ecm747x
+1|6460|Indiana
Just want to say to all the developers, "Great Work and great Mod".  With that being said, I have had a blast playing POE.  The teamwork is so much better and other than a few isolated incidents, very few smacktards.
Also, I have not come across any "suspected or actual" hacking either.

I few of my friends wanted to go in and play vanilla BF2 and after one round I had to get out.  The commander hack was going full force, dropping arty every 20 seconds and dropping cars by the dozens.  I love this mod and the players it brings to the game.  People who want to have fun and play like the game should have been.  People not worried about increasing their stats makes for great game play and team work.

Thanks again guys for the hard work and great mod......
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6684|Colorado
thank god someone cares about the bf2 community...the best mod I've seen in quite some time.
SPANKY_HAMSTER
+9|6583|B.C CANADA

TrollmeaT wrote:

thank god someone cares about the bf2 community...the best mod I've seen in quite some time.
SO TROLLMEAT WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A JOB IF YOU ARE AT WORK RIGHT NOW LOL
I WOULD LIKE A JOB LIKE THAT
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6520|Minnesota eh
Y Do U Talk In All Caps, Is There A Plane Over Head Or A Wife Screaming In Your Ear!!!!!?!?!?!?!!
SPANKY_HAMSTER
+9|6583|B.C CANADA
Wife Screaming In Your Ear!!!!!?!?!?!?!! No i must of hit the cap locks sorry
ecm747x
+1|6460|Indiana
lol, I am at work right now too and when my planes come in with no problems I have free time.  If they are broke, well I wouldn't be on here..lol
BCspeed34
+6|6570
Yeah, and there's one thing that I don't understand. In BF2vanilla, I always, always want a UAV over my head, spotting every-single living thing within 150 feet of me. Somehow, POE2 made me forget a UAV, and love the game without. Nothing is more fun IMO than seeing a little dark spot move through a cornfield, undetected by others, seen within the scope of your polished sniper rifle. Click - boom -kill. Nothing is more satisfying than that.
SPANKY_HAMSTER
+9|6583|B.C CANADA

ecm747x wrote:

lol, I am at work right now too and when my planes come in with no problems I have free time.  If they are broke, well I wouldn't be on here..lol
cool i cut steel all day with band saw it is ok but lots of work though

Last edited by SPANKY_HAMSTER (2006-09-01 00:39:43)

ecm747x
+1|6460|Indiana

BCspeed34 wrote:

Yeah, and there's one thing that I don't understand. In BF2vanilla, I always, always want a UAV over my head, spotting every-single living thing within 150 feet of me. Somehow, POE2 made me forget a UAV, and love the game without. Nothing is more fun IMO than seeing a little dark spot move through a cornfield, undetected by others, seen within the scope of your polished sniper rifle. Click - boom -kill. Nothing is more satisfying than that.
I agree a 100%.  There is a more "realistic" feel to POE IMHO.  No UAV,s and the commander dropping arty down al the time.  I like the fact that you have to have a ground pounder spot targets, just like in the real world.  Also, you have to be careful and spot your own targets, not having a UAV showing everyone on the mini map.  That makes squad tactics even more important.  Having a full compliment of kits and people working together. 

I can't remember the server I was in but we  (the squad) were all talking and making sure we had medics and supply personnel to keep the squad going and our squad got best squad every single round for over 4 hours.  Was just plain fun!..  it happens occasionally on vanilla, but not near as much as I have had in POE.

Spanky, 

I bet cutting steal all day would be a lot of work.  I work Line Maintenance.  My planes come in for a few hours and leave out.  So, I have to have them up and running by the time they are ready to leave.  Sometimes it can be real hectic if there is a lot of things needed to be done.  Other nights, like tonight, I had no inbound items and nothing assigned needing work.  Now, I have to go out and push my planes out of the gate, in about 10 minutes, and I will be done for the rest of the night till 6:30 a.m. when my shift is over.
Aardcore
+60|6724|USA, Arizona
POE 2 is the shit! DEFINITELY brought me back to BF2 the way I first fell in love with before realizing it was exploited, hacked, imploded by retarded, teamwork-less rejects. Everything about this mod is amazing, everything's well balanced, the guns are awesomely accurate; more accurate than BF2's own guns-- it's amazing that this isn't an expansion pack, but a mod made by some guys who don't even work for EA but are the only ones who have gotten it all sorted out, I'm awestruck.

I have to constantly remind myself that this is Battlefield 2 and am wary that there are still some smacktards to take into regard but as I've noticed, not too many. Maybe because something about POE2 restrains them from coming in and back to try, or because there are no unlocks or stats... I could care less nowadays and PoE2 is just that much better. I LOVE THIS MOD!

Planes fly better, react faster and feel more like the way jets should be.
Helicopters are decked out, loaded and are always a thrill to watch and hear pass by.
Tanks never looked any better, sounded any more cooler (and it's a laugh to know the enemy tank on the receiving end of your barrel is trying to use HEAP rounds against you in retaliation)
The only flaw I have to add to this is that it's still BF2 which can still carry that potential of being an infamous hassle to deal with... yet the mods have done a VERY good job at hindering that and have amplified all that BF2 could have been, should have been, but probably never will be.

Great mod, great people to game it with, great experience.

POINT OF EXISTENCE 2 IS KING!!!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6748

Ever tried using the artillery without teamwork in POE2?

I love the commander who actually transmit targets.
Aardcore
+60|6724|USA, Arizona

Bernadictus wrote:

OMG I cannot figure out how artillery works LOL, I tried it once and I messed up big time. It feels sorta like playing Scorched Earth or something from a bird's eye view/
Crestfallen
+27|6460|England, Leicester
No one was using it last night so as commander I hopped in and ranged the artillery myself.  Took me some guesstimating but its damn effective.  I prefer when you have teamwork to do it though, its much more fun that way.
ecm747x
+1|6460|Indiana
I used the arty a couple of rounds and became pretty good at ranging it in.  Is sometimes hard to tell where it lands on the first shot if you aren't close to your target and see it on the overhead.  I wish there was a way to zoom in or out with the overhead view.  I had a guy on my squad playing sniper and calling in numerous arty targets.  I also had a commander who would drop me a supply box when getting low on ammo.  That was a real plus.  I would stay in the base where I was safe from people coming in.  That is one thing I like about Poe.  No base raping.  Plus every map has an uncappable base.  I like that as well.  Keeps each map balanced.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6709

Its a better mod that AF and EF combined, and it was bloody FREE, but I can't see my freaking target with the arty.
Silas[UK1]
+0|6562|Newark, England
POE2 is the DON.

Cool weapons/vehicles/fun maps & some original ideas.
The arti is especially fun. We were testing it out on the UK1 server last night. One guy spotting & then the other firing. Teamwork rules on this MOD as already stated above.

Its just loads of fun not worrying about stats/points/KDRs. Just join & play. What an amazing idea (listening EA???).
hordi74
+16|6476|Capital City of Nds, Germany

Aardcore wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

OMG I cannot figure out how artillery works LOL, I tried it once and I messed up big time. It feels sorta like playing Scorched Earth or something from a bird's eye view/
look up youtube for poe2 artillerie. there are some nice guides.
ecm747x
+1|6460|Indiana
Plus look under Bernadictus post.  He has a guide at the bottom about arty....
Aardcore
+60|6724|USA, Arizona
Sweet, I'm gonna hook up with that stuff, the guides on arty and all, get all educated LOL and then get on POE2, get in the artillery and be like "Deathshell Unit ready for bombardment commander, deploy me a target." Till then...
ecm747x
+1|6460|Indiana
Hey AArdcore,

I sent you an invite on x-fire.  Hope you didn't mind.  We should hook up and play sometime.  I am on mostly weekends and in the mornings after work around 7:30 est.  If I see you on x-fire I will join you and have some fun. 
A bunch of my team mates just started playing poe as well.  We work really well in a squad together.  hope you can join us.....

And Spanky, I didn't see an x-fire for you.  If you have it add me  ecm747x and join me and the guys I play with sometime.  Like having guys that play well with others..lol

Last edited by ecm747x (2006-09-01 20:12:21)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6776|Toronto Canada
yeah this mod is a definate break from karkand whores and all that. i love playing sniper with that svd. it owns. IT OWNS!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard