encoded_evil
+1|6680|Gent
to all with long loading time upgrade to 1 GIG ram and everything is solved ... dont touch your HD please
lettuce
site lurkerer
+26|6666|cheshire u.k
2 gig is a hell of a lot better,1 gig is minimum you should play with,imho.
Tin_Whisker
+1|6723
I can verify the 8 minute load time.  Some people DO have this issue and it IS related to hard drive setting.  I freind of mine has a dell system and installed a new HD.  It installed fine, hiwever, he installed BF2 on the new drive and his load times went from 90 seconds to 8 minutes.  He checked and the drive was set to PIO mode and he couldn't change it. 

After he brought the computer to me, I figured it out.  For some reason the BIOS didn't detect the HD but XP still did, which I thought was weird, but anyway, once the BIOS was set to detect the drive and I rebooted into windows I was able to set the frive to UDMA and all was peachy. 

I can't beleive there are assholes above who would say that the poster is full of shit when they have no experience with the problem.  This guy posted the thread hoping to help people.  If you don't have anything positive to add to the thread, keep your trap shut, the players who really need help with a problem like this would appriciate it.
High Spirit
+5|6594|Canada, Eh?

encoded_evil wrote:

to all with long loading time upgrade to 1 GIG ram and everything is solved ... dont touch your HD please
I've got 2 Gigs of ram and it did not solve the problem... deleting the Favorites did... only takes seconds now...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard