Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6547|San Diego, CA, USA
After seeing the hard work that [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1 did to make the Weapon's Chart I made this tool to compare his weapon stats:

1.40 Weapon Compare Webpage
http://www.pixelwebgroup.com/temp/bf2/b … ns_140.htm

The older 1.30 version can be found here:
1.30 Weapon Compare Webpage
http://www.pixelwebgroup.com/temp/bf2/b … eapons.htm

The original thread to discuss the accuracy of the data can be found here:
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthre … mp;t=56385

I'm making the assumption that the data [DUCKS] provided is correct, so if there is a problem with the data let [DUCKS] know. 

There are no images in this version because all the guns from the MODs are included in this version.  I have to update all the images for all the guns for all the mods before I can support images like the 1.30 version did.

Enjoy.

The original table did not have the "Long Names" of the guns.  Therefore I entered them myself.  However, there are ALOT of name problems that I need your help in correcting.  For the time being I added the raw name to the drop down list, but my intension is to remove it when there are no errors.

Also until the names are resolved I can't organize the guns by Kit, because I just don't know.

Here's a sample (without the raw names in the drop downs):
https://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5238/bf2140compareweapontoolvd7.jpg

EDIT: Point of Existance 2, Desert Combat, Project Reality and USI modded gun data added.
EDIT1: Fixed spelling mistake: its "Point of Existence" not "Point of Existance"
EDIT2: Its "Desert Conflict" not "Desert Combat"...fixed.
EDIT3: Updated to support different mods.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-10-04 15:43:49)

Avarice
+41|6571|London, UK
Awesome! +1 My good man!

~ Avarice
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
great work, hate to be a bitch here but what are the differences between 1.3 & 1.4?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
TokyoJoe
+5|6544
were some guns nerfed/tweaked? lets find out.
kingcoyote
+5|6629|Montana
Thanks for your work!  However, it looks like all of the data is rounded to the first decimal point.  You need to allow up to three decimals.  Best example is the sniper rifles.  They are listed with an min dev of 0 because .01 or .005 is being round to the first decimal. 

thank
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
omg w00t, you added POE! (and to think I just PMed you about that, heh)  There's one thing though, you have it as point of existance, its Point of Existence.  Great job though!

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-09-05 14:06:20)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

kingcoyote wrote:

Thanks for your work!  However, it looks like all of the data is rounded to the first decimal point.  You need to allow up to three decimals.  Best example is the sniper rifles.  They are listed with an min dev of 0 because .01 or .005 is being round to the first decimal. 

thank
I talk to [DUCKS] who extracted the data.  I know when we where doing the 1.30 version it had some rounding errors (i.e. 16.666 = 99.997 not 100 for the number of shots for the G36C to kill someone).

The numbers are infact rounded.  This is a huge problem that will need to be fixed as soon as possible.
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
Great!

It would be nice if there was a checkbox for each mod and menu so that I can check "BF2" on one and "POE2" on the other and then only see those weapons in the menu. Those menues will be enormous with the amount of weapons in various mods. Perhaps a checkbox for kits as well.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

voltage wrote:

Great!

It would be nice if there was a checkbox for each mod and menu so that I can check "BF2" on one and "POE2" on the other and then only see those weapons in the menu. Those menues will be enormous with the amount of weapons in various mods. Perhaps a checkbox for kits as well.
I was thinking about that too.  I'll probably just have another drop down with all the mods.  Reason is Ducks just added Allied Intent to the list of gun data.  Also he fixed the rounding problem in the Excel sheet that has the extracted data.  This weekend when I have more time I'll update the page to select the MOD (BF2, Allied Intent, Desert Conflict, Point of Existance 2 etc...).

Not sure if there's any point to allow you to compare weapons from different MODs.  Is there any point allowing you to compare a BF2 AK-101 vs. a POE2 AK-101???

Perhaps I'll have an option in the dropdown menu for the MODs to "Show All" and dynamically fill the weapon lists accordingly.  Would that be better?

Also because the raw gun data doesn't have the 'long name' and the kit that its associated with I can't very easily have the drop downs sorted by kit...I've asked Ducks to provide that data and hopefully a future version will have it like the 1.30 version.

Also I don't have images for all the weapons, especially the MODs because I don't have them downloaded.  In the future I intend to download the MODs and extract the image files of the weapons and add them to the compare table...as it is now I disabled that feature.

BTW, if anyone wants to copy the code and use it on their site you have my permission.  As far as I'm concerned this page and the code that I wrote is public domain.  All I ask is if you make improvements to post them here for the community.

I should have more time this Sunday to fix all this...sorry for the delay.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-09-08 20:37:32)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

Very cool, good job. I say keep the BF2 and mod comparisons, just for fun. I know there's a place in the game files with the weapon images, I can scour for those tomorrow if you'd like.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Very cool, good job. I say keep the BF2 and mod comparisons, just for fun. I know there's a place in the game files with the weapon images, I can scour for those tomorrow if you'd like.
I know where they are...I would just have to download all the MODs and get the images for each of the guns...that's all.

The problem I have is that the names in the RAW data of the table aren't the human readable, therefore I have match them.  I asked Ducks to add a column of the 'in-game name' and the 'kit(s)' used for each weapon.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-09-08 21:10:00)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Updated to support different mods.

Personally I still like version 1.30:
http://www.pixelwebgroup.com/temp/bf2/b … eapons.htm

Last edited by Harmor (2006-10-04 15:41:57)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Anyone know where I can find the BF2142 chart?  I've been looking for it to make a BF2142 version of the above.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6310
this is going to sound dumb that i didn't know what this was till now but... what is Deviation
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

teamorange wrote:

this is going to sound dumb that i didn't know what this was till now but... what is Deviation
Departure of an observation from its expected value.

It's how much the bullets spread out.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6310

liquidat0r wrote:

teamorange wrote:

Departure of an observation from its expected value.

It's how much the bullets spread out.
so it the cross hair?
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Sniper rifles- 600 rounds per minute?
Wallpaper
+303|5993|The pool
Thats one hell of a bump for one mistake
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6188|Canada

Wallpaper wrote: