notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6764|The United Center

SgtSmokem wrote:

ProRacerNorm wrote:

Alright I'll complain. Reducing the c4 throwing distance is retarded. now what do we have to do run right up to the tank put c4 on it and wait like 2 seconds to pull out detonator and actually kill something. All I say is WTF EA
Well, in real life I dont think you would throw C4 at all, so maybe they made it a little more realistic, get over it.  Why dont you complain about the claymores not actually having cords attached to them like in real life too.  There are far more complaints to make about this game than the stupid C4 problem, how about the damn server crashed all the time....complain about that.
WTF, you're the one arguing that C4 tossing is more lifelike, not him.  Shouldn't you be the one arguing about why there's no tripwire to detonate claymores?  Go go hypocrisy.
SteikeTa
+153|6765|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I have installed it. I ctd everytime now actually. Almost. They made the J-10 even better also. And i was able to jump and shoot!!!! GREAT! Then it crashed again... had just played for 4 min. So its worse than ever.....

Haha, just kidding with ya
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6578|Southampton, UK

So if you get incramental and you have changed localization files, what do you do?

@C4 issue, why not make "Sticky bombs"- Get a sock, cram it with explosves, tie up sock, coat in axel grease...Then throw at tank and it sticks.

Last edited by knightnufer (2006-09-05 10:03:12)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6547|Boston, MA
I just downloaded the incremental patch and all of a sudden, I can't even open the game. I never had problems with 1.3 and all of a sudden this patch makes everything so much worse.
Simon
basically
+838|6675|UK
Congrats :p
Jim_Bred
+15|6519
worked perfect for me, sorry to hear
James-m
+28|6567|England
complaint already, still getting connection problems....... well done EA. you have managed to make me lose total faith in you. you incompetant bunch of cunts
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6585

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I just downloaded the incremental patch and all of a sudden, I can't even open the game. I never had problems with 1.3 and all of a sudden this patch makes everything so much worse.
Could be the user who forgot the rename the file bf2.exe back to bf2.exe...
Scratch[USA]
+105|6564

ThomasMorgan wrote:

SgtSmokem wrote:

ProRacerNorm wrote:

Alright I'll complain. Reducing the c4 throwing distance is retarded. now what do we have to do run right up to the tank put c4 on it and wait like 2 seconds to pull out detonator and actually kill something. All I say is WTF EA
Well, in real life I dont think you would throw C4 at all, so maybe they made it a little more realistic, get over it.  Why dont you complain about the claymores not actually having cords attached to them like in real life too.  There are far more complaints to make about this game than the stupid C4 problem, how about the damn server crashed all the time....complain about that.
WTF, you're the one arguing that C4 tossing is more lifelike, not him.  Shouldn't you be the one arguing about why there's no tripwire to detonate claymores?  Go go hypocrisy.
Smokem be smokin
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6545|stalker.
I downloaded it on ea dowloader (incremental) and i cant install it!
Ronan_UK
+4|6560
I am getting lots and lots of "There is a problem with your connection" messages

Two server crashes in 4 rounds that I've played
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6620

Ronan_UK wrote:

I am getting lots and lots of "There is a problem with your connection" messages

Two server crashes in 4 rounds that I've played
OMG :wall:.
cosworth1983
+21|6502|Enschede / Netherlands

fierce wrote:

Can you please explain this to me,  because i really don't know what you mean by this.
change  bf2.exe to bf2.exe      wtf?

Greetz
lead_head
+15|6701
Was just playing Jolt City server and  we all got there is a problem with your connection after 4 rounds, nice.
Zukabazuka
+23|6703
Only thing that bothers me now is that everyone is throwing nades in IO and the team that doesn't have a base that can't captured are pretty much fucked.
FrenziedAU
+6|6465|Australia

cosworth1983 wrote:

fierce wrote:

Can you please explain this to me,  because i really don't know what you mean by this.

Greetz
Apparently changing the name of Battlefield 2's executable file (the file that starts the game) from BF2.exe to something else, e.g. notBF2.exe can make the game run a bit faster.  However, not changing the name back to BF2.exe may cause problems with the patch.

see here for more info: http://www.bf2lag.com/top5tips.html
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6585

cosworth1983 wrote:

fierce wrote:

Greetz
There's a myth that renaming your Bf2.exe to something else, e.g. cosworthsbf2.exe reduced the amount of ressources eaten by your graphic drivers. A lot of players forget to rename back their "custom-bf2.exe" to bf2.exe before they patch and therefore the game crashes to desktop everytime they start it.
ietk
+1|6512|Miami, Fl USA
Same here had to download full patch because the incremental only works when upgrading from 1.3, which is not the case with me I  was runing 1.22 due to CTD at startups with 1.3, now when I try to start the game is giving me the CTD again, I guess unistalling and reinstalling will do the trick and I will let you all know the outcome.
SgtSpoon
+6|6501
Did they fix the commander exploit?
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6673|The View From The Afternoon
I can't even start up my game. Crashes before the intro. Any ideas?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6764|The United Center

SgtSpoon wrote:

Did they fix the commander exploit?
That's a hack.  It has nothing to do with what BF2 version you're running.  That's PB's territory.
Wojo97civic
+5|6468
Wow, Ea really fu*ked up again, what a surprise, no infantry only on Sf, and if you hit refresh when you are in your favorites, all the green maps disappear. Why am i not surprised at this one....more to come and i have just played 15 minutes!
Buzerk1
+44|6853

Wojo97civic wrote:

... if you hit refresh when you are in your favorites, all the green maps disappear....
It was like that for 1.3
cosworth1983
+21|6502|Enschede / Netherlands
@ FrenziedAU and fierce,    thanxs for te explenation,   never knew that,   and is this myth confirmed?   or is it just in there heads.
Like the setting everything to 4 in your video.con file,  will make the game look better.

Greetz

edit: typo

Last edited by cosworth1983 (2006-09-05 11:02:12)

negolien
+3|6512
Heyo,

Ok I played COD forever and never seen coders as moronic as those doing BF2. I dle'd the Inc. and installed no problem, Game starts no problem, Servers come up no problem, i join and it dl's everything nop problem,  Then i get deissconnected on join /sigh 0-8...

Are these coders just complete fuckin retards or what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard