[2MC]Golarin
+6|6549
Ok, before anyone starts flaming me and dropping my karma even further, I have used the search function and was not able to find exactly what I was looking for.

I posted this message here because it is BF2 Help. I am looking for help on developing the best way to get team points.

I know that you get team points by:

Kills: 2 pts
capture: 2 pts
cap assist: 1 pt
flag defend: 1pt + the kill points.
Kill assist: 1 pt
Driver assist: 1pt

Heal point: 1 pt
Revive point: 2 pts

Resupply: 1pt

repair: 1 pt

Now, I know all this, cause I looked it up in the Wiki. But for some reason I can never get more that 30 points. I had been concentrating on the the various kits for a while each, not to find the correct feel (sniper or assault all the way there) but so I could get the vet badges.  Now I want to concentrate on the ribbons that require team score.

So what Im looking for is a few tips on how to boost that score so I can get 45, 50 in a round.
Anyone?

Thanks!
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6509|Indiana
Medic!
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada
yeah medic on karkand.
TinMaN
+5|6448|Kansas City, KS, USA
best way:  play medic on knife and pistol server!  i've seen 300 points that way.

edit:  300 team points, not total.

Last edited by TinMaN (2006-09-04 10:51:38)

AnimalMotherGLP
+14|6480

[2MC]Golarin wrote:

I know that you get team points by:

Kills: 2 pts
Kills dont count for team points, they count as combat score...

But I find the best way to do it, is be a medic in a squad with clan members or people working together with microphones, and going from flag to flag and capping.

Its best to be squad leader, or the person driving the car so you get the cap points, instead of the cap assist. You get 4 pts as appose to 2pts. really makes a difference in the long run.

Edit: Whoa, Golarin, I've seen you play on the MVC H2O server a few times... you were in my squad... you were a ninja medic man lol. Everytime I died, you were there to revive me

Last edited by AnimalMotherGLP (2006-09-04 10:55:17)

AnimalMotherGLP
+14|6480

TinMaN wrote:

best way:  play medic on knife and pistol server!  i've seen 300 points that way.

Yeah, and if EA finds out, stats are gone...

Trust me, it happend to a few friends of mine, and on my origional BF2 account... cuz its considdered statspadding.... stupid EA.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6571|England
support or medic on any map, especially city maps (duh). Or go pilot in a chopper or bomber.
Ben>You
+90|6526
Yes. Kidnap someone. Preferably $pitfire89.
TinMaN

AnimalMotherGLP wrote:

TinMaN wrote:

Trust me, it happend to a few friends of mine, and on my origional BF2 account... cuz its considdered statspadding.... stupid EA.
well thats lame... just like EA!  oh well, i'm not playing bf2 because of the icp's until 1.4 anyway.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6549|UK

How could ur karma possibly get lower?  And yea medic whore ur way around karkand, is the easiest, machur is most fun though in the city relms.
Heershreck
+0|6466
Medic. enough said
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6523|Little blue planet, milky way
People are forgetting something... The neutralize points.... If you get a full flag conversion you get 4 points.
Agreed, that's "only" the same as two revives...
Yes, I have no problem getting 50 or even 70 team play points medic whoring on Karkand... And many people are able to do this.. But not everyone. Many people are having problems with the game being fast paced, and usually over in 5 minutes. So try out the Karkand medic whoring... But if you suck... Try something else:

Find a somewhat depopulated server. Preferably one that plays VERY large maps (zatar, oman, kubra, shonghua, dragon etc). With only 3-6 players on each side the game will last a LONG time. But the BEST part is that USUALLY the flags are NOT defended. Getting those flags will be downright EASY..... And safe. And with 3-6 people on each side, HALF will be jet whoring. So just avoid flying if at all possible. Grab a DPV or something fast, Never go straight for more than ½ sec at any given time, and run/drive/jump from flag to flag. I've managed a nice 12 caps + a few assists in a SINGLE GAME, without even trying very hard. That's 48 points for total flag conversion, even a single assist to top it off, and you'll be at 50 in no time.
[2MC]Golarin
+6|6549

TinMaN wrote:

AnimalMotherGLP wrote:

TinMaN wrote:

well thats lame... just like EA!  oh well, i'm not playing bf2 because of the icp's until 1.4 anyway.
Whats ICPs?

I have been trying to get the medic vet badge, Animal, thats why you got the revives=)

How is being a chopper polot helpin with my team points? I got 15+ hours in choppers and I havent seen my team stats go up all that much.

So um, Help me get my karma up, and when I get enough to karma back, ill hit you up.
AnimalMotherGLP
+14|6480

[2MC]Golarin wrote:

How is being a chopper polot helpin with my team points? I got 15+ hours in choppers and I havent seen my team stats go up all that much.
If you're a good pilot and you have a good gunner, you get 1 team point for every kill they get.

I've come out of games at dragon valley with 75 points just for flying my buddy around...
[2MC]Golarin
+6|6549
AH, gotcha, I have foind a couple of good gunners, but most are not all they are cracked up to be.  I am finally learning how to TV missle in on choppers.  I played on this server tonight (Quebec server) and this one dude was AWESOME with the TV Missle, got me and the gunner like 6 times with that damned thing
TinMaN

[2MC]Golarin wrote:

TinMaN wrote:

AnimalMotherGLP wrote:

Whats ICPs?

I have been trying to get the medic vet badge, Animal, thats why you got the revives=)

So um, Help me get my karma up, and when I get enough to karma back, ill hit you up.
ICP:  Internet Connection Problems   --   "There is a problem with your connection"  --  this usually happens right when you're about to get a headshot on someone, or drop a bomb on a fully loaded humvee.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

supply bags ")
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

Twist wrote:

People are forgetting something... The neutralize points.... If you get a full flag conversion you get 4 points.
Agreed, that's "only" the same as two revives...
Yes, I have no problem getting 50 or even 70 team play points medic whoring on Karkand... And many people are able to do this.. But not everyone. Many people are having problems with the game being fast paced, and usually over in 5 minutes. So try out the Karkand medic whoring... But if you suck... Try something else:

Find a somewhat depopulated server. Preferably one that plays VERY large maps (zatar, oman, kubra, shonghua, dragon etc). With only 3-6 players on each side the game will last a LONG time. But the BEST part is that USUALLY the flags are NOT defended. Getting those flags will be downright EASY..... And safe. And with 3-6 people on each side, HALF will be jet whoring. So just avoid flying if at all possible. Grab a DPV or something fast, Never go straight for more than ½ sec at any given time, and run/drive/jump from flag to flag. I've managed a nice 12 caps + a few assists in a SINGLE GAME, without even trying very hard. That's 48 points for total flag conversion, even a single assist to top it off, and you'll be at 50 in no time.
only 12? not to brag, but if you do what you suggest, you can get a hell of a lot more than 12

i got my BR of 159 on Kubra Dam that way, and only 18 of those points were kills, the rest was Cap points (no kidding)
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6523|Little blue planet, milky way

genius_man16 wrote:

only 12? not to brag, but if you do what you suggest, you can get a hell of a lot more than 12

i got my BR of 159 on Kubra Dam that way, and only 18 of those points were kills, the rest was Cap points (no kidding)
Well, Like I said... I san't trying that hard... I was just running around (mainly) on FOOT on Kubra avoiding the jets and the helo. And I got in there late game.... But like you said.. a LOT more is possible. I was just pointing it out as an easy way to get the high team point requirement for poeple with little or no skill at medic whoring.
hilltop2bit
+9|6576|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!
Stick with medic on mad maps like Karkand and Wake Island... go hard and enjoy.....
[2MC]Golarin
+6|6549
I have been Karkand medic whoring and my TP are steadily increasing. I tried the new Road to Jalalabad tonight and that was pretty kewl. Medic whored around there for a bit, I cant check my stats, but anything from right now on is new medic whoring points
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
I got 50 team points on Daqing.  Just took a jeep and ran around capping flags with it.  I don't remember how many kills I had but I finished with over a 100 pts.
Lionbeat
+9|6646|LONDON

DSRTurtle wrote:

I got 50 team points on Daqing.  Just took a jeep and ran around capping flags with it.  I don't remember how many kills I had but I finished with over a 100 pts.
Was that on an underpopulated 64 player server? Would be pretty hard otherwise... I'm intrigued.

I'm getting into playing the PLA maps again after an overdose on city maps... was creeping through the jungle on Songhua last night.

So, what actions exactly DO you get team points for? Also, how do you get driver ability assist points, and what are they for?
Sambuccashake
+126|6610|Sweden

LionbeatAlso wrote:

, how do you get driver ability assist points, and what are they for?
You get one of these when a passenger in your vehicle gets a team point such as a heal or ammo point.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-09-15 04:24:43)

DSRTurtle
+56|6686

Lionbeat wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

Was that on an underpopulated 64 player server? Would be pretty hard otherwise... I'm intrigued.

I'm getting into playing the PLA maps again after an overdose on city maps... was creeping through the jungle on Songhua last night.

So, what actions exactly DO you get team points for? Also, how do you get driver ability assist points, and what are they for?
It was.  The map was the first in the rotation.  So it started with 10 people and took time to fill up. 

Cap every flag you can get to.  Remember if you get the neutralize flag message that's 2 pts.  As I was playing AT that day, I ended up with a combination of flag capture and flag capture assists to get the 50.  I think I had a couple of kill damage assists from shooting tanks with my AT kit. 

If you do a comapre with yourself and a friend their's a section called flag and teamwork.  Everything listed in that category is team points.  So it's just a matter of getting a combination of them to add up to 50. 

12 enemy flag captures = 48 points.  That's hard to do, but it can be done.  If you know you have an issue earning team points, try low population high map player size maps.  I got over 40 team points on Karkand last night for flag capture, flag capture assists, repair points and kill damage assists.  Maybe a flag defend or 2 tossed in as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard