DakotaDoc64
+0|6794|Omaha, Nebraska
Under Weapons, UNKNOWN must be the zip line.

my best bet. Only thing that I have used for exactly that amound of time and killed once while using it.
gumbinator
+0|6728|Austin, TX, USA

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

Under Weapons, UNKNOWN must be the zip line.

my best bet. Only thing that I have used for exactly that amound of time and killed once while using it.
Can you explain this a bit more?

You were killed while on a zipline and that gave you a death by zipline? Shouldn't that give you a death to whatever weapon actually killed you? Or did somebody shoot you with the crossbow that killed you?

Or did you fall off the line to your death? (I sorta think this one would be a suicide)
DakotaDoc64
+0|6794|Omaha, Nebraska
Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.  If you have a weapon selected and you get killed, that gets marked in your stats as a death.  However if you kill someone with that weapon selected it is added to your kill stat.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.  If you have a weapon selected and you get killed, that gets marked in your stats as a death.  However if you kill someone with that weapon selected it is added to your kill stat.
correct, deaths is deaths holding said weapon not by said weapon.
Grey_Wolf
+0|6733
Another possibility, I learned rather drasticaly the other night that anyone can retrieve the line ("G" key) at any time... regardless of weather or not anyone is on it... if you fall to your death "mid-zip" when an enemy disconects the line, that could be a zip-line kill...
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6765|Austin TX
no.  its not if they kill you with it, as was said on every post above yours.  you can only 'g' a zip line if u are SO or sniper, and you deployed yours and did not pick it up.
gumbinator
+0|6728|Austin, TX, USA

the_heart_attack wrote:

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

Huh, I did not know that... thanks for the info!
gumbinator
+0|6728|Austin, TX, USA

gumbinator wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

Huh, I did not know that... thanks for the info!
Ya know, I'm still not convinced of this...

Using the [url=http://www.bat-clan.be/bf2urltester.php]Stats query URL tester[/url] I did a query of my rank with a weapon:

Code:

submitted url:
http://bf2web.gamespy.com/ASP/getleaderboard.aspx?pid=21957151&type=weapon&id=0

returned results

O
H    size    asof
D    722841    1133680762
H    n    pid        nick        killswith    deathsby    timeused    accuracy    playerrank    countrycode
D    143932    21957151    [RoN]Gumbinator    388        406        45263        18        5        US
$    136    $
And this clearly says deathsby which indicates that it doesn't matter what you are holding when you die, it's what kills you. Right?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

Leaderboards may well be different. I do know, however, for fact that it IS deaths while holding weapon.

Look at the supreme medic folks out there -- do you really think they'be been shockpaddled to death that many times? No, they are killed while holding out the shocks.
gumbinator
+0|6728|Austin, TX, USA

chuyskywalker wrote:

Leaderboards may well be different. I do know, however, for fact that it IS deaths while holding weapon.

Look at the supreme medic folks out there -- do you really think they'be been shockpaddled to death that many times? No, they are killed while holding out the shocks.
You're right, that does make sense. The numbers from the leaderboard call happen to match what is in the getplayerinfo call as well, so I guess the "deathsby" is just misleading.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

Grey_Wolf wrote:

Another possibility, I learned rather drasticaly the other night that anyone can retrieve the line ("G" key) at any time... regardless of weather or not anyone is on it... if you fall to your death "mid-zip" when an enemy disconects the line, that could be a zip-line kill...
i jumped on someone else's zipline once, but he didn't know I was there, and pressed 'g' before I made it over and i fell and died... lol
then I had 1 death in my 'unknown' - However, I had also died when a guy jumped down off a building and deployed his parachute at exactly the same time as he hit my head as I was climbing the ladder up - I died!  so maybe that's what it came from. deaths that aren't from a weapon, but niether are they a suicide - but don't forget, there's also a time duration thingy next to it

EDIT: mine says 3:44 so it can't be a killed-instantly-in-a-weird-way kind of thing, its gotta be something else

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-12-04 19:16:45)

tuskbs
+0|6738
Did You Guys try shooting someone with the Zip Line Crossbow?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6776|NRW,Germany

tuskbs wrote:

Did You Guys try shooting someone with the Zip Line Crossbow?
Yes but it doesn´t affect the victim at all
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
Yeah... I hope they fix this so it doesn't happen any more... kind of like a "when a body is hanging from the line, it's too damn tight to unhook", scenario.

Of course... once they do that, they can allow knifing of the zipline and grappling line, dropping anyone on the zip, or below that point on the grappling line (killing them, of course, if they fall far enough).

Sucks to zip, remove your line, then kill a buddy that way (that you didn't realize was following).  Of course... if you can't pull it, but no teammates on the overview, knife it quick!  Got some killer support kills one night, when I noticed a zip line suddenly appearing from a good ways off (near an enemy flag).  Stepped back from the spot (but in line with it), prone, PKM out...  3 enemy in a row down the line, one right after the other into my leaden shower.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard