Poll

Who Will Win The AFL Premiership In 2006?

Adelaide Crows5%5% - 2
West Coast Eagles17%17% - 6
Fremantle Dockers2%2% - 1
St Kilda Saints2%2% - 1
Melbourne Demons14%14% - 5
Sydney Swans38%38% - 13
Collingwood Magpies8%8% - 3
Western Bulldogs8%8% - 3
Total: 34
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6535|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
I know there are some Aussies out there with interest.

So the question is, which team will win the flag in 2006. I reckon Fremantle will because they'll finish the season with the double chance and a big winning steak, I reckon they will carry that form on and win the flag.

I also think it will be a West Coast vs Fremantle grand final.

Last edited by TeamZephyr (2006-09-02 03:23:18)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6722
what about the lions
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
TeamZephyr

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

what about the lions
Lions didn't make the finals mate
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6722

TeamZephyr wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

what about the lions
Lions didn't make the finals mate
what?@!#@ *curses at stupid satellite tv not working*.

ok i vote for swans
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6687|Disaster Free Zone

TeamZephyr wrote:

I know there are some Aussies out there with interest.

So the question is, which team will win the flag in 2006. I reckon Fremantle will because they'll finish the season with the double chance and a big winning steak, I reckon they will carry that form on and win the flag.

I also think it will be a West Coast vs Fremantle grand final.
let me quess your from perth(or WA)?

As for who will win. Well the only team left in the 8 which I could go for would be St.Kilda, But more realisticly I think it will be a west coast/swans Grand final and couldn't care less who won out of thoe 2 so I voted for Melbourne.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-09-02 03:44:46)

HW--CHOPPER
+22|6685

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

what about the lions
go lions
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6727|Sydney, Australia
I don't really follow the AFL, but I have to say the Swans.

Mcminty.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6586|Melbourne, Australia.
I support Essendon (yes...laf it up!!) but i'm goin for the doggies
TeamZephyr

DrunkFace wrote:

let me quess your from perth(or WA)?

As for who will win. Well the only team left in the 8 which I could go for would be St.Kilda, But more realisticly I think it will be a west coast/swans Grand final and couldn't care less who won out of thoe 2 so I voted for Melbourne.
Nah mate, I'm from Geelong in Victoria and I go for St Kilda. I'm just making guess at how it's going to end up. I honestly don't think the Saints will win the flag, which is a shame but they will have my support
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6567
Carlton Blues.
TeamZephyr

Bubbalo wrote:

Carlton Blues.
ROFL
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6536|Sydney, in 1978
liek omfg west coast FTW!!!!!
cospengle
+140|6492|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I voted Swans. After their last 2 games the Swans should start favourites over West Coast in the first week, even with WC at home. I think the winner of that game will definately be in the Grand Final, and the looser probably will be too. I can't see Freo winning the flag, but it will be their best year ever. I can't see any team other than Swans or West Coast winning it. Adelaide might loose in the GF.
DRKillusion
+10|6481|glued to my chair

cospengle wrote:

I voted Swans. After their last 2 games the Swans should start favourites over West Coast in the first week, even with WC at home. I think the winner of that game will definately be in the Grand Final, and the looser probably will be too. I can't see Freo winning the flag, but it will be their best year ever. I can't see any team other than Swans or West Coast winning it. Adelaide might loose in the GF.
swans are not as good as you think, they played the blues in Sydney ( not a big ask ) where WC eagles played the tigers @ the MCG.. Now the swans have to travel and thats something they dont do well. I say WC easy over the swans.. anyone wanna make a five Karma bet with me?
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6679|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Not your fault lads but why drop stupid animal names on the end?

Change them to these.

Adelaide Arses, West Coast Wankers, Fremantle Fuckers, St Kilda Cockends, Melbourne Mutha Fuckers, Sydney Shits, Collingwood Cockrot and Western Wankworld.

I reckon it would really put Aussie football/soccer/kick the ball in the net game, on the world map, with people trying to find out how their rude team got on this weekend.
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6539|Australia
Go the Swans!!!!!!!!!!
cospengle

DRKillusion wrote:

swans are not as good as you think, they played the blues in Sydney ( not a big ask ) where WC eagles played the tigers @ the MCG.. Now the swans have to travel and thats something they dont do well. I say WC easy over the swans.. anyone wanna make a five Karma bet with me?
If you're talking about WC over swans this weekend then I'd take that bet (but I don't have enough karma). Most people think the swans were unlucky in the same game last year, same teams, same venue, (hopefully different umpires). It's a big call to say the reigning premiers are "not as good as you think". As for the swans not travelling well, they've won the same number of away games as they have at home games this year, and lost the same number of away and home games (one of those was an away game at the SCG though). Also they can't be that bad if they finish the season with the second highest percentage after Adelaide, and conceded less points than any other team in the comp. Plus they have the shortest injury list. Swans should win it again.

1927 wrote:

...kick the ball in the net game...
The only nets in AFL are the fishnets that Jason Akermanis wears during the week.
hilltop2bit
+9|6582|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!
Adelaide Crows the pride of South Australia thats who!!!!!   Good team, young keen players and a good coach....Started as favorites this year and will finish on top.

https://goodscore.com/pics/AFL/afl/crows2.jpg

Last edited by hilltop2bit (2006-09-05 06:43:17)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6679|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Is Jason Akermanis a poof then?  Ive read how he has beach blonde hair and does handstands, he did though call a coach a fuckwitt once so not all is bad.

Ergggh I didn't think you guys were on about bloody Aussie Rules.  Get off that cricket pitch before you damage it and give the referee's jacket back to the butcher.

Last edited by 1927 (2006-09-05 07:17:29)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6791|Perth, Western Australia
Eagles. All the way. Fucking demolished Richmond away at the weekend. Hopefully they can pwn Sydney at home this week.

WESTERN DERBY FOR THE GRAND FINAL FTW!!
DRKillusion
+10|6481|glued to my chair

1927 wrote:

Not your fault lads but why drop stupid animal names on the end?

Change them to these.

Adelaide Arses, West Coast Wankers, Fremantle Fuckers, St Kilda Cockends, Melbourne Mutha Fuckers, Sydney Shits, Collingwood Cockrot and Western Wankworld.

I reckon it would really put Aussie football/soccer/kick the ball in the net game, on the world map, with people trying to find out how their rude team got on this weekend.
None of us Aussies want it to become a world sport thats why its called Aussie rules football. And as for the name calling the only one that is true is the Collingwood cockrot's.. i love my AFL, no other sport comes close to it for me. West Coast Eagles FTW!!!!
1927(h)
Whats it got that other sports havent?

Why do you love it?

Why don't the rest of us?

We do get a bit of coverage on Skysports so some people must watch it, but as you probably know it isn't very popular here and I reckon we get to watch it more than everywhere except maybe NZ and S. Africa (maybe).

It isn't on the school ciriculam at all, not one school will house any equipment and you wont find many clubs.  Until that changes, "it'll never take off".  You'd also have to change the name to "Australian Football", the English wouldn't like the "Rules" bit.
cospengle
A lot of people do call it Australian Football. I don't know why I love it so much, I've never played it since I'm born and bred in NSW. I lived in Melbourne for a year and I've been following the AFL ever since. I think it's a much better spectator sport than other football codes (as long as you can get your head around the rules). I think if you've lived in a city like Melbourne you can't avoid get caught up in it. It's like a religion down there.

There's an international league (that doesn't allow Australians or Aussie expats to play). A lot of Pacific Island nations play and the USA and a few others I think. The standard is no where near the standard of the Australian league of course, but I think it will grow.
cospengle
OK this is not a 'bump'. Go the Swannies!!!!!! They won by one point over West Coast tonight. I think West Coast can feel hard done by, they played well, but so did the Swans. The result reflected the closeness of the contest (especially since the umpires wanted WC to win ). I'm now surer (more sure) than ever that Swans will win the flag again this year.

BTW: for all those who don't know about AFL.... AFL website

(EDIT: spelling)

Last edited by cospengle (2006-09-09 06:35:57)

TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6631|Gold Coast, Australia
I dont normally watch or play AFL, but i watched it last night (Melbourne vs St. Kilda) cuz everything else sucked ass. And it was actually pretty cool to watch. It looks fun to play.

I even learnt most of the rules just watching the 2nd 1/2

Last edited by TerrorisT² (2006-09-09 08:08:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard