GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6776

Ok here's a quick tip I have for all you Karkand players. How do you pick the winning team??

I've realized that the outcome of the map HIGHLY depends on how fast the USMC caps a flag. Let's say MEC starts with 200 tickets, while USMC starts with 230. As long as USMC has no flags, those tickets will decrease at a high rate. If the USMC manages to cap a flag early, say when the tickets are 185 MEC, 198 USMC, they they will have an advantage because of those artillery spawn points. That, and they probably have some good players that decided to go for the back flags.

On the other hand, if the tickets are 180 MEC, 160 USMC. It's likely that the MEC is superior since they are holding flags back pretty well. If nothing changes, you are best placed in MEC.

So in conclusion, if the USMC cap one of the back flags really early, my money's on USMC winning. Otherwise, stick to the front lines with MEC and rack up those points.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6733
Good post, but in the 64player version it's a whole different story. The USMC has so many advantages there that they don't even need to cap a flag. And it's a real shame if they lose anyway

Last edited by Ub3r-ElitE (2005-12-03 02:03:56)

BeefnCheez
+0|6758
I have witnessed and taken part in USMC winning while caping no flags and just fighting against the first in a 64 person server.
GotMex?
+193|6776

Ok you guys bring up good points, I can't play 64 player servers cause my ping usually sucks so I was referring to smaller (around 32) player servers. When I have played the larger maps, I did notice the USMC having an advantage so good thing that was pointed out.
armin
+0|6769| Bosnia & Herzegovina
Dude, it all depends on the commander @ karkand, and how good the vehicle players are, because most of the tickets are won by kills @ karkand
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6834|Delaware
USMC wins 99% of the time because its vehicles are closer to the front lines.
GotMex?
+193|6776

I know USMC has the advantage, especially since people just spawn at the hotel and don't bother with the back flags. My point though, is that the longer that MEC holds the flags back, the higher the chance of them winning. This is part due to the fact that as soon as a back flag is capped, the USMC has two fronts to  attack from. If all that's going on is that MEC is defending the hotel, then they have better positioning.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN
I agree, the marines have a very big advantage. The USMC usually loses though when it gets stuck on the west bank of the river and can't push through.

they also have a hard time when they're stuck quarreling with MEC on the east side because they get flanked from all over and the enemy vehicles are <100m away.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6741|Germany

Sure holding flags is important for MEC, but when they loose flags early, they often can change the situation when they concentrate on defending the bridge and the flags behind.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard