Chillin&killin
+27|6646|Manchester,England

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Wow I never knew a 0.3 second added delay on unproning makes the game unfun. Last time I checked it was fun, played as assualt, spec ops, support and sniper, no great difference noticed. The only thing I saw changed was you cannot shoot in the eight of a seconf it takes to go from prone to crouching, and I guess because of that the game is screwed up.
Just a tiny 0.3 second delay added makes SargeV1.4 post multiple,elaborate threads about "removal of quick movement".
actually i agree and disagree. yes that doesn't seem like much time alothough bullets trvell at 1000mph so 0.3 secs could be your life. what ur also forgetting is you could never lean in this game mean you have to completely expose ur self round corners. and with hitboxes being so out of sync. this extra delay does screw up this game. in other words you go round the corner having to completly expose ur self and cant get up meaning at best you might get 1 enemy
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6723
THE FUCKING NOOBS OVER AT DICE forgot to work on the connection problem sighhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Chuckles
+32|6518

SargeV1.4 wrote:

It's not about my ability to be a flying pancake. I barely ever do that. It's simply free movement that has been nerfed resulting in an even more slow and boring infantry combat system.

mkay?

mkay.
Here's the thing Sarge:  Some people did it ALL THE TIME.  And if those people that can only play the game by prone spamming, even if they "barely ever do that" didn't need to give themselves that edge then Dice wouldn't have had to nerf it.  I bet it pissed Dice off that someone like Volx managed to get to the top of their precious point ladder by finding a way to exploit a flaw in the game.  I look at prone spamming the same as glitching into the hotel.  It wasn't meant to happen, it's cheap, and it gets taken away so much the better. 

If people have to get by on teamwork and their wits more so than their ability to run a macro or hit a series of keys than I say so much the better. 

What I don't understand is how the guys that were the big prone spam fans get off calling everyone else skilless.  That amazes me.  I need the trick, but everyone else sucks?  Really? 

And by the way, I think you could probably stop starting new threads complaining about the patch.   We get it.  You don't like the patch.  Sorry about that.  This post could have easily gone on your first thread.

mkay?
Adonlude
+2|6750

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Very odd how I have not encountered any of these "problems". I can still go prone / unprone fast enough to flee from a frag and take cover. I think its just that you guys like complaining and exaggerating. The gameplay has been changed negligibly with 1.4 so StFU.
Agreed. My play style is not affected much by these changes and I am still killing as infantry alot more than I am dying. I still feel I can hit the deck and get up fast enough. These changes couldn't possibly be affecting anyone but the bunny/dolphins and im sure that 95% of the complainers are those people.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada
did ppl who tested the beta not report the problems? cuz every1 is complaining
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6464
Adonlude go into battle, dive on the floor wait for a nade to fall next to you, then see if you can get away from it.

Wait for a tank, make sure he sees you, now try and get away from him.

I've already had a problem where my gun just chose to freeze for like 5 seconds while I was going from stand to crouch, how boring and predictable do you people want the game?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

The#1Spot wrote:

Well guess what you shouldnt have been one of the bunnyhopping/dolfing diving freaks in the earlier patches then you wouldnt have this problem you just suck cause you relied on those lame tactics to survive and now you pay the price and i have seen no difference in the movement actually i have seen improvements.
Did you even read the entire post? We don't rely on the tactics to survive. Between good players, a fight will be over well before dolphin diving/bunny hopping starts happening. It's you skillless fucks who insist that different movement is somehow a replacement for skill that's the problem.

Knight`uk wrote:

2nd post with you whineing about new patch i mean ffs man come on its not that bad adapt or go play CS.S like you said you where going to .Its a game ffs get over it play it or leave it nothing else to worry about .You know if this is the most important thing in your life to worry about i find you sick with all the shit going on in the world.

If you have problem with the patch whine @ EA forums not here with near enough the same crap you put in your 1st post about leaveing anyway.

/must slit wrist's cause players cant or wont adapt.
Ah, hello chav. Try thinking of a new insult for a change. BF2 is my life? BF2 is a game that I love, just like people love football. Naturally, I'm not going to be happy when it slowly gets ruined.

Please do slit your wrists, if you can't see the irony in your last sentence you really should be dead or working as a garbage man.

maef wrote:

Ever thought that many times YOU are the guy coming around the corner where someone is laying on the ground unable to get up and run away, Sarge?
yup. unfair. boring. It's why this is so f*cked up.

killer21 wrote:

lol bunch of wankers..lmfao...Anyway, I don't have any problems going prone and killing someone.  The only people crying are the peeps who have gotten used to being able to prone spam all day long.  Now that you can't do it anymore(or at least it is harder), these "players" don't know what to do.  Here's a thought.  Go out and learn some new tactics instead of relying on jumping up and down like a retard just to get a kill.  A guy in my squad said it best, "I'm not sure why people need a gimmick just to kill someone."
please read the post before writing a reply.

There seems to be a trend going on here: The worse players, who play on pubs and don't have that much experience, notice no difference and tell me to stfu. The better players, who can hold their own in infantry and have played against other real players, realise what has happened and aren't happy either.

As for everyone telling me to play CS.. I already am.

oh and Fierce, I don't really care if it's still "slightly possible" or not. Enough workarounds and replacements, I'm sick of it.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6562|Reisterstown, MD

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I agree with Sarge, the patch has ruined infantry combat, not because you can't prone spam (i didn't like to do that anyways) but because its too slow paced.  Turn corner, shoot 1 guy, die, respawn, turn corner, shoot one guy, die, respawn, etc.  There's not much skill left in infantry anymore.
Sounds like you aren't good at aiming.  I went 30-8 in an infantry only server this morning with the map being Road to Jalalalabad.  I just don't see how all these supposed to be good players can't adapt to a different gameplay tactic.
IRONCHEF
+385|6462|Northern California
I don't get how CQC is ruined.  If you are confronted head on, if you and an enemy jump from your busted vehicles and end up close, or if you're running around a corner and smack into someone, how is CQC ruined?  Can you not shoot them with whatever you have equipped?  Oh, I get it, you can't do the cheap ass, unrealistic, no-talent ass grabbing you used to do...  Well then, yes, go and play CS where you can shuck, jive, bunny hop, and jack off each other instead of fighting with skill.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

killer21 wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I agree with Sarge, the patch has ruined infantry combat, not because you can't prone spam (i didn't like to do that anyways) but because its too slow paced.  Turn corner, shoot 1 guy, die, respawn, turn corner, shoot one guy, die, respawn, etc.  There's not much skill left in infantry anymore.
Sounds like you aren't good at aiming.  I went 30-8 in an infantry only server this morning with the map being Road to Jalalalabad.  I just don't see how all these supposed to be good players can't adapt to a different gameplay tactic.
and you're a good player? I think not.
Buzerk1
+44|6807

SargeV1.4 wrote:

There seems to be a trend going on here: The worse players, who play on pubs and don't have that much experience, notice no difference and tell me to stfu. The better players, who can hold their own in infantry and have played against other real players, realise what has happened and aren't happy either.

As for everyone telling me to play CS.. I already am.

oh and Fierce, I don't really care if it's still "slightly possible" or not. Enough workarounds and replacements, I'm sick of it.
LMAO... And you decide who is good/experience? Who is right and wrong? Or only those agreeing with you are among this "expert class".

Ok, I have more time played then you, I even have more infantry play then you (60% of my kills). And I say you are making too much of it.

Yes it changed, no it's not as it was before, for sure we will soon see people find a way to create exploit for new things, some will call it skills other exploits. I'm sure you were not one of those prone spammer, the thing is this was put in place as prone spamming was starting to be a plague.

No using this "trick" doesn't make you unskill. If for you it was fun to play like this, then I understand why this is so frustrating. But since you are so experience, it's a mood point to complain, you should still be an "expert". Or may be you started to rely too much on it and now you can't really play without it?

We all crying for your lost if you really leave the game, really... give me your address I'll even send you flowers. Just j/k.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6562|Reisterstown, MD

SargeV1.4 wrote:

and you're a good player? I think not.
Never said I was a good player.  Also, I'm not the one crying and whining over something that is relatively small if you are an average player.  If you are dumb enough to get caught in the open, then u deserve to die.   If you are not good enough to not be able to kill someone in 5-8 bullets, then you deserve to wait 15 sec to respawn.  It seems that with every patch that EA/DICE comes out with, people complain and whine even if the patch does what it is supposed to do.  You play a game that has free servers.  You play a game that doesn't have a monthly subscription fee like World of Warcraft.  You play a game that the developers are kind enough to still pump out patches for a game that is probably not making them any more money.  Yet, people still complain.  How gay is that.  If you don't like the game/latest patch, simply don't play it and go whine about another game.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
Yeah, as I used to be in the #1 infantry clan, I know who is good and bad. You are bad. I am sick of these people who can't play well and don't know the tricks telling those who know a thing or two to shut up.
MrBrain
+24|6661|Finland

Ben>You wrote:

Perfect. Haven't played it yet Sarge, but I'm going to take your word for it.

I also think I'm going to go back to 1.12, back to the patch that the game was best in.
Agreed. In the beginning the game was playable, now we have a patch almost the same size as the game and a hellalot of server/client crashes. Back in the good old days crashed were quite rare, and it wasn't slow and gay
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

The#1Spot wrote:

Well guess what you shouldnt have been one of the bunnyhopping/dolfing diving freaks in the earlier patches then you wouldnt have this problem you just suck cause you relied on those lame tactics to survive and now you pay the price and i have seen no difference in the movement actually i have seen improvements.
Well said my friend
Buzerk1
+44|6807

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Really, I mean really? I played with you and some of the TOP guys, and what makes you leathal is your team play. I don't see how this patch change that?

You are one of the best player out there, if EA wouldn't had reset you, you would be in the TOP ten (not that you really care ). I mean coming from you I find it surprising that you can't raise your game to another level
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6598|Warlord

SargeV1.4 wrote:

It's not about my ability to be a flying pancake. I barely ever do that. It's simply free movement that has been nerfed resulting in an even more slow and boring infantry combat system.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Did you even read the entire post? We don't rely on the tactics to survive. Between good players, a fight will be over well before dolphin diving/bunny hopping starts happening. It's you skillless fucks who insist that different movement is somehow a replacement for skill that's the problem.
Utter rubbish. I've seen you play and you never, not once, moved around without flopping like a dying fish. You did it all the freakin' time so stop lying to support your argument FFS!

Besides, you said you were done with this game so be a man of your word, go play CS and stop bugging us with whiny posts about how the game doesn't allow you to hump the ground incessantly.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Full of yourself much? Your definition of 'better players', 'real players' is not one everybody shares.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
Sarge is right , as always . Congratulations EA , infantry nerfing is complete .
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Yeah, as I used to be in the #1 infantry clan
Used to be? what happened? Did you leave or did Rock fold?
And yes 1.4 screwed the infantry combat over. To all the people who think that I can't adapt; I've played quite a few rounds of this new patch, owned, came top of the pub, got a good kdr (2-3+:1), only it wasn't  anywhere near as fun, becuase everything is slowed down a GREAT deal.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6508|Search Whore killing fields
Im looking at stats and allot of you guys saying "adapt" at low ranks. So you havent played 1.2, So stop flaming sarge you assholes.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
thanks you aries, no I haven't left. No one from Rock is sure at the moment, I think.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-09-06 12:40:25)

Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6464
I just played a couple of rounds, not much to say... seems everyone goes sniper and lays claymore every where then spams nades around, or runs for armour.

I got bronze and would have got gold but got faced with "There is a problem with your connection". It's easy now, and so predictable. No more good fights I guess, good going DICE.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6551|England

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Yeah, as I used to be in the #1 infantry clan, I know who is good and bad. You are bad. I am sick of these people who can't play well and don't know the tricks telling those who know a thing or two to shut up.
Havent you gone yet ??

And watch out for the hackers in C.S that will make you slit your wrists.

As for knowing who has and who hasnt got any skill here ,unless you have spent time watching every single player here or looking at all there stats you wouldnt have a clue .

Go smoke some more of your great dutch weed and dream some more boy because your not even close to mixing it with the big boys in CS

Last edited by Knight`UK (2006-09-06 11:51:24)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6608|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Sarge i agree with you FULLY.

Alls i have to say.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6551|England

DirtyMexican wrote:

Im looking at stats and allot of you guys saying "adapt" at low ranks. So you havent played 1.2, So stop flaming sarge you assholes.
low ranks coming from you ??? = http://bf2s.com/player/74615666/ not even i would call people low ranks even at sarge major .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard