cpt.fass4
+1|6444
It's actaully a really simple plan that would take a while to put in place. But drop the income tax on american citizens and make the money back in sales tax. A billion dollar wall is not going to stop this problem at all, but econimics would. While improving our living conditions and increasing our wages to cover the cost of living that it would obviously have, we will fix this problem at the roots.

thoughts?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
I think we invaded the wrong country when we went to Iraq.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

How about fixing the spelling problem first?

What your solution does here is encourage people NOT to spend money, which is very bad for the economy.
kilgoretrout
+53|6470|Little Rock, AR

chittydog wrote:

What your solution does here is encourage people NOT to spend money, which is very bad for the economy.
not really.  people will have more money to spend if there are no income taxes.  a flat sales tax also has the added benifit of taxing people that make their money on the black market.  it wouldn't tax crack deals, but crack dealers buy stuff.
jonsimon
+224|6495
To chitty: Any disincentive to spend would be reconciled by the huge increases in disposable income. Besides, sales taxes are actually applied to the seller, not the buyer, and depending on elasticity of demand, is not always passed onto the buyer.

And to fass: I don't see how this addresses immagration.
TinMaN
+5|6448|Kansas City, KS, USA

chittydog wrote:

no, i don't think it does.  the extra change i would get from no income tax makes up for it, and this way i know that those among us that work 'under the table' (insert foot now) don't send all the money down south.

sounds actually like a very viable option.
ITI..JACKSTONE..ITI
+3|6606
The no income tax idea has merit. As we all know all those millions of American women out there with more spending power would be a economic boom for small businesses as well as the large ones. We (Americans) love to spend our money on all kinds of shit, most of it on things we dont even need. A fedreal sales tax would rake in more captial revenue for the treasury than I think most poeple really know.
chittydog
less busy

You guys may be right, but the extra sales tax would have to be paired with extra tariffs on goods brought into this country. Although it's a small portion of the population, those of us who live close to the border will have some extra incentive to buy our goods on the other side.
cpt.fass4
+1|6444

jonsimon wrote:

To chitty: Any disincentive to spend would be reconciled by the huge increases in disposable income. Besides, sales taxes are actually applied to the seller, not the buyer, and depending on elasticity of demand, is not always passed onto the buyer.

And to fass: I don't see how this addresses immagration.
It addresses Immagration by creating no benifit to the Illegal status here. Right now you have workers who are working tax free and only spend on Neccesities, like food, cloths and other non taxed products. Employers wouldn't hire Illegals because they wouldn't have the tax break then. It would push them to become legal so they get higher wages to keep purchase power..
luckeydogg
+35|6529|C:/system32/pimp.exe
Genocide?
ATG
Banned
There, now that the shock has worn off, what I mean is; Mexico is a corrupt country.
One example; Our counter terrorism experts trained and equipt a "elite" group of counter narcotic paramilitary troops who promptly went on the payroll of the drug lords.
I could rave but suffice it to say Mexico is/was a bigger threat than Iraq ever was in terms to the damage being done with the eager beavere help of Bush and his croonies.
I just don't understand why we have abandoned our borders.

I talked to a "former Marine" who told me he had first hand knowledge of Middle eastern terrorists attempting to smuggle WMDs into the U.S. , he said many Al Queda type had tried to cross the border. He said they get killed and left naked for the animals to devour, which takes 2-3 weeks or so where there are a lot of coyotes and buzzards.
     He told me predator drones and cooperation with the meixcan governmnet lets our people decide who gets in and who gets killed trying.
cpt.fass4
+1|6444

luckeydogg wrote:

Genocide?
is that addressing the post or just your idea?
chittydog
less busy

The part of this that people won't like is that lower income citizens will be spending a proportionately larger amount of their income on taxes. Poor people don't have the luxury of saving and many times spend everything they have (or more) out of necessity. The same could go for middle class families with lots of kids. Suddenly they go from having a tax break to support the family lifestyle, to paying more in taxes because their expenses are higher. Anyone with children will agree that their expenses are higher.
luckeydogg
+35|6529|C:/system32/pimp.exe

cpt.fass4 wrote:

luckeydogg wrote:

Genocide?
is that addressing the post or just your idea?
My idea...  I'm easily amused... 
ATG
Banned
probably quick to get banned throwning that out.
cpt.fass4
+1|6444

ATG wrote:

There, now that the shock has worn off, what I mean is; Mexico is a corrupt country.
One example; Our counter terrorism experts trained and equipt a "elite" group of counter narcotic paramilitary troops who promptly went on the payroll of the drug lords.
I could rave but suffice it to say Mexico is/was a bigger threat than Iraq ever was in terms to the damage being done with the eager beavere help of Bush and his croonies.

I talked to a "former Marine" who told me he had first hand knowledge of Middle eastern terrorists attempting to smuggle WMDs into the U.S. , he said many Al Queda type had tried to cross the border. He said they get killed and left naked for the animals to devour, which takes 2-3 weeks or so where there are a lot of coyotes and buzzards.
     He told me predator drones and cooperation with the meixcan governmnet lets our people decide who gets in and who gets killed trying.
I understand what you're saying but that's not really the point of here. Also if the lose of real benefit for Illegal aliens to migrate to our country our borders will be easier to patrol..
chittydog
less busy

ATG wrote:

I hadn't heard anything about the attempted WMD smuggling before, but it makes a lot of sense. It's an obvious entry point to US and I have wondered why we haven't heard of anyone trying to get through there.

That first paragraph is right on the money! If we had Mexico as a buffer zone to stop the drug traffickers rather than help them, it could seriously cripple the narcotics trade. Without their biggest customer base, they'd lose a lot of their money and influence. It would have drastic effects towards stopping this drug nonsense.
cpt.fass4
+1|6444

chittydog wrote:

The part of this that people won't like is that lower income citizens will be spending a proportionately larger amount of their income on taxes. Poor people don't have the luxury of saving and many times spend everything they have (or more) out of necessity. The same could go for middle class families with lots of kids. Suddenly they go from having a tax break to support the family lifestyle, to paying more in taxes because their expenses are higher. Anyone with children will agree that their expenses are higher.
I think that those issue's would be offset by higher pay for jobs that illegal immagrants are taking right now. BTW Illegals don't accept mimimue wage they make double at least and it's still beneficial for the employer who doesn't have to pay the employee tax..
cpt.fass4
+1|6444
also spending billions on a Giant fence sounds about as good as the "Star Wars" program.
ITI..JACKSTONE..ITI
+3|6606
I'm from the middle class and I feel that if I didnt have to pay income taxes , just a fedreal sales tax on my goods instead it would be great. I know what your saying about those who need that tax break to make ends meet, but they only get that break once year. As where they would be getting a break every month from taxes in there pay checks. Plus with the higher revenue generated but the sales tax there would still be money for social services. Most people think that the system we have is fine. I don't.  Lets start paying for Yearly budget instead of borrowing it from our kids future.
chittydog
less busy

I'm not sure what yearly tax break you're talking about, Jack. Although, I disagree that they'd be getting a tax break in their pay checks. They'll still be paying those same taxes, but they'll be collected by WalMart and Albertson's instead of by their employer.
chittydog
less busy

Gotta leave. Time to go to the gym. Don't get too into it without me, gang! ;-)
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina

cpt.fass4 wrote:

It's actaully a really simple plan that would take a while to put in place. But drop the income tax on american citizens and make the money back in sales tax. A billion dollar wall is not going to stop this problem at all, but econimics would. While improving our living conditions and increasing our wages to cover the cost of living that it would obviously have, we will fix this problem at the roots.

thoughts?
Your plan has two problems:
1-Droping income taxes would increase the government deficit.
2-Increasing the real wage by paying less taxes, would give people more money to spend in things, the products demand will be higher and that would bring inflation, or prices will raise, called it the way you want.  The sales tax is about 7 to 10% aprox. in almost every state, so it doesn't cover the income tax drop.
You will have a government without any resources and raising prices, quite a problem.
jonsimon
+224|6495

sergeriver wrote:

cpt.fass4 wrote:

thoughts?
Your plan has two problems:
1-Droping income taxes would increase the government deficit.
2-Increasing the real wage by paying less taxes, would give people more money to spend in things, the products demand will be higher and that would bring inflation, or prices will raise, called it the way you want.  The sales tax is about 7 to 10% aprox. in almost every state, so it doesn't cover the income tax drop.
You will have a government without any resources and raising prices, quite a problem.
I like to imagine a US government as it was before the income tax, that is, one without a standing army.
ITI..JACKSTONE..ITI
+3|6606
Alright how about a FLAT Tax instead of the incmoe tax system we have now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard