EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6694|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
I GOT IT, MY VETERAN TANK WHORE BADGE!

Damn man, it's been a long road but I got it...

EVIL_STYX got to come out and play yesterday, it was a very good day! I got two GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE as well... one gold, silver and bronze came from all ground pounding on SF until the end of the night. I decided to finish up on my TANK WHORE BADGE, coprod230 was my Veteran kill.

Just thought I would toot my horn a bit!
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6685|Houston, Texas
I have every badge as gold except for tank and aviator. There's a small chance i'll get gold aviator. there is no chance in hell i'm getting 400 hours in a tank. I've got 145 hours in a tank out of 1396 hours of playtime. Messing in the helos/jets is fun, armor whoring got boring around the first 100,000 points I had... at 200,000 I don't even bother looking at them for anything else then transportation... and even then I dont like using them unless I just have to.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
I think it's a blast my self...

It takes ALLOT more skill to stay alive in a tank than most people give it credit for! That much I know for sure... Allot more skill than staying alive in a flippen jet!

I am a self admitted TANK WHORE and I was just saying that out of my 300 hrs I just got my VETERAN TANK WHORE BADGE...

All that gold is pretty, I don't have enough time yet, but it will come!

I see you have all but the EU medal as well, good job!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-27 22:33:02)

Ranger0405
+3|6759|Cali, USA
Ya Armor is my favorite I got expert not to long ago  . I wish people wouldnt put down armor in the game as much because its part of it and some people do like it .
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6734|Eastern PA
I just want the vet vehicle badges to make it beyond COL (if I ever make it to 150k points).
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE

Ranger0405 wrote:

Ya Armor is my favorite I got expert not to long ago  . I wish people wouldnt put down armor in the game as much because its part of it and some people do like it .
Yea, I hear you! You get a good K/D going in a tank and watch the AT kits come out of the wood work literally... Keep your K/D up after that and then spout that it doesn't take any skill. People on this forum make me laugh about that. It's hard to try and keep your tank rolling down main street in one piece! It takes skill, timing and knowing just what to do in certain situations to get the job done and give the ground pounders support...

A jet takes no skill what so ever, unless you have a good pilot on the other side, your pretty much free to spam, camp and rape what ever you want. A GOOD TANK WHORE takes much more skill than people give it credit for...

EDIT: Heli whores don't get put down, and I am a pretty good pilot just from my sims experience. I don't have much time or kills but piloting/gunning takes skill as well, but people for the most part on this forum do not give credit where credit is due... It takes just as much if not more skill to DRIVE a TANK, and keep it driving!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-27 23:26:56)

Drexel
+43|6488|Philadelphia
Now I'm sure that I'm going to get reamed for this so much, but I really hate how EA makes all the medals easy to get now-a-days.  I'm happy that the armor is still the way it was origionally.  I wish that all the awards were the way they were when they started.  (200 hours/kit for silver, 400+ for gold).  That way, these people who aren't great at the kit won't get it as quick as they do.  The ranks would be better too the way they originally were.  Just my opinion, but I'm sure no one agrees....
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6541|Belgium
Quite correct. I dont agree

It should be tough to get them, but not too tough. First it was a bit much, now im swimming in vet badges and all sorts of ribbons
Bunn-Gee
+7|6477

iPoon.be wrote:

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

You know that you don't have to be the driver to rack up armor time? Why not use the APC as what it is obviously because of its name: An Armored Personnel Carrier. Have your squad leader drive it, move in them from flag to flag -> additional armor time for 5 people and you all can still contribute to the team's victory. Beyond that, there's no map that doesn't have any kind of armored vehicle, unlike choppers or jets.
Its funny how little its used as a personnel carrier i think its because the passengers get shitty guns, while reall transport gets 2-shotkill sniping machineguns

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

I'm really surprised to see so many people whine about the armor time. Yeah, I don't have 400 hours, most likely I'll never get them. But my aviator time is less than 20 hours with more than 1200 hours total playing time. So my point on which one is easier to get is pretty clear.
Being easy to use doesnt mean they have to make it twice as hard to get the awards. It just means more people are going to have the awards
Atm they seem to want to prevent that for no particular reason.
No, they are hardly used because they are rolling coffins on servers with helos and jets and AT.  You have to have a pretty good driver or be lucky not to get bombed. 

Don't get me wrong I use them but when I'm in them I know it's only a matter of time before we get blown up.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
I personally agree with you, they should have never changed the awards system IMO!

That is just stealing the credit from the people that actually earned those medals...

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-28 21:22:54)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys
tanks are fucking boring, and i still need 33 fucking hours in them for general, i wonder why EA dident lower the requirements down to 50 hours like the other veteran badges, got my hopes up all for nothing.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Sheep of War
+40|6654
Well, I was over the 100 for vet. Then went 60-0 in warlord....nada. I'm bored with it, rather get killed with a rifle now.

I think they knew and anticipated all of the TKing that goes along with aircraft.  Tanks are the second choice to people that can't stand dying. I definatly did my share of tank whoring. I still do somtimes, but now, its only becase of the chance that I might survive a bombing run.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
Yea 908, I had to get my vet. engineer badge on SF three times before it actually stuck. It seems you have to on some badges depends on which ones for each player, but it takes about twice the required amount to actually get it to show in game. Then your lucky if it sticks on your BFHQ in SF...
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6572|Australia, NSW
yea i agree, the tank time needs to be lowered, 50 and 150 for expert is enough, even just 150 is ages.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6541|Belgium

EVIL_STYX wrote:

Yea 908,
Dont be rude, write out his full nick :p
Darky
Hi..
+71|6573|Here.
I dont even have basic on my current character..
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6516|Melbourne, Australia

iPoon.be wrote:

Its funny how little its used as a personnel carrier i think its because the passengers get shitty guns, while reall transport gets 2-shotkill sniping machineguns
(FYI in an APC the passengers cannot interact with the environment, e.g. BMP3, whereas in an Armoured Fighting Vehicle, or AFV, the passengers get gun ports and/or mounted weapons.)

Well, on the Bradley the standard weapons are short-barrel, stockless, high RoF, belt-fed variants of the M16 that mount into the gunports via a screw fitted cowling on the barrel sheath. I think BF2 got this right on the AFVs.

The weapons on the RIBs (Rigid-hulled Inflatable Boats) seem like over-powered SAWs... which I think is right for the typical weapon that a rapid-deployment assault-boat would get equipped with.

The M134 miniguns in the Blackhawk are terrible (v1.3). In reality they are 7.62mm NATO (so should be G3, M24 or L96A1 damage levels) and fire at over 10,000 rounds per minute. The reason they have 6 rotating barrels is to prevent rapid overheating. They are designed for long, sustained bursts. They are totally bogus in BF2, but at the same time infinite ammo would be ridiculous for those weapons' rate of fire.

The .50 cal chopper guns and jeep guns are terrible. They do nowhere near enough damage or spash-damage; they should totally shred unarmoured vehicles like FAVs, RIBs and transport choppers and be a threat to light armoured vehicles like APCs, AFVs and larger jeeps. Their RoF is totally nerfed (~300RPM vs ~550-600RPM) and they overheat too quickly even on short bursts. The M2HB Browning .50 calibre machinegun has been a defacto standard the world over since US involvement in WWII started. There is a reason for that and it is NOT because of how awful it is.

The Hind chin gun is totally nerfed too. Don't get me started on how badly it got screwed.

Another weapon that has been getting very popular among US forces is the GECAL50 minigun. It uses the standard .50 Calibre Browning MachineGun (.50BMG or 50BMG) as described above, and comes in either a rotating 3 or 6 barrel form. The 6 barrel version has a RoF twice as high as the 3 barrel. The RoF is not as high as the M134 but is still impressive. Given that the 50BMG round carries five times the energy of the 7.62mm NATO so this is an impressive suppression weapon. The GECAL50's are most often seen on Blackhawk and larger transport helicopters.

Yet another weapon that has been described as a "Technological Orphan" is the M214 minigun. It is very very similar to the M134 but scaled-down to fire 5.56mm NATO. It is a masterpiece of design and engineering; it is a 6 barrel rotary cannon firing 5000-6000RPM in a package light enough and portable enough to be carried by an individual footsoldier. First brought to prominence in the movie "Predator", the XM214 (as it was known then) got referred to as "The Amazing Rotary Machinegun As Used To Such Great Effect By Blaine In Predator" in cult gun-geeking circles. It was later used by Arnold Schwartzenegger in "Terminator 2". The disadvantage with the M214 as a squad support weapon is that the backpack of 2000 rounds of belted ammunition is used in about 25 seconds of continuous fire. Using the weapon as a vehicle-mounted system alleviates the ammo problems by using longer belts but nullifies its most attractive attribute, which is its portability. Additionally, the M214 lacks the effective range and power that is expected of a mounted weapon and the types of mounts that the M214 would be found on would hold larger, more attractive systems like the M60E, M134, Browning .50cal M2HB and GECAL50. Which is where the M214's reputation as an "orphan" comes from; a fine weapon looking for a home.

Sorry, got waffling.

\\'
(WC)KtheC
+9|6723
I got my Expert Armor awhile back and I still enjoy tanking.  Shooting a chopper down with a tank is only exceeded in pleasure by getting a defended flag kill via knife.
aqempty
+6|6517|international waters

bullit wrote:

using armor is hard and staying alive is hard to cause

1. u got spec ops trying to sneak up on u.
2. getting rid of the enemy armor.
3. after reaching 20-0 in 5 mins u get the whole side of the enemy spawning as anti-tank, or planes or helis trying to kill ya.
4. each patch seems to make armor weaker.
5. helis and planes are like birds while the tank is a turtle.

-i prefer city maps because:
is really easy hide from choppers.
-tank battles are like "the rat and the cat" a apc who attacks and hide has a lot of chances to defeat a tank
-wrong tanks arent weaker, are the choppers and AT missiles and spect ops charges
-the stats always says that more spect ops dies before getting their objective than survives.

the apc mgs arent used because the driver usually don give them angle to fire.

im still thinking that 400 hours in a tank are funnier than 100 as a sniper

Last edited by aqempty (2006-08-31 08:01:47)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6610|Cheshire. UK

loonitic wrote:

bullit wrote:

3. after reaching 20-0 in 5 mins u get the whole side of the enemy spawning as anti-tank, or planes or helis trying to kill ya.

So true but there aint nothing better than taking out a convoy of tanks with an F15.
theres nothing better than taking out and F15 with a tank lol.!!!
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6546|Valhalla

joker3327 wrote:

loonitic wrote:

bullit wrote:

So true but there aint nothing better than taking out a convoy of tanks with an F15.
Only happened once... flying too damn slowly...
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6516|Melbourne, Australia

loonitic wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Only happened once... flying too damn slowly...
I took out an F35 with a T90 on Oman. He was strafing me with the cannon, so I turned the turret and took a pot-shot. Didn't manage to screenshot fast enough - I was a little stunned. He was a little dead though.

\\'
Aardcore
+60|6724|USA, Arizona
If there were a rank/stat point system in Point of Existence 2, getting any of the armor badges from basic all the way to expert would be a blast because tanks in POE2 are actually fun to use and require a sense of tactical approach, especially with the choice of rounds; Sabot and HEAP... it's awesome. They react much faster to movement and they move even faster than BF2's tanks. If I could compare BF2 to Point of Existence 2's tank speeds, BF2 tanks would move like slugs compared to these cheetahs PoE2 tanks move with.
EVIL_ACHERON
Tank Whore
+5|6657|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
Hey EVIL_STYX congrats on your Veteran Tank Badge but my questtion to you is how about your Veteran Ground Defense Badge because I got mine just a few days ago. As the tank badge goes it takes forever and a day to get thats why you have so many armor whores out there now.
lonewolf1195
+0|6455|Michigan USA
Just wait until next patch  lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard