liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
Duplicate your "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2" folder.

i.e. make a backup before installing.

(this applies to any patch)
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6502
Already doing it. Got a match on Friday if 1.4 isnt approved by TWL by then.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
I already installed it.  Is there any problem?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

I haven't had any problems.  Odd.
Jeret03
+2|6602

liquidat0r wrote:

Is this the way you can have 1.3 and 1.4 at the same time, just switching between the two folders??
souljar
+8|6455|Liverpool U.K
I got a recommendation, don't install this pile of shit !
JaMrulezass
+47|6435|Hong Kong
actually 1.4 has been fine so far NO Problems at fucking all, ppl seem to keep complainign about unable to log in etc.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK

Jeret03 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Is this the way you can have 1.3 and 1.4 at the same time, just switching between the two folders??
yes, if you like
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6423|Cambridge, UK

souljar wrote:

I got a recommendation, don't install this pile of shit !
Another well thought out point!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK

JaMrulezass wrote:

actually 1.4 has been fine so far NO Problems at fucking all, ppl seem to keep complainign about unable to log in etc.
If you're unable to log in, check your firewall settings. With each new patch it creates a new program to be approved by your firewall so if you've started up BF2 and it's not letting you in you might want to try ALT+TABing out and checking that there isn't a firewall window open asking you to accept BF2 accessing the net.
Obadiah
+0|6730|Wisconsin - Mooo...
Funny, I installed the incremental patch and could not log in even after repeated attempts.  I then installed the full patch and was able to log in on the first try.
mundox
+0|6433|PTY, Panama
I installed the incremental patch with no problems at all.
IRONCHEF
+385|6462|Northern California
I patched my 1.3 and had nothing but trouble.  Then I did a full/clean uninstall of the whole client, then put in BF2, SF, and then the ful 1.4....and voilá!  This is an old habit I've followed with all games I play that get updates...not worth limping by after taking a chance on a patch.  Repeated patching = bloatware problems.
jugobeer
+18|6425
It work perfectly
22Fox
+0|6468|TEXAS

liquidat0r wrote:

Jeret03 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

yes, if you like
Noob question probably, but how does this work?  I have a clean "vanilla" install right now, but was wanting to patch up to 1.4.  However, I would like to be able to play unpatched too.  Is this what you are talking about, switching between the two?  How can you do that?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK

22Fox wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Jeret03 wrote:

yes, if you like
Noob question probably, but how does this work?  I have a clean "vanilla" install right now, but was wanting to patch up to 1.4.  However, I would like to be able to play unpatched too.  Is this what you are talking about, switching between the two?  How can you do that?
Duplicate your folder before patching
Call it "Battlefield 2 1.3" (or anything).
Duplicate your shortcut; call it Battlefield 1.3
Change your shortcut target to: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 1.3\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
Change your shortcut 'start in' C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 1.3"
Install the patch, (it will patch the normal 'Battlefield 2' folder.

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6615|Seattle, WA
I suggest you all just download and play the Project reality mod, it is a lot better than vanilla, a lot more teamwork, its what BF2 should have been.

http://www.realitymod.com/
Roomaster
+15|6632
ive had no problems and my game is working alot better than before! YAY for me
arson
+99|6607|New York

mundox wrote:

I installed the incremental patch with no problems at all.
chemaster
+1|6404
The only problem i am having is for BF2S.com and BFHQ are not updating my sats since the install.  Any one else having this prblem?
radron65
+4|6390| U.S.A.
nope
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6626|UK
i had a HUGE problem with my bf2 due to a delayed write file problem, i decided to instal the game in safe mode along with all patches, and have not had a problem since, so my advice is to install all games and patches in safe mode as some time windows programs can cuase insabillllllllllllllllity ocasionally
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6500|Belgium

JaMrulezass wrote:

I had that, but i fixed it by reentering my pass..
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6353|Afghanistan

IRONCHEF wrote:

I patched my 1.3 and had nothing but trouble.  Then I did a full/clean uninstall of the whole client, then put in BF2, SF, and then the ful 1.4....and voilá!  This is an old habit I've followed with all games I play that get updates...not worth limping by after taking a chance on a patch.  Repeated patching = bloatware problems.
Before I do a clean install I always clean out the old registry entries - That's where most of the problems are probably coming from. BF2 patches seem to be notorious for leaving old reg keys laying around that cause major headaches ...

~ W
eyesteponbabies
Banned
+13|6402|St.Louis, Missouri
I'm keeping what I have and thats 1.4 original. I dont want some shitty patch screwing up my game. Until it comes out on EA.com , I'm not downloading shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard