BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6753|Chicago.
Patching.

I'll let you guys know...

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-09-05 14:18:41)

SoC./Omega
+122|6543|Omaha, Nebraska!
from what ive heard they fixed dolphin diving..
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Praises:

I like the fact that for the SL and members, if there are already the maximum of 2 vehicles on the map that have been dropped in by your commander, then the option is redded out when requesting it. Thats a pretty neat idea on DICE's part since people always spam it and its never ready when they want it.

I can hit "Join Game" and it wont crash...I no longer have to hit Esc and have the menu load up as soon as I get into the map every time (I rarely CTD'd in 1.3, so that doesnt matter )

Jalalalabad is a great map, although I dont think Ill play it too much since Im into all the "big maps". I hope it takes over from the fucked up, stat pad central, karkand, though.

Server browser is better than 1.3, although I think its still a little buggy with the pings.

Incremental patch WORKED!!!!!

Building glitching appears to have been stopped - havent seen it myself, but from what I have read - so thats a definite bonus.

And I swear that when joining a server, its a lot quicker than it used to be....

Last edited by Snake (2006-09-05 14:35:06)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6753|Chicago.

Snake wrote:

Praises:

I like the fact that for the SL and members, if there are already the maximum of 2 vehicles on the map that have been dropped in by your commander, then the option is redded out when requesting it. Thats a pretty neat idea on DICE's part since people always spam it and its never ready when they want it.

I can hit "Join Game" and it wont crash...I no longer have to hit Esc and have the menu load up as soon as I get into the map every time (I rarely CTD'd in 1.3, so that doesnt matter )

Jalalalabad is a great map, although I dont think Ill play it too much since Im into all the "big maps". I hope it takes over from the fucked up, stat pad central, karkand, though.

Server browser is better than 1.3, although I think its still a little buggy with the pings.

Incremental patch WORKED!!!!!

Building glitching appears to have been stopped - havent seen it myself, but from what I have read - so thats a definite bonus.

And I swear that when joining a server, its a lot quicker than it used to be....
Snake basically summed up all that I was going to say.

Finally, a good patch. Huzzah.
Swimmerxc
+12|6480|DC/VA

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Eh... well, 1.4 looks better than 1.3. A four is higher than a three. HAs to be better, right?
Actually, I'm not really noticing much of a difference... and I don't really like the new map.
hit the z button
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6659|Birmingham
new map FTW!! i like it alot. has a certain SF feel to it.
specxops
Banned
+18|6652|Boca Raton,Florida
i love it but i wont be using the no vehicles filter, im not a vehicle whore but i think its more realistic with vehicles and adds diversity to the game, i like having to avoid tanks and stuff
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655
it's all good.  still came up with most points (except commander) twice in a row on the first 2 games of Jalabad, none of the changes seem to affect my play style in the slightest.

edit: was infantry for the most part of both rounds.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-09-05 15:44:54)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6529|Belgium

I like it till now. Took me a while to install it (had to reinstall bf2 etc) but played for 2 houres without a server crash. The new map is very nice, although it can be heavy on armor from times to time it has some nice infantry going on. I played the map twice and I have already a 138 best score.

Haven't played the no vehicles option yet though, don't need my medic points that hard at the moment.

Prone-delay is oke. Is not as hard as I thought it was, just annoying if it takes a while to start shooting with the support.
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California
Yeah! Jalalabad is available again!  (with stat recording)  I love that map.. Best dang map out there.
NoS
karma padder
+13|6628|UK
the prone to crouch "fix" is stated wrongly, the delay is from going from crouch/standing back to prone again. good news IMO, it still allowes you to get up quickly after you have gone to prone, and it still makes for easy knife kills
Macenthe
+2|6446|South Carolina, USA
I'm going to give praise with a conditional. The incremental patch did nothing to get my current install of BF2 to work (also have EuroForce). I then attempted the Full with no luck either. I did a full uninstall/reinstall, patch, and reinstall of EuroForce and everything seems to be working now. It's annoying to have to do that, but I've been running the game for almost an hour without problem. So in the end the patch is "good". EA/Dice need to get the house in order with game support otherwise I'm going to have to reconsider 2142.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6452|United States
-Weapons seem more accurate.
-Shots register alot more than they used to.
-Delay from prone to standing isnt that bad, its enough so you can still shoot and take cover easily.
- CTD appears to have been fixed.
- No more C4 chucking exploit.
- No more glitching in walls with jeeps.
-You can no longer call for vehicle drops on buildings.
- Ak-101 is more accurate.
-M16 burst is more accurate as well. It doesnt lose its accuracy after 2nd burst anymore.
TF501|Rocker
+6|6576
No problems here either, those god awful CTDs and server crashes are gone.

(knocks on wood)

Whatever problems ppls are having must be local.

Teflon sums it up quite well.

Much better IMO.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6736|Singapore
77.6kb/sec to dl from US mirror wow. I bet lots of people are dling it.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6767|Toronto Canada
i dont mind this patch at all! i played jalalabad for about an hour and walked away with a couple hundred points, and i had a lot of fun doing it! infantry only is sick.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
I haven't played it much yet but the initial results are promising, played several maps on different servers & no crashes yet, everything seems ok thus far but I like to test then re-test over & over.
I'll get back to everyone in a week...
devilcat
+7|6693
The only praise I have so far is the fact that they didnt lower the standards for awards and ranks, the noobs will have to try harder to get the ranks instead of EA lowering the standards every time a new patch comes out, but 400 hours in a tank for the veteran Armour badge, come on I'm not going to sit in a tank for 400 hours lol
Buzerk1
+44|6838
Is it better then 1.4 (stability wise)? Yes.... as someone said, it does feel like it loads faster.

Leaving a loading map: I never seen it be that fast in the past. Before it was faster to wait for the map to load and then leave.

Server browsing: Yeah, fixed and much better (hard to have it worse )

Prone/Stand Delay.... I don't see much difference, but I was not prone spamming either

No server crash in the 2 hrs I play today.... Much much much better.... overall, I say it's a good patch. Perfect? Well put 10 people in room and they will never agree, so it's the same here. It's not perfect, but much better.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-09-05 20:12:27)

ozzie_johnson
+98|6660|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
EAT IT prone divers.
wohlfeil
+4|6641
Played Jalalabad Inf only. I was killed million times - and killed nearly nobody - like THEY know the map since years - but COOL Coulours - Great Sight - Sniper`s Paradise - could be - after long discovery journeys on servers with  nobody on - a wonderful map for me

but:  "there is a problem with your connection"
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6635|Sin City

I played for a few hours today and didn't notice any tanks flying though the air, that's a plus.
PheloniusRM
+8|6700|Mission Viejo, CA
The number one mission of Dice is to counter the effects of third party software. They are afraid (rightly so) that it will destroy 2142 before it can even get started. On the surface there are very few "features" or "fixes" with the new patch. Thats why there is very little praise. It seems like a nothing patch. Now why do you suppose the complaint thread is so busy? Because all the people using third party software have had their fun blowed up. Of course they dont come right out and say "screw you dice you ruined my hacks." They dance around the issue instead.

My take is this. There are only two types of people still playing bf2. Those that have figured out a way to not use software and not be padding someone elses stats, and those that use software and dont care. Me personally I command, armor whore and snipe. That is the only way to stay away from the hackers.
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6539|California
I liked 1.4....I didnt see a big difference in anything.  I got a lot of kills on the RJ map.  RJ is a great map in my opinion.
pwned7
+53|6580

FlamingDeath wrote:

Wow its amazing to see that the 1.4 patch complain thread is upto 4 pages already and this is still on its 1st.

hahaha thats because ive been giving it to the pronespammers on that thread and telling them that their days of pwning are over!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard