LoaderX
+-1|6801|Tucson, Arizona
I think you should be able to shoot lights out.

Add a flashlight to certain weapons that would give the same blind effect as a flashbang while pointed at someone at close range.

Add headlights to vehicles and a spotlight position to boats, but not the jet skies (having same effect as above).
Buzerk1
+44|6879
I have too admit, if you played Splinter Cell... this is a great idea...
SGTBinger
+0|6888
I concur.  Strategic removal of certain lights would be a great addition to the sense of realism the game portrays.  Also getting a blast of a sure fire thats attached to your weapon to some one wearing nods would have a near flash bang blinding effect.  I'm speaking from experience here as well.  Another idea that goes along with the use of NODs is perhaps an IR laser sight.  Millitary uses Pac4's and Peq2's, just seems right that the Seals, Britts and Spetz would have this kind of technology.
section9
+9|6890|USA
That's a great idea loader x
sheggalism
+16|6785|France
I think  commander should have more special commands like Smoke Arty or WP arty and since this game is based on stealth, UAV should'nt be able to show "hidden" enemies (that is to say enemies inside buildings or beneath any kind of roof). Yeah, underbarrel and vehicule-mounted flashlights would be cool.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6818
I think commanders should be able to drop flares to light up and area on request. Also, the SEALs really oughta have silenced weapons on the night levels as stealth is one of their greatest assets in real life. Just my two cents.
=AMP=fustilugs
+0|6781
IMO I think that if its called "Special Forces" there shouldn't be any arty in the game. Special Forces to me, means running around stealth like, trying to cap flags and kill guys, not getting the shit blown out of me when im about to kill someone or cap a flag, especially by my own commander and their aren't any enemies around. But once again just my opinion.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6887|Bryan/College Station, TX

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

I think commanders should be able to drop flares to light up and area on request. Also, the SEALs really oughta have silenced weapons on the night levels as stealth is one of their greatest assets in real life. Just my two cents.
Your idea of flares to light up an area seem very promising. Although probably more useful for an advancing infantry division over special forces units trying to covertly enter and destroy targets. But still a better idea than an artillery strike.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
LoaderX
+-1|6801|Tucson, Arizona
What about a flare gun as an item of equipment like the grapling hook or zip line?  Only avail. on night maps.  What kit though would be the question....  Engineer maybe?  I have yet to run into a mine on a night map.
trust
+0|6776
I think that UAV should not be able to detect Snipers or Special Forces kits at all, as these guys are supposed to be the masters of stealth combat.  Why bother even putting the sniper in a camo suit?  Actually, I personally think that there should be no UAVs in the Special Forces maps, and that Squad Leaders should be the ones to call in for arty strikes or supplies as the only means for a commander to deliver them.

But I do like the idea of the flare guns.  I think that the "defenders" should be the ones who have it on the night maps though, as the "attackers" are trying to make a covert entry and you don't really want to go around launching big flares to announce your arrival.  Then again, unsilenced weapons do that for you anyway - a la PKM and M95.
LoaderX
+-1|6801|Tucson, Arizona
No, let both sides have them for this reason.  Diversion.  Let's say I am attacking, and I shoot a flare up.  You are going to spearhead your defense in that area.  Now that your team is looking all over where that flare was fired, I walk in and put you to bed...  In addition, if someone trying to be sneaky is stupid enough to fire a flare gun before they actually should, they deserve to be shot at.
shingara
+0|6816|the motherland uk
not sure about torches but a laser sight would look cool on the night maps, and someone firing smoke or tear gas would light the beam up nice and bright, just thing hid inside a hut thinking where your getting shoot from and then the room becomes a prism of red beams looking for u
ApathyCrusade
+0|6784
How about incindiery(sp?) artillery? Weak against armor but widespread (larger blast radius = harder to hide from) and lethal to infantry. Oh and Jihadists/suicide bombers, you die, you blow the fuck up! Give an advantage to people like me with huge balls who jump into the fray. Campers do not deserve this, so if you die to a knife with your semtex armed, nothing happens.

I have huge balls.
LoaderX
+-1|6801|Tucson, Arizona
Bayonets on the assault rifles (AKs, M-16s) would be alright too (and realistic)...  Or add the ability to smack someone in the head with the butt of your gun.  Perhaps not a kill, but disorientation (reverse the axis of your mouse) and knocked down?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6759
i like the idea of silenced weapons and laser sights, EA should add it in patch 1.3
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Fallen7140
+0|6735
I think they should make a BF2: SF sniper unlock.... SR25 scilenced.. yeah what you guys say?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6759
PSG-1 silenced
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6757|Purplicious Wisconsin
Plus if someone turned on a flashlight pointing at you, and you were wearing nvg(night vision goggles), it would blind you even more.

Last edited by War Man (2006-01-01 14:43:23)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard