Aenima_Eyes
+20|6651
Been off of BF2 for a few months now.  I just set up a totally new Conroe rig and I've been playing BF2 fine with no issues for a few days now.  However, my joystick which used to work fine before now won't work in game.  When I test it and whatever on my desktop and with the program that came with it, supposedly it works fine.  Whenever I'm in game tho it doesn't work period. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

AE
Kanye North
randy
+80|6465
Did you set it up in your options? If not thats your problem
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6651
Yeah.  I went in and set everything up.  Kinda stumped on this one.  I wanna get back to flying jets so bad. *cry*
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6487|Melbourne

Make sure u have the joystick calibrated ingame and on windows. you should be able to see a crosshair move in the windows calibration.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6651
Yep.  Done that.  Installed the drivers for the joystick and saw that it moved around in Logitech's software AND in Windows under Game Controllers.....
TinMaN
+5|6448|Kansas City, KS, USA
do you have any other game controllers?  i have a nostromo and saitek x52, and it seems that in bf2 you can only bind controls to the first two devices listed under game controllers
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6651
Nope.  I have a Logitech Headset but that was never a problem before.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
I use a freedom 2.4 to fly jets. No issues here. Do you still have the CD?
golferadam
+0|6728

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Been off of BF2 for a few months now.  I just set up a totally new Conroe rig and I've been playing BF2 fine with no issues for a few days now.  However, my joystick which used to work fine before now won't work in game.  When I test it and whatever on my desktop and with the program that came with it, supposedly it works fine.  Whenever I'm in game tho it doesn't work period. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

AE
I have run into a similar problem with the Logitech Freedom 2.4. I built a brand new rig and setup Windows and reinstalled BF2. Then I installed the joystick and mapped everything in BF2. When I started flying it was like I was always doing a barrel roll to the right when the joystick was idle. I checked in the Logitech configuration and everything looks fine. When it is idle the crosshairs are in the middle and everything seems perfect. I uninstalled and reinstalled the joystick and updated the drivers with no success. The problem persists. Could this be a problem with the 1.4 patch? It seems like it is probably a problem with the joystick though. Let me know if you make any progress or find a solution.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
Did you remember to wake up the stick?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6733|Oslo, Norway
Cordless = Fail

The reason is that you constantly have to change batteries ("borrow" from remote controlor whatever)
Also in my excperience the feedback was very inconsistant compared to my cordmore () joystick

for getting an uncordless/cordmore joystick I highly recommend a Saitek Cyborg EVO
crashmctavish
Liquidat0r's Neuro Surgeon.....
+4|6441|uk
had a similar problem with the freedom, i found that running the profiler in the background(icon in the system tray) seemed to fix it.

also honestly not to sound condescending, is the transmitter plugged directly into usb? because it gets a bit antsy when connected to an external hub.

hope this helps

p.s im running driver version 4.40.143.0. this is confirmed to run with patch 1.4.

Last edited by crashmctavish (2006-09-13 12:08:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard