Raptor1
+19|6458
I have seen about all, at airshows and on airbases, my dad was in the navy an i got to go see all sorts of stuff, i have even flown in a couple, and the civillian car. I've also fored a numer of the weapons, like the 9F2S, and the M4 New Orleans has an AFB with lots of that stuff
Swimmerxc
+12|6448|DC/VA

GhostStalker0 wrote:

Everything on the US side except for the F-35B of course.
BAH, go here
http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/
there's a F-35B sitting there
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
From BF2 I've seen an Apache, most Airforce planes aren't in BF2 so I can't comment on those
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Black Hawks
Cobras
Chinooks (those are in BFV)
F-18
Aircraft carrier
and some other things i forget, mostly not in BF2.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut
I was in the Marines 96'-00' 24th MEU Camp LeJeune N.C. . I have seen most of them except the Army uses the Blackhawk. We used the Heuy or the Seasprite. If you were a very unlucky private you got to ride in that damn osprey thing (no thanks). The small jeeps are used by SF guys so I never rode in one but they look fun as hell.
Malloy must go
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
i was cutting the grass and a cobra flew over me. it was sick. other than that ive seen humvees, vodniks, dpvs, favs, jet skis, 4 wheelers, u know, the usual.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut

Spearhead wrote:

I see modified versions of the Black Hawk, I think it's called the Seahawk, every once in a while during hurricane season.  But those are Coast Guard, not Marines or Army.  While I was in NC at camp I once saw a Cobra flying 400-500 feet above us.  That was cool.
There is a chopper called the Seasprite. Its made by a company called Kaman aerospace in Connecticut. You're right its mostly used by the Coast Guard but it is also used on Naval ships for sea exercises. Also used by the Marines cuz we are a department of the Navy and they give us all their leftover crap!
Malloy must go
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6448|San Diego, CA

Swimmerxc wrote:

GhostStalker0 wrote:

Everything on the US side except for the F-35B of course.
BAH, go here
http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/
there's a F-35B sitting there
Hmm.... Ill check it out next time Im in Washington, thanks
howler_27
+90|6657
Sat in an M1A1 in the Fort Knox motor pool back in the 80's when they first came out - while visiting my Bro
Been in a humvee
Saw an F-15E at flying out of White AFB in Missouri
Saw an A-10 at EAA in Oshkosh, WI and at Fort Knox during exercises
Saw a squadron of Cobras and a Squad of Apaches heading out to exercises at Fort Knox
Saw the Blue Angels over Lake Michigan - Does that count for the F-18's , lol

I'm sure that there are more, but I can't remember at this point, lol.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6710|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
ive seen a civilian car one day.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada
When I was in the army, I got to whip down an f-18
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6529|Hungary
I have a nice story about this.I was sitting on a bus when i was on my way into the city.The bus was driving a long road like allways...of course i was just looking out of the window and i had my mind on SF coz i played it 1 hour before so i was thinking about it and then what happend ? I heard some noise from a chopper i thought it will be some basic firefighter chopper or something but no....I was looking to my right and then i saw a Hind flying.It was not far but it was a bit high...I was like WTF.Exactly the same in green color.It passed away and i was exicted....after 1 min other 2 Hind's were flying abouve the bus and i saw them when they passed my horizon....It was awsome...the noise and everything.
The other thing was a Littlebird or something like this..it was years ago...the form was the same...maybe not the same model but very common with it.
Em0
+0|6462
I've once seen a real pistol. Even fired 6 shots with it. That's all.
bEAv3D
+24|6664|Fayettenam, NC USA
A nissan pickup....

Also, I've seen most of the other stuff.  Living next to Ft. Bragg, you'll have that.  But, the nissan is my fav.
Crestfallen
+27|6419|England, Leicester
F-18's, F-15 Strike Eagle, UH-60 Blackhawk, A-10, HMMWV, T-90 MBT, MIG-29 Fulcrum, ATV, Jet-Ski, SU-34 Flanker, Apache-Longbow, MI-35 Hind D, Challenger 2, Eurofighter and C-130 (Although that was in the Desert Combat Mod for 1942 )

Seen most of them at air-displays and museums, but it would be awesome to see one or two of them just randomly.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
AH-1z Flew over my house while i was out smoking. I had to think for a sec if i was playing Bf2 or really outside

Blackhawk Ive seen alot, most memorable was this time i saw one circling a corn field, then hovering. Then 3 lines drop out of the sides and then guys in full camo and machine guns repel down into this field. I still have no clue what the hell they were doing, but im sure it wasn't good for who/what they were after. Im guessing they found some weed farmers, theres alot of that around here. anyway it was cool to watch

Apache Longbow Saw one at an airshow, even looking at one on the ground makes u think tEh Pwn4ge.

A-10 Warthog Ive seen them flying around a few times. I even got to sit in the cockpit of one at an airshow, it was sweet. A10's are ALOT smaller than they look in the air.

FA-18 I've seen the Blue Angels perform, those guys are Nuckin Futs.

Pickup Truck I drive a pickup like the one in SF, only mine is nicer, extended cab, and has a windshield. i mounted the .50cal myself

It's not in Bf2 but ive seen an F117 Stealth up close and personal. It had ropes around it but the nose of the plane was close enough to touch. So i did, and was quickly told to "not do that" by one of the heavily armed soldiers standing around it. It feels weird, kinda rough like sandpaper. cool stuff

Last edited by Cbass (2006-09-01 10:12:32)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA
I've seen nearly everything on the US side and a lot of the Russian made equipment. I spent 3 Years in US Army. Most of it was in West Germany patrolling along the Czechoslovakia/E. German border. Plus, my unit (the 2nd Cavalry Regiment) led the assault into Souther Iraq during Desert Storm.

I have personal experience with the Stinger:
https://repeat-offenders.org/stinger.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I've seen UK Challenger tanks somewhere a long time ago, forgot where (think that tank is in EF, though i've never played EF)

That's about it, i think. Never seen the L85A1/A2 in real life. Never seen any US stuff either.
Lethality666
+4|6428
Dont you know? Marine stands for My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment?

My favorite experience was on a Tiger cruise aboard the Enterprise. We got to stand on the flight deck and watch the launching of F-14's, F-18's...(I was within 30 feet of the wingtip)..what a rush. The same F-18's also  dropped 500 and 1000 lbs bombs off the port side of the ship....very cool to watch the concussion head towards you and then you feel it...

Last edited by Lethality666 (2006-09-01 07:47:14)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Being from the UK, I dont see any of the American military (whether for better or for worse). Ditto for "MEC" and China.

Unless you count WW2 tanks at museums or some jets @ Fairford air show - all of which would never have been in BF2.

Although, I saw an M16 in France at the Channel Tunnel. Does an Apache on Top Gear count? Or living near Hereford, i.e. near to the basecamp of the SAS?

Last edited by Snake (2006-09-01 09:51:04)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6496|Singapore
vid of a j-10

ayumiz are you singaporean ?

Last edited by jkohlc (2006-09-01 10:10:49)

ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6606|NJ

HCSkorpio wrote:

...I saw an Apache Cobra...
hmm thats strange i dont remember being anywhere near california

oh and ive seen like everything thats in Bf2 except the su34, su30 and the f35b
ecko3389
Banned
+5|6613|so cal
ive seen the titan one time over my house and one time i was walking down the street and i saw a battle walker
ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6606|NJ

ecko3389 wrote:

ive seen the titan one time over my house and one time i was walking down the street and i saw a battle walker
i also dont remember a titan or battle walker being in bf2/sf and i dont remember that they even exist???
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6514|Boise, Idaho
I live by an AF base and I see A10's all the time I learned how to fly one in a cockpit type simulater it kicks ass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard