_-_911_-_180891
+540|6516|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Here is how to properly use the arty in PoE2.

Step 1: Join a server with artillery spawns
Step 2: Become commander/Get into the arty
Step 3: Drive to a good vantage point (not too many trees/other obstacles and not in a "hot" location)
Step 4: Get out, look down, press "t" and click to call supplies
Step 5: Find a flag populated by the enemy (use the commander's map or the mini map)
Step 6: Get back into the arty and turn to face your target
Step 7: Get into the gunner seat
Step 8: Check your mini map/commander's map for friendlies in that area(so you don't TK)
Step 9: Zoom in on the target with the commander's satellite map then change back to normal view
Step 10: Take note of the range (look under the map icon in the actual game) eg 536 m
Step 11: Aim directly at the target then elevate the barrel accordingly (see picture)
https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1439/artypa6.jpg

Step 12: FIRE!
Step 13: Check the commander's map to see where your shot lands. N.B If the target is at a lower level then you and if lined up properly you should see a streak from the shell moving and if the target is higher than you then you need to aim higher. See pictures)

Streak (Aimed way too high)
https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8748/streakgv2.jpg

Short (Aimed a bit to short)
https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6711/shorteg5.jpg

Long (Aimed a bit too high)
https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3595/longmr0.jpg

HIT!!! (Perfect)
https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6990/directhitck0.jpg

Step 14: Adjust your aim
Step 15: Rinse and Repeat!!!

Writen By _-_911_-_180891
Borgso
+0|6660
Nice guide=)
I was trying to use it the way it was made for. Soldier spotting and reporting etc. But that seems to be a bit buggy.. So i started trying to hit just with the sight and that worked well. But hey, this guide will maybe help me more
_-_911_-_180891
Welcome
Crestfallen
+27|6463|England, Leicester
Very good guide, and good step by step instructions.  Nice one one! +1

Sticky it in this section?
_-_911_-_180891
Thanks, and your welcome.
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6764
i do that - takes some aiming till u understand the reticule .. and of course u need a supply box or 2 but i got 28 kills off it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England
Yeah, who needs stupid noob spotters who just spot random things like an empty lake when you can just use the commander view. Good aiming/distance thing you did there, that helps. Nice one
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6752|Pakistan/England
thats freakin' awesome! im gonna try that very soon
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6720|Antarctica
Already been doing this, but nice guide
MagiCandy
+18|6668
you can aim at around 700m if you have the target lined up with that small picture of your tank in the bottom middle.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6712

I love you.
donpost
+8|6774
I tried to do something like this before, but gave up because I couldn't get it to work.

This guide is great, I was just playing a round on a map called First Snow I think. Anyway, it was a great laugh using this tactic. A couple of times people spotted for me, but hardly (IMO this is one of the biggest problems with POE arty as it is, no-one spots). I was on the Ukraine team and just found a perch near our mainbase and shelled the fook out of anything that moved near a flag. It's really easy to zero in on people using this brilliant guide.

About halfway through the round we had pushed them back to their uncappable + the northernmost cappable flag, so I moved up and took a position in the east hidden behind a ridge, and shelled that cappable base until our troops took it.

I mustv'e been playing for about 15 - 20 mins and managed to rank up 16-0, and have a load of fun (and gratitude from teammate would you beleive!) doing it.

FYI - did you know the arty shells can destroy bridges in one good hit? Very good tactical tool if used right

Most worthy of a sticky. Oh +1 btw

Last edited by donpost (2006-09-03 07:33:58)

BlokieBF2
+11|6666
why the supply crate ? is it just to resupply or is their another reason behind it
BlokieBF2
+11|6666
https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1439/artypa6.jpg

how are you getting numbers next to the reticule - mine is just blank

also please go through getting the range again

thanks
donpost
+8|6774
Blokie I'll try and answer your questions for you on behalf of 911

The supply crate is so that you don't run out of ammo basically.

The numbers on the reticule have been drawn on after the screenshot has been taken (haven't they?). Every "notch" on the reticule is 50m.

This method works best when targeting flags, as you can look at the flag on your screen and see the distance to it. Line up the line on the reticule that represents the distance to your target and you should be almost dead on.

For example, you see an enemy flag on your screen, with the distance indicated at 350m. Line up the 7th "notch" on the reticule with the distance indicator on the flag, and you should be more or less lined up. Then use the aim-refining steps that 911 outlined in his OP.

Hope this helps you get as much out of this as I have
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6501
Yea, good tactic work well.
_-_911_-_180891

donpost wrote:

Blokie I'll try and answer your questions for you on behalf of 911

The supply crate is so that you don't run out of ammo basically.

The numbers on the reticule have been drawn on after the screenshot has been taken (haven't they?). Every "notch" on the reticule is 50m.

This method works best when targeting flags, as you can look at the flag on your screen and see the distance to it. Line up the line on the reticule that represents the distance to your target and you should be almost dead on.

For example, you see an enemy flag on your screen, with the distance indicated at 350m. Line up the 7th "notch" on the reticule with the distance indicator on the flag, and you should be more or less lined up. Then use the aim-refining steps that 911 outlined in his OP.

Hope this helps you get as much out of this as I have
Thanks donpot
Bernadictus
+1,055|6751

Commanders, should command, not using the artillery. When will people learn?
Skexis
+6|6473

Bernadictus wrote:

Commanders, should command, not using the artillery. When will people learn?
Well it doesn't help that commanders have been stripped of pretty much everything except 3x zoom and supplies in PoE.
BlokieBF2
+11|6666
exactly, commnaders can't command anymore

thanks for all the info
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6844|Denver colorado
comanders are made for comanding, its not bf2. Its poe2 where teamwork means everything.

i just had my first scrim on the total-war "tourney". and being the artillerys man, i know that the comander had other things to do such as: comanding. we won those two rounds with the exception of the pre-round.
BCspeed34
+6|6573
That just seem's waaay to confusing to me. I'm a lazy bastard, so I just go head-to-head with a tank

XD
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6501|Melbourne

What is it that the commander should do then?, i 3x zomed and spoted 20 soldiers around a flag till my team mates were sick of hearing "Enemy Infantry Spotted", this is a great idea for commanders your providing support for your team and also droping supplies.

WD
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
eagles1106
+269|6598|Marlton, New Jersey.

lavadisk wrote:

comanders are made for comanding, its not bf2. Its poe2 where teamwork means everything.

i just had my first scrim on the total-war "tourney". and being the artillerys man, i know that the comander had other things to do such as: comanding. we won those two rounds with the exception of the pre-round.
Teamwork means everything in the mod? Is that why one good plane pilot can own a whole game flying the su-25? Hehe, sometimes what I do!
oberst_enzian
+234|6757|melb.au
very, very nice. the self-propelled arty is my fav thing about poe, and you just made it more interesting. rock.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard