wraithpilot
+0|6759
doing a barrel roll and killing me all in one move.  I hope this is a cheat and EA fixes it soon, because it's very annoying.  Oh yeah, first post here, nice place you kids have.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6882|San Francisco

Rolling on the ground is different than jumping... The rolling animation is only seen by other people. Their screen does not flip around while their character is rolling. It is easy to hit someone in the head while proning, you just got your ass handed to you.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6781|The United Center

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Rolling on the ground is different than jumping... The rolling animation is only seen by other people. Their screen does not flip around while their character is rolling. It is easy to hit someone in the head while proning, you just got your ass handed to you.
zing!

check and mate.
ronin1942
+-1|6877

tF-voodoochild wrote:

LOL
Lawk
+2|6808

tF-voodoochild wrote:

That wasn't very nice, but that is what makes it so funny.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6882|San Francisco

Lawk wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Straight to the point and bluntly honest. I answered his question. The fact of the matter is he simply got owned. It happens to all of us, what matters is how we handle it. Personally I just go hunt down the guy who killed me and kill him back for some sweet revenge, other people feel like crying about it and blaming factors beyond their control.
ronin1942
+-1|6877
I think he was talking about when people jump then lay prone (you get the roll animation) i do this a lot people usualy shoot over my head expecting the bunny hop but no im on the ground .....lol works great
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6784|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Personally I just go hunt down the guy who killed me and kill him back for some sweet revenge, other people feel like crying about it and blaming factors beyond their control.
Ditto...it's amazing how often I kill 'em back, too...

Oh, and if you're bunnyhopping or dolphin diving while I kill you, I'll let you know it doesn't work so well the second time around. Of course, lately it doesn't work so well the FIRST time, either.

Last edited by [1stSSF]=Nuka= (2005-11-29 16:00:11)

wraithpilot
+0|6759
Exactly ronin, it's when they jump and roll in the air and then wham, I'm dead...
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6882|San Francisco

wraithpilot wrote:

Exactly ronin, it's when they jump and roll in the air and then wham, I'm dead...
It isn't really a hack or anything, just pressing jump, prone, and strafe. Anyone can do it with a little bit of practice, it's part of the game.
Lawk
+2|6808

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Lawk wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Straight to the point and bluntly honest. I answered his question. The fact of the matter is he simply got owned. It happens to all of us, what matters is how we handle it. Personally I just go hunt down the guy who killed me and kill him back for some sweet revenge, other people feel like crying about it and blaming factors beyond their control.
Yeah man.  All I was sayin is that you made me laugh.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6882|San Francisco

Lawk wrote:

Yeah man.  All I was sayin is that you made me laugh.
I'm just saying it wasn't meant to be mean, I'm just feeling very blunt at the moment.
wraithpilot
+0|6759
don't worry, I didn't take it as being mean...
ronin1942
+-1|6877
lol... i do it more now just to piss people off more than anything when i run across some good players i dosent work and i start using tactics more than relying on an opponets inability to shoot.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6758
I tend to find that yes its just a good shot,no point getting angry,i just get even,this is normally sneaking up on them and knifing them or the old favourite of c4 and bunny hop,they may not laugh,sure makes me

My first post,so hi to all the regs and Chuy keep up the good work m8
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6799
Are people invulnerable when they do this?, i think i may have heard that before...

anyways, someone did the roll like 3 feet in front of me today, so i just stood still and gave him a pump shottie round to the head and he didn't die and empties his gun into my legs, killing me...

it would be interesting to know
jools
+-1|6842|a galaxy far, far away....
I am most curious as well about the shottie thinge. The same happened to me, in some worse way: I shot him 3 times, always hitting, and 2 must have been around his face, yet he killed me in the end... Either there is a 'no-headshot-prone-glitch' (which I really think. Similar experience occurs when sniping: while I have no problems getting headshots on standing targets, even as they move, I miss 99% of the times on prone targets -actually, the rifle misses, not me: my crosshair is right in the middle of their head-), or the shottie is soooo fucked.

Anyone got a clue?

Last edited by jools (2005-11-30 07:09:30)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6814|Great Brown North
well i look at it this way, if someone can jump go prone mid air and strafe while lining up a perfect 1 hit kill headshot, i was fucked from the start since i dont play that much lol
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6758|Germany
I know these guys, too. But this guy was definetly a cheater. He was a sniper (MEC) and i thought how easy to kill him. I changed to pistol and start fireing at him. Natural he was bunny hopping and BAM! with one shot (SVD) I were dead. I thought wtf with one shot, in a jump, with a full health-bar and killed with a SVD.
Something like this shit makes me angry. Real angry!
aporx
+0|6755
Total agree, it looks like a glitch. So, u BF code cutters, get cutting. It’s one of the most frustrating thing in the game.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6762
If I find a bunch of people bunny hopping or diving, like say the War is Hell members, I just leave. 

I will say Dolphin Divers are the best thing to happen to snipers. I dunno how many times I purposely miss a runner just to have him DD and present me a clean easy headshot
Sud
+0|6782
That's not really being owned, that's just getting lucked by some kid holding down his fire button. This is an annoying trend that happens to me quite often. Then I'll see the same guy again and kill him while he's in the midst of 3 of his teammates. Unfortunately until they can remove luck this kind of stuff will happen, and quite often.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6799
Well under further accidental investigation i have found that in fact when one prone rolls he is invulnerable. today i kept encountering the same person several times who would suddenly pop out around a corner and do his prone roll while i emptied half the clip of my G36c into him everytime, but of course it never phased him and he killed me every single fucking time...

what a stupid glitch...(if it even is a glitch?)
nating75
+0|6811

ronin1942 wrote:

I think he was talking about when people jump then lay prone (you get the roll animation) i do this a lot people usualy shoot over my head expecting the bunny hop but no im on the ground .....lol works great
I've ran in to people that use this tactic. It's a very good 'exploit' I say exploit only in the nicest possible way because you jump and then go prone and get all of the aiming advantages of being prone (I hate to beat a broken drum but that's the problem with jumping). Plus when you go prone it becomes extremely difficult to hit the guy in mid air. On more than one occasion I've had my reticle all over the jumpers head while he was prone and hit nothing but wind.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6789
Damn luck hax, lol

But you do see some very suspect stuff sometimes, like bunnyhopping snipers getting one shot kills etc

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard