cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
We have not rebuilt the twin towers or New Orleans,  which is in worse conditioin then Iraq right now. It's Huriccan season again and if they get hit I don't belive the City will even be able to be rebuilt. Now I like all the other american's on this forum, who are over 15, pay taxes to my local and federal government and I say rebuild our own country first. People in New Orleans and New York are still at risk for health issues. In New Orleans they are absolutely no work available for people who have been relocated, New York has lost it's biggest revenue builder and hasn't even started a rebuild effort. While we are out across the world policing and building up other econimies and making other them "safer", we have seemed to forgotten about our own.  Also we are already in the process of spending a few billion on a wall across the Mexican border.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-09-01 12:04:07)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6725|United States of America
We haven't forgotten our own economies.  If you haven't noticed, whenever we help rebuild a country, or make it democratic, we do buisness with them, thereby helping our economy also.  New Orleans deserves to burn to the ground.  They should have prepared better and should have been ready for Katrina, not our fault they're idiots down there.  New York should be rebuilt, and rebuilt now.  It was attacked by terrorists in the largest sucessful attack ever.  They deserve our help.

Last edited by Miller (2006-09-01 12:08:20)

Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6645|Moscow, Russia
The US should not have bombed and messed up that country in first place.
I don't think WTC should be rebuilt, a memorial will do.
Of course New Orleans needs to be cleaned/rebuilt/brought to order.
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6807|Dundas, ONT, Canada

Miller wrote:

We haven't forgotten our own economies.  If you haven't noticed, whenever we help rebuild a country, or make it democratic, we do business with them, thereby helping our economy also.  New Orleans deserves to burn to the ground.  They should have prepared better and should have been ready for Katrina, not our fault they're idiots down there.  New York should be rebuilt, and rebuilt now.  It was attacked by terrorists in the largest successful attack ever.  They deserve our help.
Oh you mean like outsource all the work to those countries so regular Joe left jobless. Right we all aware of that democracy. No thanks. It's a rule in any house-hold, deal with your mess first and than with outside. Countries should not be any different.

Last edited by l=l-Oneill-l=l (2006-09-01 12:21:02)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

New Orleans needs to be rebuilt as a econmic standpoint ( big port city and touristism) they have jobs available down there but most are not budgeing ( some reasons are no homes {they have economized apts built} memories of the Katrina {understand about that and its a choice to not come back to New Orleans}) Alot of New Orleans ppl are still living off the FEMA paycheck in Houston ( well you state there are no jobs in Houston {well what do you except when such a huge flow of ppl come into a city all at once} but now ppl can either come back or relocate to different area but there is jobs out there even if you need to get a job at McDonalds or Walmart ) 
New York needs to rebuild for the economy and to show strengh and unison
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

Miller wrote:

We haven't forgotten our own economies.  If you haven't noticed, whenever we help rebuild a country, or make it democratic, we do business with them, thereby helping our economy also.  New Orleans deserves to burn to the ground.  They should have prepared better and should have been ready for Katrina, not our fault they're idiots down there.  New York should be rebuilt, and rebuilt now.  It was attacked by terrorists in the largest successful attack ever.  They deserve our help.
Actually no I haven't notice that we've ever made a democracy because a democracy is made by the people who live in the country or region and can't be created by anyone else other then the people who are going to run it.. But if you can give me examples I'll be more then happy to look into it.
New Orleans did not deserve to be burned to the ground at all, there was a natural devastator like the Tsunami over in Asia should they have know not to live by the ocean?  I think two weeks wasn't enough time to get prepared for Katrina so let's just call it a terrorist attack by god and help them too OK.
jonsimon
+224|6465

Miller wrote:

We haven't forgotten our own economies.  If you haven't noticed, whenever we help rebuild a country, or make it democratic, we do buisness with them, thereby helping our economy also.  New Orleans deserves to burn to the ground.  They should have prepared better and should have been ready for Katrina, not our fault they're idiots down there.  New York should be rebuilt, and rebuilt now.  It was attacked by terrorists in the largest sucessful attack ever.  They deserve our help.
Federal money is responsible for the failures in NO. Federal money should make up for the damage.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
No it should rebuild every other country first and then concentrate on itself. LOL!

PS Miller, your quote: "New Orleans deserves to burn to the ground.", will definitely come back to haunt you in this forum at some point. What a stupid thing to say.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Well right now I'm going through the complaining on the interenet possibilty here's my email and response. If anyone else wants to compain PM for the site.

Dear KEVIN COSTELLO:

Thank you for contacting the City of New York. Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate agency for review and handling.

For future reference, your service request number is 1-1-257617990.

Sincerely,

The City of New York

This is an auto-generated system message. Please do not reply to this message. Messages received through this address are not processed.

Thank you.

The information you have provided is as follows:
Form: Customer Comment
Topic: WTC
Name:  KEVIN COSTELLO
Street Address: 637 PALISADE AVE APT 3
City, State Zip: JERSEY CITY, NJ 07307
Email: [email protected]
Company: Celebrity Mortgage
Work Phone:
What is being done about the rebuilding effort? I looked around the site and didn't see anything recent about it. It's been 5 years already and I belive most of the residents are anoxious to hear some good news.
Thank you for your time

Kevin Costello
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6420|San Diego, CA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

We have not rebuilt the twin towers or New Orleans,  which is in worse conditioin then Iraq right now. It's Huriccan season again and if they get hit I don't belive the City will even be able to be rebuilt. Now I like all the other american's on this forum, who are over 15, pay taxes to my local and federal government and I say rebuild our own country first. People in New Orleans and New York are still at risk for health issues. In New Orleans they are absolutely no work available for people who have been relocated, New York has lost it's biggest revenue builder and hasn't even started a rebuild effort. While we are out across the world policing and building up other econimies and making other them "safer", we have seemed to forgotten about our own.  Also we are already in the process of spending a few billion on a wall across the Mexican border.
You probably should do a little research about things also...Pick up last's months Fortune and you can read an article about the rebuilding of NO and what they are going through.  Its being rebuilt, it has also only been a year, construction on that magnitude does not happen over night.  Same with the towers in NY.  Plans take time, they are rebuilding....in fact my firm is working with a company planning he rebuilding of the WTC.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
yes many many years... The war in Iraq will probably be over 5 years before the towers and new orlease is rebuild.. And remember Hurrican season is once a year.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-09-01 13:06:32)

cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
It took 7 years to first build the WTC and now it's probably going to take 20 years to start. So I might never see the NYC skyline the way I grow up with it. Thanks politicans you've really fucked up again.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6519|Southeastern USA

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Miller wrote:

Oh you mean like outsource all the work to those countries so regular Joe left jobless. Right we all aware of that democracy. No thanks. It's a rule in any house-hold, deal with your mess first and than with outside. Countries should not be any different.
honestly i can't blame the businesses for outsourcing and such, it's not their fault, they are in business to make money, not run charity organizations. The single biggest hindrance to US economic growth is our own damn tax code, it is this tax code that makes it so much cheaper to run your customer service from Bangladesh. If I can manufacture a carpet in north georgia for 7 dollars a foot, and manufacture in China and ship it for 4 dollars, whose business is it if I make it in China for an extra 3 dollars profit?

If you want to really start making a difference, look here.

http://fairtax.org/

This will probably be my second largest concern when hitting the voting booth this fall, and is why I voted for a couple of Libertarians last election.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6679|Wilmington, DE, US
I know what's going on down at the WTC. They're working on it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Wasder wrote:

Until the next Cat 4 Hurricane come through. A city under sea level is just not a good idea to begin with.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Miller wrote:

Oh, New York is worthy, but screw New Orleans.  You are wrong, New Orleans people aren't idiots.  The idiot is the government who cut the funds to protect New Orleans from floodings.  You couldn't protect New Orleans from Katrina, but you could from the floodings.  So, how the hell is that people of New Orleans are idiots?

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-09-02 05:14:31)

chef1969
Banned
+7|6418|uk

CameronPoe wrote:

No it should rebuild every other country first and then concentrate on itself. LOL!

PS Miller, your quote: "New Orleans deserves to burn to the ground.", will definitely come back to haunt you in this forum at some point. What a stupid thing to say.
nice one miller should be banned for comments like that
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida

SEREMAKER wrote:

New Orleans needs to be rebuilt as a econmic standpoint ( big port city and touristism) they have jobs available down there but most are not budgeing ( some reasons are no homes {they have economized apts built} memories of the Katrina {understand about that and its a choice to not come back to New Orleans}) Alot of New Orleans ppl are still living off the FEMA paycheck in Houston ( well you state there are no jobs in Houston {well what do you except when such a huge flow of ppl come into a city all at once} but now ppl can either come back or relocate to different area but there is jobs out there even if you need to get a job at McDonalds or Walmart ) 
New York needs to rebuild for the economy and to show strengh and unison
The truth man, not to mention their crime rate has risen like 28% I think....maybe not 28, but its risen ALOT.  But when you have a flow of 50k-100k people move to your city what do you really expect?  There was an article in the news paper the other day about how this older couple were refugees from New Orleans.  They came here during the evacuation because their son lives here.  They came up, and with the insurance pay off they got for their house, they bought a new house up here and plan on staying here.  The guy says he still technically is the owner of his house in N.O., but has no idea what to do with it.  I congratulate them on moving on with their life.  Although not everyone down there was as fortunate as them in having the proper home insurance to cover the disasters that happened to their property.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6519|Southeastern USA

sergeriver wrote:

Miller wrote:

Oh, New York is worthy, but screw New Orleans.  You are wrong, New Orleans people aren't idiots.  The idiot is the government who cut the funds to protect New Orleans from floodings.  You couldn't protect New Orleans from Katrina, but you could from the floodings.  So, how the hell is that people of New Orleans are idiots?
no one has ever cut the funding for the levy system, this is some old shite and I'll try to dig up my relevant links, but the main problem was the bureaucratic tangle of red tape involved in managing the levies, each one was managed individually, and often the funding was diverted by the levy authorities for ridiculous projects like dredging shipping lanes in areas not even remotely used for shipping
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807

Wasder wrote:

The US should not have bombed and messed up that country in first place.
I don't think WTC should be rebuilt, a memorial will do.
Bombing that country has brought attacks on our own to a level of Zero in six years. Pretty good.
We were at a level of 9 attacks in 8 years            Pretty sucky for the worlds only supper power.

so for what ever reason it is a vast improvment (particularly in NYC)

They should build 5 taller towers ( more than double like we would have during WWII. )
If they build a memorial it will be a haven for bums and street people. It is a business district. build offices.

New Orleans should not be rebuilt as it was and is well below Sea Level which created the Hurricane flood disaster to begin with

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-09-02 10:41:44)

HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6696|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
f*** New Orleans the cost of rebuilding is astronomical. Just move the "culture" north more (possibly above sea level.)

Last edited by HeadShotAK47 (2006-09-02 10:41:36)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6652|Canada
can you prove that bombing that country is the reason for your so called no attacks?
What if the real reason, for example, was to do with airlines, and nothing at all whatsoever, to do with invading a nation over 10000 km away, which itself, posed absolutely no threat at all to homeland USA.

What if terrorist attacks are taking place all over the fucking place while we happily proclaim that there have been none since 9/11?  What if in your smug safety and lack of retrospect you've failed to notice all the terrorism happening in the world right now?  Just because there hasn't been another 9/11 doesn't mean terrorism has stopped.  Lmao.  Like the war on drugs, It NEVER STOPS.  Wow.  You haven't had a disaster since then, should we be impressed?  I'd be more impressed had your country defended itself in the first place, and studied the evidence properly.

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-09-02 10:46:29)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807
like I said.. " for whatever reason ".. no more attacks, pretty big coincedence.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6652|Canada
well the equivalent statement would be: all the American presidents since ww2 are responsible for the fact that there hasn't been another world war.  Kind of a moot point.  It is just a coincidence.

Or this:  I wear black shoes one day and witness a murder.  I am traumatized, and decide never to wear black shoes again.  Nothing like that has happened since.  Is it because of my shoes?  Umm no.

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-09-02 10:52:20)

stef10
+173|6452|Denmark
Of course they should. You have to be selfish in such a situation

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard