jonsimon
+224|6496

Twist wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Twist wrote:

Do you REALLY think that's to high a price to pay for freedom ?
I read your post as far as the sentence above and promptly stopped. War in Iraq is ensuring that Americans have 'freedom'? OMGROFLMAO. There is one born every day.
Funny thing was I was just reading your post about "intelligent dabating"... Where do I write that it's the AMERICANS freedom that's at stake ? Or do you SERIOUSLY believe that the rest of the word has no claim to life liberty and the persuit of happiness ?

yes, the IS one born everyday.. and if You cannot regocnize the plight of other people, then YOU'RE that one.
Yes, we have freed so many iraqis from the oppressive shackles of earthly living. Perhaps in death they will finally appreciate our empathy with their plight.
Takedazor
+10|6779|Vila Real, Portugal
Why worry about the money spend on iraq?

You are going to war in iran don't know it yet but it's coming and it's gonna cost a lot more money then 300bilion.

Is it for freedom? Freedom of who? The islamic people you bomb? From who? The taliban(al qaida) members you gave money and weapons?

Do you guys know what is even more sad than loosing a bunch of bilion dollares? Well loosing thousands of human lifes and for what?

I know what some americans that aprove this say... they are islamic extremists! We got to kill them all...

So when all is over and a lot of ppl is dead this americans will be saying "Freedom at last the man woman and children of islam are dead".

My friends your day of reckoning will come when another that thinks like you will brought death to your home.

You can change your country, americans can change their leaders, but you perfer the road of death, revenge agaist everyone guilty or inocent but when your turn comes remenber that what you give is what you get.

I really hope i am wrong as all you american "patriots(...)" will say i really hope so cause i don't wanna see a lot of people dying but the war machine is already working, may god have mercy on our souls.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Horseman 77 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

That's funny, Horseman...I could've sworn that we were talking about the Iraq War.  Not 9/11...
Try more coffee kid.
Why don't you try more uh..... intelligence?  Nah, can't do that with Horseman!  Sorry for asking.

BTW, should I call you sir?  Exactly how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-29 18:26:19)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6501|Los Angeles

jonsimon wrote:

Twist wrote:

Where do I write that it's the AMERICANS freedom that's at stake ? Or do you SERIOUSLY believe that the rest of the word has no claim to life liberty and the persuit of happiness ?
Yes, we have freed so many iraqis from the oppressive shackles of earthly living. Perhaps in death they will finally appreciate our empathy with their plight.
Genius

+1
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6676|Moscow, Russia

Takedazor wrote:

Why worry about the money spend on iraq?

You are going to war in iran don't know it yet but it's coming and it's gonna cost a lot more money then 300bilion.

Is it for freedom? Freedom of who? The islamic people you bomb? From who? The taliban(al qaida) members you gave money and weapons?

Do you guys know what is even more sad than loosing a bunch of bilion dollares? Well loosing thousands of human lifes and for what?

I know what some americans that aprove this say... they are islamic extremists! We got to kill them all...

So when all is over and a lot of ppl is dead this americans will be saying "Freedom at last the man woman and children of islam are dead".

My friends your day of reckoning will come when another that thinks like you will brought death to your home.

You can change your country, americans can change their leaders, but you perfer the road of death, revenge agaist everyone guilty or inocent but when your turn comes remenber that what you give is what you get.

I really hope i am wrong as all you american "patriots(...)" will say i really hope so cause i don't wanna see a lot of people dying but the war machine is already working, may god have mercy on our souls.
Great post, +1. I really don't want the fascists of the White House to start another war, which may lead to a global conflict.

As for you, Seaneroo ...

Seaneroo wrote:

1.  Russia is ridden with mob-related crime?  That is absolutely true.
      2.  Russia is a Third World Country?  Ok, perhaps a little hyperbole there, but you must admit they'v fallen far on the world stage.  And if I remember correctly, the life expectancy of the average Russian is comparable to that of Third World Countries (better enjoy your short life while you can, Wasder)..
      3.  Russians are not completely free?  Things have certainly improved since Soviet days, but they still are not on a par with the U.S.
I see your mind never changed after you've been fed with propaganda back in 70's.
Mod related crime levels were high on the beginning of 90s.
I'm going to make sure I live long enough. You know, that statement of yours sounded like if I'd say: "LOL you're 46 now, you're gonna die soon LOL!" But I'm not going to say that.
I do feel free. I don't feel any restrictions that don't let me do what I want to. You may come here and see for yourself, instead of watching your favourite Fox News all day.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Twist wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Twist wrote:

I read your post as far as the sentence above and promptly stopped. War in Iraq is ensuring that Americans have 'freedom'? OMGROFLMAO. There is one born every day.
Funny thing was I was just reading your post about "intelligent dabating"... Where do I write that it's the AMERICANS freedom that's at stake ? Or do you SERIOUSLY believe that the rest of the word has no claim to life liberty and the persuit of happiness ?

yes, the IS one born everyday.. and if You cannot regocnize the plight of other people, then YOU'RE that one.
I assumed because you are American that you must somehow imagine that the Iraq war is helping you to remain free, when it is pretty obvious that it has nothing to do with US freedom. I mean you can't seriously believe the Iraq war was an altruistic endeavour. My apologies. I do recognise that people elsewhere should enjoy liberty and freedom but they must earn it - it can't be handed to them. I'm sure a growing number of Iraqis would prefer the tyrannical regime of Saddam now to the unimaginable chaos they have to suffer today as a result of being 'liberated', from a simple quality of life, ability to the go to the shops, etc. point of view. LOL. We in the west need to butt out of developing nations affairs, other than to supply them with financial aid. Democracy cannot be applied to a nation or region, especially at gunpoint - countries evolve into democracy at their own pace.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-30 01:37:50)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Hey, dude.  Guess what?  If you don't like the government "wasting" your money, then why don't you leave the United States and move to Iraq or someplace.
Ah, yes.  America, land of the free, home of the brave.  That is to say, you're free to leave, if you're brave enough to risk being killed when your new home gets "liberated".  Seriously, I don't get people who make these sorts of comments.  They're the ones who harp on and on about how America is great because people are free to say or do what they want, but if anyone criticises government policy, they tell them to leave.  Am I the only one who sees the issue here?

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

I hear Saddam did an excellent job of governing that country...
Well, he did fight the Iranians for you guys.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

Horseman 77 wrote:

Ps. Jets F16s were over head in NYC 20 mins after the attack
Blame it on chain of command issues, confusion over training ops, disregarded warnings, proximity of F15/F16s or simple bad luck but it happened on Bush's watch.  Yet you blame Clinton constantly.  If it had happened during Clinton's time, would you blame it on Bush Senior?  I very much doubt it.  And TBH I couldn't care less.
Takedazor
+10|6779|Vila Real, Portugal

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Do you think that 20mins after the attacks was good timing for jets to get there? Wasn't that 20min late? Reports of the 9/11 say that jets were hold down over 40min, much more than usual normal procedure so if you subtract 40 to 20 you will get 20min were at least the 2nd attack on the towers could have been prevented.

I seriously dought what kind of confusion could have lead to, "hey ppl we got some off route comercial jets but we are confused so lets think for a while and ffs don't let the jets take off", this is very unusual but even more is that the man in charge of the american air defense was months after promoted, do you see something wrong with this? I live in portugal my country isn't a simbol of virtude, it's got lots of problems but we had ministers of defense resigning for much less than this and presidents too but in america you gave more power to the president and the president more power to is buddies.

All of this already appened and no one can change it, no one can bring back all the ppl that lost their lifes. You got to start thinking about the future american ppl, please stop for a while and think about what you are letting your president plan for the future, he wants to NUKE iran.

What do you think will be the result of nuking underground facilities with plutonium and maybe quimical/ biological weapons? It's not gonna be pretty i can tell you. Many ppl will loose their lifes ppl like you and me that just wanna have a good life for itself and it's children.

All this will come, many of you don't think it will but it's already in motion, all they need is a reason now and the reason is coming soon, much more sooner than you think, i know many don't believe this but when it occurs you will believe and those who stood in the path of death will be rejoyed by all the killing, will you be one of those that support the slaughter?

Some ppl here are going to, many in america too and the world will never again be what it has been and what was supposed to be.

Anyone that thinks this is the path of freedom, the path of cristians to extint the islamics, or the will of god is so blind they can't see anything but the hate and the need of money(oil).

This is the path of destruction my friends, destruction eventually comes to all and i wont be a part of it by supporting it.
AllmightyOz
+50|6487|United States - Ohio

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Hey, dude.  Guess what?  If you don't like the government "wasting" your money, then why don't you leave the United States and move to Iraq or someplace.  I hear Saddam did an excellent job of governing that country...  Thats what I don't understand about you people.  You complain about the war that is protecting our country from attack and rids us of future threats.  And you complain about wasted tax dollars on war, well if you don't like it then GET THE HELL OUT!  Love it or leave it baby!
No I dont think one would give up or leave everytime something one disagreed with happened. That would make one an imbecile. Thats like you running away from home when your mom wont let you play bf2, its just not gonna happen. See, you have to bitch about your probelms on internet forums hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone from the administration will see your post and change their views, possibly conforming them to yours. That my friend is how nerds make the world a better place.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793

Twist wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Twist wrote:

So whose freedom are they fighting for?  If not America's freedom, do you mean the Iraqis' freedom?  Freedom to be bombed and murdered by insurgents, as opposed to being gassed by their president?  Some choice.  Freedom to be shot or bombed by an invading army if they don't leave their home when the invaders tell them to go?

Personally, I don't feel any safer now that Saddam has been removed from power.  If anything, the US projecting its power makes me feel less safe, less free than before.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6524|Little blue planet, milky way

CameronPoe wrote:

Twist wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I assumed because you are American that you must somehow imagine that the Iraq war is helping you to remain free, when it is pretty obvious that it has nothing to do with US freedom. I mean you can't seriously believe the Iraq war was an altruistic endeavour. My apologies. I do recognise that people elsewhere should enjoy liberty and freedom but they must earn it - it can't be handed to them. I'm sure a growing number of Iraqis would prefer the tyrannical regime of Saddam now to the unimaginable chaos they have to suffer today as a result of being 'liberated', from a simple quality of life, ability to the go to the shops, etc. point of view. LOL. We in the west need to butt out of developing nations affairs, other than to supply them with financial aid. Democracy cannot be applied to a nation or region, especially at gunpoint - countries evolve into democracy at their own pace.
Lol... You couldn't be more wrong.. I'm in fact NOT american. However, I appreciate the american effort (as I posted earlier), because noone else seems to be willing to stand up to the shitheads in the world. Reagan took no shit from the soviets, and now there are half a billion people who are free from torture and oppression. Look at korea, afghanistan, south africa, egypt, many countries in south america.... All have had dictators shot or forcibly removed. And IMO they're all the better for it... I've visited quite a few of these countries, and while the old people there sometimes miss the stability of the past (shit, i know it's no fun not to have food on the table every day), none of them want the uncertainty of life to return.
Believe it or not, but most people prefer a "bad" life to no life at all.

You say that countries evolve into democracy on their own. That may be true, but when was Iraq ever a country ? If you look as its history, it is a "collection" of states (13 I believe) who were all violently conquered through a period of time... Saddam wanted Kuwait to be the next one, and I serisouly doubt he gave up on that idea just because the US told him to.
So in point of fact I challenge you to find just three examples of ANY country that has thrown away the shackles of oppression by itself. In fact, I think you will be hard pressed to find one. According to historians, NO country has ever done so without external support/force (yes this includes america, or have you forgotten how the french and other non-english loving europeans helped you/them ?).

I agree that the war was not fought over altruistic goals, but that doesn't mean that the byproduct of it... The freedom of the Iraqi people isn't a good thing. You are quite right that financial aid does precious little for developing nations. Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day, TEACH a man how to fish, and he will eat the rest of his life. I belive that. I SUPPORT that, and you are right about it. However, the war in Iraq wasn't started over a matter of financial aid. It was started because Saddam would not live up to his end of the bargain after the first war. He would NOT comply with the UN resolutions, he would NOT comply with the weapons inspectors, and he would NOT respect the nofly zones, and most importantly, he would NOT stop killing his own people.
Now assume that he HAD WMD, assume that he IS insane, assume that he HAS the largest army in the middle east, and assume that he couldn't care less about the opinions of the world, additionally assume that he gives exactly a rats ass about human life, and further assume that had had a grudge to settle over the first war against iraq.... Wouldn't YOU think that he was going to be a problem ?
Whatever the facts are, there was no reason to assume otherwise, and based solely on the information that was getting out of Iraq, I agree with the goverments that the reason for going to war was there. And the goal of getting rid of Saddam was achieved. Yes, there's a cost to pay NOW, but IMO it will be worth it in the end.

As for the assanine comment some other bloke made about people dying BECAUSE of the american occupation, I can only say: Try to follow the news. There's a nice court case going on right now, in the Hague, about how Saddam gassed, tortured and shot MILLIONS of HIS OWN people (not to mention how many Iranians he killed, but that's besides the point). I'm sure THEY appeciated being tortured, gassed and worse on a daily basis. There may be some people who oppose the change of regime. Who ever said this war would be over in 2 weeks ?
Change takes time, sometimes a LONG time. But as long as the average citizen gets to live a safer and more productive life, and is free from unjust persecution (read the human rights.. I'm quite aware that the US has refused to sign the geneva convention and follow the accords set forth regarding human rights, but they still expect the rest of the world to follow them), then isn't that a goal in itself ?
Yes I'm quite aware that the US's motives for entering the war wasn't entirely for the benefit of the Iraqi people. But the government KNEW going in that it was for the long haul. They KNEW it would take many YEARS to ensure the change of regimes, but when a country decides to take it upon themselves to help others in this maner, I'm not going to question their ulterior motives, as long as a common goal of bettering the lives of other people is achieved. I'm damned PROUD that my country is helping the US with ground troops and logistics support. I feel bad for the people in the middle east, that we (the west) had to take military action to enforce a change of regimes, but in the end, I believe that it was ultimately required of us, because noone in the middle east had the power to overthrow Saddam.
And when it comes right down to it... How many civilians have died in Iraq in the last 3 years (violent deaths from acts of terrorism or the likes) ? 80.000 ? 100.000 ? 200.000 ? Shit, Saddam could kill that many before BREAKFAST when he was on a roll. So why would ANYONE in their right minds even CONSIDER that the Iraqies are not better off now ?
Sure yeah, the Sunni and Shiites have exchanged places, so that the 10% aren't ruling the 90% anymore.... I guess the 10% are pissed about that. But when was "I win because I have the biggest gun" ever considered democratic ? I think the last time was before the abolishment of the slavery around the time of the american civil war. Slavery being something that was ALSO opposed by the majority of the world, Just like Saddams rule was opposed by the rest of the world (look at the UN resolutions, even the FRENCH agreed that Saddam was out on a limb). Now ask the average BLACK american.. Do you THINK he would rather have slavery never abolished ? I REALLY doubt that. So in 20 or 50 years, go ask the average Iraqi if he'd rather have Saddam never overthrown.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Seaneroo wrote:

Hey, Ruskie, kindly get your own mob cime-ridden house in order before you start criticizing us.  BTW, how DOES it feel to drop from Superpower to Third World status in just two decades?  Also, maybe you shouldn't be so dismissive of words like "freedom" until you've genuinely experienced it.
lol..Don't forget all the Trillions of dollars we spent in defeating them in the cold war.
The Cold War was about containing a genuine threat. Iraq posed no threat to anyone, except the people who lived there. There was a problem, but it was self contained. Now the situation is even worse - especially for the US and UK, since the nation is bound to fall into fundamental Islamic rule, like Iran, leading to much more terrorism (which was not a problem there initially).

Freedom does not come into the Iraq situation, unless it is the freedom of the Iraqi people you are speaking of.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6524|Little blue planet, milky way

Bertster7 wrote:

The Cold War was about containing a genuine threat. Iraq posed no threat to anyone, except the people who lived there. There was a problem, but it was self contained. Now the situation is even worse - especially for the US and UK, since the nation is bound to fall into fundamental Islamic rule, like Iran, leading to much more terrorism (which was not a problem there initially).

Freedom does not come into the Iraq situation, unless it is the freedom of the Iraqi people you are speaking of.
How do you KNOW Iraq posed no threat to anyone excpt itself ? It was only a couple of years before Saddam Invaded Kuwait. Saddam had long range missles, he HAD WMDs, he had USED them, and he had NO PROOF of getting rid of them. In point of fact, he refused to cooperate with the UN weapons inspectors, and he continually claimed to have the weapons on public TV.... He was insane, had the largest army in the middle east, he had no respect for human life and he had a grudge to settle over the first war in Iraq.... Now tell me again how he was a threat to noone.....
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

Twist wrote:

Lol... You couldn't be more wrong.. I'm in fact NOT American. However, I appreciate the American effort (as I posted earlier), because none else seems to be willing to stand up to the shitheads in the world. Reagan took no shit from the soviets, and now there are half a billion people who are free from torture and oppression..
Regan did nothing other that escalate the cold war. Stand up to the Soviets? The cold war was just another way of keeping the American ppl  scared shitless and ever ready to have their liberties taken from them. It went from "war on drugs" to "war on Communism" to "cold war" to now "the war on terror". Back to back wars on something. 

Twist wrote:

Look at Korea, Afghanistan, south Africa, egypt, many countries in south america.... All have had dictators shot or forcibly removed. And IMO they're all the better for it... I've visited quite a few of these countries
Korea= Americans War on Communism. Again interfering in the natural progression and development of a Nation. Now two oppositely polarized nations with the most militarized piece of land in the world between them. Nice work.
Afghanistan=War on terror. The regime was bad, there is no doubting that. However the CIA did fund arm and train the talliban for 10 years making them the most powerful guerrilla force in the region. Then they stopped taking orders from the CIA when the Soviets with drew and took over the country and the Americans supported them in doing so. Billions of dollars and tens of thousands of ppl dead later and Afghanistan is now as much under the talibans control as it was 6 years ago. The CIA's principal client during the soviet occupation was Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, one of the leading druglords and a leading heroin refiner. CIA-supplied trucks and mules, which had carried arms into Afghanistan, were used to transport opium to laboratories along the Afghan/Pakistan border. The output provided up to one half of the heroin used annually in the United States and three-quarters of that used in Western Europe. U.S. officials admitted in 1990 that they had failed to investigate or take action against the drug operation because of a desire not to offend their Pakistani and Afghan allies. Heroin production has increase 5 fold since 6 years ago. Nice work.

South Africa= Had nothing to do with America. Except she like every other nation ignored the blatant human rights violations for decades. It was ppl power that over threw the apatite government. American and scores of other nations all weighed in and clambered for photo opportunities with the liberated Nelson Mandela trying to align themselves with the struggle these ppl went through to be allowed basic human rights after ignoring the struggle for so long. It was the biggest world wide photo call, PR stunt ever IMO. Good Work.

many countries in south america="All have had dictators shot or forcibly removed." You got mixed up there. Should have read: ="some had elected governments shot or forcibly removed by the CIA." The USA's disgraceful behavior in South American is well documented. They have overthrown elected governments or directly interfered in the running of: Nicaragua, Haiti, Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Cuba. Each time to ensure the flow of cheep recourses and oil while the ppl of the Continent they pillaged live in third world conditions.
http://www2.truman.edu/~marc/resources/ … tions.html
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6686|Hell's prison
All I got to say is, war is hell, Freedom isnt free, and...I dunno, we will cry over the money already spent later.  Get over it.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Blame it on chain of command issues, confusion over training ops, disregarded warnings, proximity of F15/F16s or simple bad luck but it happened on Bush's watch.  Yet you blame Clinton constantly.  If it had happened during Clinton's time, would you blame it on Bush Senior?  I very much doubt it.  And TBH I couldn't care less.
good points all. if it happened 6 months into clintons watch I might have. clinton cut the military to recklessly and staffed intelligence positions with political cronies, many could not be cleared for threat to security reasons. if you didn't know this you do now. PS you seem to care...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
well as for the korean war, the US didnt start it, the NK started invading the south, the US was stationed there since after the fall of japan, korea was split w/ russia (north) and US (south) kinda like germany.

Because of the Iraq war, people have more freedom then ever. If a lot hated the US, then why did some civilian iraqis help US troops during the war?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838

pointyhead wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

That's funny, Horseman...I could've sworn that we were talking about the Iraq War.  Not 9/11...
Try more coffee kid.
Why don't you try more uh..... intelligence?  Nah, can't do that with Horseman!  Sorry for asking.

BTW, should I call you sir?  Exactly how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Nothing to add, no opinions, steeped in the belief he has nothing new to ever learn, secure in his world that anyone who disagrees with him is wrong and anyone who agrees with him is right. emboldened by the anonymous cloak the Internet provides, What brought him running .. the word kid?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6710|Wilmington, DE, US

Horseman 77 wrote:

pointyhead wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Try more coffee kid.

Nothing to add, no opinions, steeped in the belief he has nothing new to ever learn, secure in his world that anyone who disagrees with him is wrong and anyone who agrees with him is right. emboldened by the anonymous cloak the Internet provides, What brought him running .. the word kid?
Damn Horseman, you couldn't have written a more accurate autobiography.
SteikeTa
+153|6749|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I gotta say, this is the most interesting thread I`ve ever read here. Not being sarcastic!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

All I got to say is, war is hell, Freedom isnt free, and...I dunno, we will cry over the money already spent later.  Get over it.
War in Iraq is securing 'freedom' how exactly? LOL.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6501|Los Angeles

CameronPoe wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

War in Iraq is securing 'freedom' how exactly? LOL.
Yeah I still haven't heard anyone who throws around the term "freedom" define it.
comet241
+164|6766|Normal, IL

Kmarion wrote:

There is no price for freedom. I only hope it can someday be achieved.
this sums it up perfectly. If we were to ignore the problem like previous administrations, the costs would only swell for when the issue HAS to be faced. What issue, you may ask.... the issue of states that, while at the time may not be a direct threat to the US or western civilization, in the future pose a serious threat. Also, dont forget the countless number of people killed, imprisoned, and tortured by hussein. Then you may say: what about all of the people dying in iraq right now? I say, a tiny fraction of those are killed by american troops, the rest is sectarian violence, which, would erupt into a full-scale civil war if we left. And the civil war would have happened eventually anyway, after hussein died or if he was overthrown.... and if that had happened, there wouldnt have been 140,000 of our guys there to stop it from being as messy as it could be.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846
You know that this sort of stuff is going to happen when the world's most powerful man also claims the award for the world's biggest idiot.
The term "reigeme" being tossed in to describe Saddam Hussan I guess could be used in the case of George Bush as well.

The real question is, how the hell did this man win a second term?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard