-101-InvaderZim
+42|6836|Waikato, Aotearoa
Bindy its up to you to carry on your dad's work and legacy.

Make him proud
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6542|Reading, Basingrad

ALKYDER wrote:

It is now sad that Jermaine Grier Womens Liberationist has come out and publicly slammed Steve Irwin whilst he is now deceased. She has bee placed on talk back radio's down here for running a website that contains remarks about his death that are pathetic.

Please if anyone can get this website or even take it off the net the challenge is there.

Thank You.

Nobody has a right to defame legends after they die.
Find the site and I'll do some "alterations"
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6527|Forest Lake, Australia
Isn't it funny how an american started this thread...

R.I.P. to the big fella upstairs...
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
Tribute to Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter,

Crocodile hunter" Steve Irwin has survived tussles with giant pythons, poisonous snakes and, of course, crocodiles,  Steve Irwin, 44, was killed  (Monday) when he was attacked by a stingray during the filming of an underwater documentary about the Great Barrier Reef.

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/donym11/Steve-Irwin.jpg

post your comments

Last edited by blademaster (2006-09-05 00:34:27)

sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6525|Denmizzark!!
May he rest in peace with the animals..

Knowing steve he probably wouldnt even be angry at "the little bugger" for stinging him..

Man I loved that guy..
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6702|austria
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas
Uhh...News must be about a day behind in Chicago.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6534|Doncaster UK
the world needed a person like him to teach an idoit like me what not to do to animals.

glad he died doing what he loved and not in a car crash or anything like that, i think he would look at it that way too, may he rest in peace!!!!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
he proved to the world that not even him is immortal
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
NiggleMuffin
Banned
+0|6437|McNegra
I wonder if he would've lived had he not pulled the barb out (you know, maybe give time for some surgeons to conduct critical cardiovascular work). They say he died not from the poison but from the fatal gouge of the stinger.

Must be the compulsions of his Wild Life Warrior nature which finally got him killed...couldn't stand the alienation by the creature's appendage, and in such, gave way to his demise. Poor chap. Too warrior for his own good.

Last edited by NiggleMuffin (2006-09-05 03:20:44)

chef1969
Banned
+7|6440|uk
You'll always be with us Steve and thank you for all you have done you will be truly missed

R.I.P
Shadow893
lel
+75|6684|England

chef1969 wrote:

You'll always be with us Steve and thank you for all you have done you will be truly missed

R.I.P
I totally agree with you dude. I nearly cried when I heard the news. I always watched every one of his programs he did, even the one for kids.

R.I.P dude. You done good.
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6525|Australia

Macca wrote:

As Steve Irwin said:
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."
Strong words. Very Strong words.

He was an Extremely brave man.

Last edited by TheDoctor (2006-09-05 04:33:51)

sgt_rambo35
Banned
+5|6457
I grew up watching him on tv. Great loss:( What a legend!

R.I.P

I will never forget "crickey"

Is there any more details on what happened? was he wearing a wetsuit or just those brown shorts and shirt?
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6836|Waikato, Aotearoa
He was prolly wearing his kahkis. The water is too warm for a suit
sgt_rambo35
Banned
+5|6457
I bet he wouldnt hold any bad feeling on that stingray either
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6711|Las Vegas
As much as I regret Steves' untimely death, I can't help but find it ironic that so many people are completely freaked out by one man's death, yet so easily shrug off the thousands of other senseless deaths which happen daily.  Steve was a great man, but how is his death any more important than the pedestrian who was killed 3 blocks from my house this morning?  I'm sure she was a great person too.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting to be too cynical for my own good...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

ShotYourSix wrote:

As much as I regret Steves' untimely death, I can't help but find it ironic that so many people are completely freaked out by one man's death, yet so easily shrug off the thousands of other senseless deaths which happen daily.  Steve was a great man, but how is his death any more important than the pedestrian who was killed 3 blocks from my house this morning?  I'm sure she was a great person too.

There is a difference. Steve Irwin was known world-wide, as that crazy aussie that jumps into a pool with some crocodiles, and walk to live.

Many people whatched his tv shows.
Altophish
+8|6492
So ok.  I can answer that.  But, don't think I'm a  jerk because I answer your question.

First of all, what was the pedestrians name?  Don't look in the paper, just tell me.  Then tell me how many wildlife foundations that pedestrian is responsible for either starting, funding, or otherwise supporting?  How many people has your pedestrian impacted?  How many laws has he help enact, or legislature that helps protect habitat, not only in his back yard, but around the world? 

His wife is from my neck of the woods, (Oregon) and I got to meet the man a time a two.  (They were involved in a research program in Klamath Falls).  I can honestly tell you that I have never met another person with as much drive and passion for the things he loves.

Your pedestrian is special.  But some people are just more special.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

wtf ^^
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6711|Las Vegas

Altophish wrote:

So ok.  I can answer that.  But, don't think I'm a  jerk because I answer your question.

First of all, what was the pedestrians name?  Don't look in the paper, just tell me.  Then tell me how many wildlife foundations that pedestrian is responsible for either starting, funding, or otherwise supporting?  How many people has your pedestrian impacted?  How many laws has he help enact, or legislature that helps protect habitat, not only in his back yard, but around the world? 

His wife is from my neck of the woods, (Oregon) and I got to meet the man a time a two.  (They were involved in a research program in Klamath Falls).  I can honestly tell you that I have never met another person with as much drive and passion for the things he loves.

Your pedestrian is special.  But some people are just more special.
I don't think you are a jerk.

I have no idea what her name is.  My neighbor is a cop and he told me about it earlier this evening (which is what got me to thinking about how a random senseless death compares to a random senseless celebrity death).  Interesting that her name is your first question though.  As if it somehow matters.

I have no idea how many wildlife foundations she started, funded or supported.  While starting, funding or supporting a wildlife foundation is very commendable, I'm not convinced it should be a basis for the valuation of ones life.  While most good people do good works, they don't always make headlines.

How many people has she impacted?  Jon told me that she had twin daughters and one boy (I would imagine that she impacted those lives).  I'm certain her death impacted them as well.  Perhaps in ways you and I will never comprehend.

How many laws and legislature did she enact?  I suspect none at all.  A shame really, her death could have meant so much more if only......

You said: "Your pedestrian is special.  But some people are just more special."
Perhaps you could explain that to her family.

I'm not trying to minimize the death of a great icon, he was a great man and he will be missed.  I just regret that fact that we (and I'm including myself here) can so easily brush aside a common death and yet be so impacted by the death of a public figure.  Sadly though, I'll probably have forgotten this womans death and her family in a month or so, and you will likely have forgotten about them by morning.  Neither of us will ever forget the death of Steve Irwin.  Somehow, that disturbs me...

In retrospect, I should have started a new topic for this discussion, I never intended to minimize the death of Steve.  My appologies to anyone who was offended by my comments...

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-09-06 01:54:55)

Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6437|Australia.

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

He was prolly wearing his kahkis. The water is too warm for a suit
Bloody oath. Video footage shows Steve wearing his khakis while diving that day.

Dinky di and rough as guts.

Last edited by Macca (2006-09-06 04:02:40)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

ShotYourSix wrote:

I totally agree (and to your follow-up post(s)). Also, I don't think it's at all disrespectful, in fact I think it shows a greater repsect for human life in general.

Also, a better comparison than the pedestrian is all those people that are killed in Iraq every day. How many of those do we hear about? How many of them a mourned by more than an handfull of people who didn't know them?

No life is any more or less valuable than any other.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6738|Mexico City
RIP
a good man who cared for the planet and all the living creatures in it.
GOODSPEED STEVE
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6567
What a shame. God bless you Steve, you will truly be missed. Both myself and my children loved watching his shows and were greatful for the way he taught us about animals. My prayers and thoughts go to His wife and 2 little kids. R.I.P. Steve

C.I.P.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard