farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6523

OK, i signed up for that veterans thing about 2-3 weeks ago and now it said in the EA message its live so how do i get my taunt to use in BF2. I dont have the 2142 beta so yeah. Do i have to wait til 2142 comes out?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
taunt is for 2142 i belive
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6611|Manitowoc, WI
I don't know which game it is for, but if it is for BF2, we would need to wait for 1.4 to use it because the voice and template to say the taunt are not currently on or hard drives.

Edit: sorry, didnt realise 1.4 was out when i wrote this.  They should really put this kind of info in big bold letters at the top of the page so people would know.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-09-05 17:01:02)

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6714|Oregon
its for 2142...and it doesn't work for the beta.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/veteran.aspx wrote:

As a reminder of your heroic efforts in Battlefield 2, we are pleased to announce that you will also be awarded an exclusive Veteran indicator next to your name in Battlefield 2142, so other players will recognize that you’ve had a tour of duty in Battlefield 2. You will also receive an immediate promotion in Battlefield 2142, which will let you choose an unlock. Finally, you will receive a new verbal taunt to use in Battlefield 2.
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6500
I thought it would be active once 2142 came out, THEN it would work in BF2.  At least that was the impression I got.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6566

Community Update wrote:

The recently announced Veterans Program gives everyone who has played Battlefield 2 the ability to reserve a soldier name and receive an immediate boost in rank so that they are able to hit the field running.....Veterans also receive an exclusive in-game indicator of their Veterans status and a special verbal taunt in BF2 together with patch 1.4.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6523

M_Harrower wrote:

Community Update wrote:

The recently announced Veterans Program gives everyone who has played Battlefield 2 the ability to reserve a soldier name and receive an immediate boost in rank so that they are able to hit the field running.....Veterans also receive an exclusive in-game indicator of their Veterans status and a special verbal taunt in BF2 together with patch 1.4.
1.4 is out but i have no verbal taunt....oh well i gues EA/Dice skrewed up again
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6473|Purdue

farmerfez wrote:

M_Harrower wrote:

Community Update wrote:

1.4 is out but i have no verbal taunt....oh well i gues EA/Dice skrewed up again
Most likely a typo...what'd be the point of having a taunt in BF2 for playing BF2...that's just stupid.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6785
I want my taunt >
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

Goven wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

M_Harrower wrote:

Most likely a typo...what'd be the point of having a taunt in BF2 for playing BF2...that's just stupid.
There are files in one of the .zip's for taunts, I think taunt1 2 and 3... all just laughs but it's still a taunt

the question is how do we use them?
w0rst
+1|6467
When you sign up for that stupid programm, doesn't it say you have to login to bf2142 in order to unlock the taunt? Probably EA is trying to make you buy thier next crap in order to get the taunt for bf2...
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6538|Doncaster, UK
Well if you've signed up for the veterans program you're already intending to "buy thier next crap" so it's not exactly a tool to pressurise you.

Why have you signed up for the vet's program if you're not gonna buy BF2142?
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6495|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

White-Fusion wrote:

taunt is for 2142 i belive
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
A taunt for BF2? Why would anyone care about this? I'm certain some might but that's good for everyone else without it. While these people are taunting they can get shot eaier. Makes them nice targets.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

The taunt is obviously for BF2. EA most likely put it in to motivate people to still play BF2, while luring them into buying BF2142 with the veteran's program at the same time. Those are sneaky bastards at EA, that's for sure.
My guess is the taunt will be activated once BF2142 is out, but I really wouldn't know how. After all, login systems for BF2 and BF2142 are different. BF2 uses a gamespy account, while BF2142 will use a EA.com account.
A dream come true. Finally, we will be able to humiliate fallen enemies the way they deserve it. Teabagging is for amatuers, Pro's use *drumroll* the taunt....

/sarcasm
Stylux
+4|6447
Whats so great about an stupid taunt, it is fun the first week....
flyboy65
dapilot
+2|6437

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Well if you've signed up for the veterans program you're already intending to "buy thier next crap" so it's not exactly a tool to pressurise you.

i signed up for it so no one would have my name if i buy it later on which i probably wont
SGT.Slayero
+98|6457|Life in a vacuum sucks
taunt is for bf2
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
If you have to log into bf2142 to use it wtf is the point?. Plus, the beta forces you to use ur EA profile and not the vet account you've created as far as i know
Chou
+737|6783
Use-able was the question, still to find out is the answer.
Don't expect a manual from Dice, EA wouldn't let them
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6648|Brisbane, Australia

Its a typo, get over it

But if it was true, mine would be for BF2 "I Beta Test, You Dont."
APortillo
+21|6505|California, USA
But would those that haven't signed up for the veterans program be able to hear our taunt?
w0rst
+1|6467

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

because i want the taunts, why else? - ok, and because a friend asked me if i can sign up and check if i get the taunts (because he didn't). I'm not going to buy bf2142. period.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
i would love to have the "ha ha!" for bf2, such a cool laugh...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard