going to change things because a small minority of people want it changed - otherwise people like you and your spamming buddies would have the run of the place.

Would you rather we be able to jump even higher than the 10ft vertical we already have?  How about 20ft in the air?  Why should we be constrained to these silly guns- why not have Shotgun sniper guns?!?!   What is the point in even trying to make things look and "feel" somewhat realistic?!?!

What is the point in basing everything in the game on real-world stuff, when at the very core of it all there are soldiers all over the place hopping up and down like a bunch of dorks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard